This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I looked at a minivan today. I might be a minivan guy, guys. They're just so friggin practical.

But I want the Tesla Model X instead.

I was a SUV guy. Big. Comfortable. Functional in all aspects. Throw in the bells and whistles and you've got yourself a nice drive. 
I also think they're "tighter" than minivans (if that makes sense....).

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I was a SUV guy. Big. Comfortable. Functional in all aspects. Throw in the bells and whistles and you've got yourself a nice drive. 
I also think they're "tighter" than minivans (if that makes sense....).

yeah i have a lexus suv and a prius right now. Both are lacking storage that I need/want ha

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

yeah i have a lexus suv and a prius right now. Both are lacking storage that I need/want ha

Well I dont know what you're hauling around....but I never had any problems loading up my SUVs with all sorts of stuff - but - I evolved (LOL) to the Ford Sportrac - which was the SUV front cab with the short bed outside. So I had the ride in style front with the functionality of a truck bed. Since I wasnt regularly hauling lumber around the 8'x4' beds werent necessary and I never wanted anything to do with the OVERSIZED trucks they were putting out. Stupid design IMO unless you;re in construction or something. Way too big and heavy. I value design and functionality.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well I dont know what you're hauling around....but I never had any problems loading up my SUVs with all sorts of stuff - but - I evolved (LOL) to the Ford Sportrac - which was the SUV front cab with the short bed outside. So I had the ride in style front with the functionality of a truck bed. Since I wasnt regularly hauling lumber around the 8'x4' beds werent necessary and I never wanted anything to do with the OVERSIZED trucks they were putting out. Stupid design IMO unless you;re in construction or something. Way too big and heavy. I value design and functionality.

My daughters and all their schit (and my dog)

My parents had two minivans when I was growing up.  One they bought, and one was a company car my dad got.  You can fit a lot of stuff in them.  I am not sure that they have more capacity than an SUV, but they do have the sliding side door and the full hatch-back tailgate, which allow for more ease of access.  It has been my experience that it is easier to get to the third row of seats in a van vs an SUV as well.  That comes in handy when the kids want to have their own space.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I looked at a minivan today. I might be a minivan guy, guys. They're just so friggin practical.

But I want the Tesla Model X instead.

Do it.  My wife and I swore up and down we'd never own a minivan, but when it came time to buy our first new vehicle, guess what we ended up with?  And we absolutely LOVE it.

Although if I had a shot at a Tesla for myself, I'd be on that like flies in doodoo.