This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

I know you're all waiting on this.......

Looks like NABISCO will have Carrot Cake & Buttered Popcorn OREOs on the shelf this year.

:)

Lady two cubes behind me at the office has the Carrot Cake ones..... they're pretty dang good.

I watched the Han Solo movie on Netflix.  It seems to me that people just look for reasons to complain.  It was a fun little movie with some tie-ins to the other films.  Were they expecting a Best Picture nomination from the Academy? Have they seen any other Star Wars movies?

Eat some popcorn, escape for two hours, and let yourself have some fun.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I watched the Han Solo movie on Netflix.  It seems to me that people just look for reasons to complain.  It was a fun little movie with some tie-ins to the other films.  Were they expecting a Best Picture nomination from the Academy? Have they seen any other Star Wars movies?

I didn’t go see it because of the scathing reviews it received but not that I watched it on Netflix I found it entertaining and enjoyable. They used a lot of tie ins to the originals while still creating a enjoyable origin story

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just didnt like the casting for Solo. Everything else was fine though, not great but not bad. Id be interested in Darth Maul getting another film with Emilia Clarke.

Bird box on the other hand, terrible movie.

Why are people obsessed with Bird Box? I felt kind of cheated, the movie opens with the ending... I KNOW WHO IS GOING TO SURVIVE! everything from there is just how does everyone else die? And what exactly does this final place have that keeps them safe...

agree the Casting of Han wasn’t great but I probably could t of done better.... recasting for Harrison Ford is not easy... not the same thing but Indiana Jones and Crystal Skull... I think they were hoping to reboot the franchise and hand the reins over to Shia as an Indiana Jonesesque character and we saw how that went. The Jack Ryan character is another one that others can’t make work, though John Krasinski did a pretty good job on the character but is also the truest to Harrison Ford version. You know what, that might be the answer, could John Krasinski been a better casting for Han? I think he might have been... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Assume you had to give Nick Foles the Kirk Cousins contract. Which QB would you rather have for 2019 and 2020?

Cousins?
Or Foles?

Same contract, Cousins.  The last four seasons Cousins has been a 16 game starter and averaged 27.75 TDs to 11.5 INTs.  I think I can win with that.  Foles has never started more than 11 games.  He had a ridiculous 2013, that we can clearly see is an outlier, and has only one other season with double-digit TD passes.  I trust the consistency of Cousins more. 

For casting Han Solo, I thought of Chris Pratt.  But probably just because the Guardians of the Galaxy guy is just a discount rack Han Solo. 

I guess if I had a complaint, it isn't the actor.  I think he did fine for what he was given.  The character of Han should have been more like the Woody Harrelson character, or even a less goofy Jack Sparrow.  As a stand alone movie this is not a problem, but he had to be convinced to help out in Star Wars, this sets him up as a pretty straight forward good guy.  

I think a problem with many current films is that they are trying to be the Avengers rather than tell a good story.  Not everything has to have goofy jokes to break up a tense situation.  I don't think that the Avengers started this, but I think those films are really driving it home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Assume you had to give Nick Foles the Kirk Cousins contract. Which QB would you rather have for 2019 and 2020?

Cousins?
Or Foles?

Foles all the way. Cousins has always struck me as just.......... mediocre. Foles has shown he can get it done against top flight competition in the playoffs.