This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Assume you had to give Nick Foles the Kirk Cousins contract. Which QB would you rather have for 2019 and 2020?

Cousins?
Or Foles?

Cousins. I like Foles but don’t think he has enough to be an above average 16 game starter. Cousins has proven that he can consistently be a top twelve QB.

49 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Cousins. I like Foles but don’t think he has enough to be an above average 16 game starter. Cousins has proven that he can consistently be a top twelve QB.

top 12 doesn't mean squat if you can't win the big games when they are on the line.

13 hours ago, coachbuns said:

top 12 doesn't mean squat if you can't win the big games when they are on the line.

Have to get to the big game though.  Who is the real Nick Foles? Look at his stats.  They are all over the place.  And he has never started more than 11 games.  Remember, we are talking about a scenario where Foles gets the same exact contract that Cousins has.  

• Like 1

He got them there last year and won it all didn't he?  Stats are for losers ... I want wins when they count.  Cousins didn't win squat in Washington and he didn't get the Vikings even close to the proposed big dance this year.  I wouldn't want either but to say Cousins is head and above Foles .... questionable    

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't even have to energy to watch how bad (but not offensive) I expect that commercial to be.

It's corny as ****. But this is a commercial that comes out 15 years ago without a peep. It's just "be a good person not a bad one." Oh heaven ******* forbid. But these days everything is some massive sjw conspiracy that's taking over the world. 

I've never interacted with a "sjw" but I'm at the point of interacting with thousands of these people that are so angry with them. It's not an sjw changing ****. It's a culture of trying to turn back the clock of gender and race equality and it's getting really ******* old. It's not going to go back in the box easily either. Just pathetic...I know it was always there but at least people have enough sense to STFU. Now they're just shemales (lol I swiped shameless and got shemales lolol). Bothers me way more than it should. Maybe it's just weirdo internet ****** bags and not society as a whole. But we elected their hero so probably not

And I'll probably get yelled at for this but whatevs

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's corny as ****. But this is a commercial that comes out 15 years ago without a peep. It's just "be a good person not a bad one." Oh heaven ******* forbid. But these days everything is some massive sjw conspiracy that's taking over the world. 

I've never interacted with a "sjw" but I'm at the point of interacting with thousands of these people that are so angry with them. It's not an sjw changing ****. It's a culture of trying to turn back the clock of gender and race equality and it's getting really ******* old. It's not going to go back in the box easily either. Just pathetic...I know it was always there but at least people have enough sense to STFU. Now they're just shemales (lol I swiped shameless and got shemales lolol). Bothers me way more than it should. Maybe it's just weirdo internet ****** bags and not society as a whole. But we elected their hero so probably not

And I'll probably get yelled at for this but whatevs

I don't even know how you can say  with any confidence how it would be reacted to 15 years ago. There's no cultural context for it fifteen years ago. If anything, I think that it's prevalent enough to be reacted to so vehemently is probably a good sign. If you tried to lecture somebody about "toxic masculinity" in 2004 they wouldn't have the slightest idea what you're talking about, and probably would have just shrugged you off as a weirdo for being concerned about it. 

As far as why it pisses people off, in the case of Gillette, it's hypocritical as hell. They don't give a **** about toxic masculinity. They're trying to get paid and cash in on that "woke" money. They don't care about women, at least not more than they care about their dollars. They're still charging women laughably more money for inferior razors. They still throw their name up on the Patriots stadium when that team employed Aaron Hernandez, like the NFL isn't the most "Toxic Masculine" institution outside of maybe the military. Why the hell shouldn't people be pissed off about companies lying about their values? It gets old fast. This is the exact definition of corporate virtue signalling. It's annoying. 

As far as why some men get annoyed when they get lectured about sexual harassment, getting lectured about sexual harassment when you don't sexually harass people is irritating. I'm not saying a good portion of the anti-SJW population isn't mouth breathing trolls, but it would help if the same people who post about this "equality" weren't just looking for a check. Carrie Underwood is a classic example. Produces a **** song and then takes a shot at the women for calling a spade a spade under the guise of feminism.

Look at Disney's reaction to their Last Jedi flop (being a relative term) it wasn't that everyone in the movie behaved irrationally, it was the sexist's fault. As far as the criticism that they were putting their "inclusive" tendencies over immersive story telling not being valid, in the next movie they released, Lando was ******* a robot, not like a humanoid android, like a freaking toaster. It's not like there's a shortage of examples of this kinda thing. Sacrificing quality for diversity isn't something that people should be happy about. 

• Like 1

Lulz at Greg Hardy getting DQ'd in his 4th MMA match. It's like he doesnt know the rules or something.

I probably know a few dudes who'd have a "relationship" with a toaster if it wasnt taboo.  Guy not too far from where I live just got arrested for trying to procreate with a calf or a sheep or other barnyard animal.

"In the co-main event Saturday night at Barclays Center, former NFL defensive lineman Greg Hardy was disqualified for throwing an illegal knee in the second round of his heavyweight fight with Allen Crowder.

Hardy, who had reached the second round for the first time in his short MMA career, was grappling on the canvas with Crowder when he began to get on his feet. Crowder still had a knee down when Hardy launched his right knee into Crowder’s temple in an illegal maneuver. Crowder couldn’t continue and Hardy was disqualified in his UFC debut"