This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

No way. North Dakota is colder, outdated jobs, smaller, less populated, and no black hills.

But hey, you know what they say, there's a pretty girl behind every tree in North Dakota.

Who wants more populated?  Outdated jobs?  Who cares about that?  Have you been to Bismarck lately?  McDonalds has to start people at 13 dollars an hour there. I could get 37 job offers if I sneezed in lieu of a God bless you, and people there have brains.  There's also no rampant drug addiction.  

As far as colder, when you get to 20 degrees in the winter, it really doesn't matter how low it goes.  You're not going outside in the winter if it's 10 degrees or below 30 anyway.  

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who wants more populated?  Outdated jobs?  Who cares about that?  Have you been to Bismarck lately?  McDonalds has to start people at 13 dollars an hour there. I could get 37 job offers if I sneezed in lieu of a God bless you, and people there have brains.  There's also no rampant drug addiction.  

As far as colder, when you get to 20 degrees in the winter, it really doesn't matter how low it goes.  You're not going outside in the winter if it's 10 degrees or below 30 anyway.  

Outdated jobs. Yeah, what do you wanna do go work in the Bakken or mine coal? Dying industries with little future.

McDonalds starts people at $13 an hour in ND because the cost of living got so out of equilibrium due to the oil boom.

Bismark is not great and in the middle of nowhere. I go there for work frequently.

Opioid addiction there is worse than in SD: https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Nebraska got really messed up. One of the dams broke and they're releasing more volume to relieve the lower dams now. It's gonna get worse, we've had so much snow this year.

Nebraska all drains to the Missouri, doesn't it?

The Mississippi really gets us, but the Missouri doesn't help matters.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Nebraska all drains to the Missouri, doesn't it?

The Mississippi really gets us, but the Missouri doesn't help matters.

Oh yeah, no doubt. And Minnesota missed out on a lot of the white stuff we got over here so hopefully the Miss doesnt swell so much. I sure wouldnt want waterfront property anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Oh yeah, no doubt. And Minnesota missed out on a lot of the white stuff we got over here so hopefully the Miss doesnt swell so much. I sure wouldnt want waterfront property anytime soon.

Listening to the news, it sounds like the Mississippi is going to be in flood watch for the next few months.  Someone said they are preparing for the minor chance that it could be worse than '93.  I visited St Louis at that time... Lots of water.  Supposedly, my office was underwater, so that will be an adventure if it happens!

55 minutes ago, SaginawReunion83 said:

I thought you had that game Norm!

Haha I didn't actually pick them but I'm bummed I didn't take a bet with all those points just for fun. 

My bracket sucks too. No elite 8 out but I'm going to have like 8 sweet sixteen teams lol

I stopped a while back because I had more fun just rooting for anarchy. I now remember why I stopped

Edited by Norm

7 hours ago, Norm said:

Haha I didn't actually pick them but I'm bummed I didn't take a bet with all those points just for fun. 

My bracket sucks too. No elite 8 out but I'm going to have like 8 sweet sixteen teams lol

I stopped a while back because I had more fun just rooting for anarchy. I now remember why I stopped

I like rooting for anarchy.  I also like making fun of the guy that complains when the top ranked team loses and his bracket is screwed.  He had that plucky upstart Duke going all the way!? What a CrAzY pick!!!!! How did he ever come up with that one? Everyone else surely had Middle Tennessee State getting out of that region, HIS bracket is screwed!

• Like 2