This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

On 4/28/2019 at 3:50 PM, blueswedeshoes said:

One of these summers I would like to spend a week canoeing and camping in the boundary waters. Anyone here ever do that?

Two trips to Quetico and two more into the boundary waters.  Second trip to Quetico was the first group let in following huge fires.  You could still smell the smoke in the air.  Wildlife was discombobulated; wolves, moose and bear were all mixed up out of their comfort zone.  One night we were camping on an island and got to listen to another camp down the lake trying to scare a bear off all night long.

If you go into Quetico, take the boat ride from Moose Lake to Prairie Portage and enter there.  Catching Lake Trout like picking apples.

Story about the '95 fire. 

https://travelingted.com/2011/08/05/escaping-the-sag-lake-fire-in-the-boundary-waters-canoe-area/

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

The world needs to stop talking about Joel Embiid

If you're referring to Sports Talk Whom/Whatever.....isnt their entire shtick to ramble on about the most recent "controversy?"
Perhaps you need to turn down the volume on the world.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

If you're referring to Sports Talk Whom/Whatever.....isnt their entire shtick to ramble on about the most recent "controversy?"
Perhaps you need to turn down the volume on the world.

Well I have a TV at work in my building and I usually leave it on ESPN. It doesn't matter what the hell is going on the last 3 weeks, every show talks about him half the ******* time lol. It's not that big of a deal but there's just other stuff, even on the same damn team to discuss.

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

He's more annoying in the NBA than he was in college. I want to like the guy but...

I don't really have too much of an issue with him, as goofy as he is, it's just like watching damn Truman Show or something lately. No matter what, it needs to be covered.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Well I have a TV at work in my building and I usually leave it on ESPN. It doesn't matter what the hell is going on the last 3 weeks, every show talks about him half the ******* time lol. It's not that big of a deal but there's just other stuff, even on the same damn team to discuss.

Understood. Not so much ESPN as that covers individual baseball games and like - but a lot of that programming exists on "Headline News" so you get the usual "headliners": Brady, BB, NE, DAL, Dak, Jer, LeBron, LAL, current event (Playoffs etc) then back into some rotation of the headliners again and people yelling at each other for some reason. Its brain food for the brain dead sports addict.

In fact, just read where NFL Networks is cutting back on a number of their programs....which will have bearing on many of its "stars" sticking or not. 
A good deal of that stuff is personality driven drivel covering the same stuff IMO.

• Like 1

Reminder to all those running backwards sprints......

NY Post:

A freshman sprinter on the University of Georgia track team was hospitalized after he was accidentally impaled by a javelin, the school said Wednesday.

Elija Goodwin suffered a punctured and collapsed left lung when he backed into a javelin implanted in the ground while running backward sprints.

Medical workers sawed off a piece of the javelin that was sticking out of Goodwin’s back, the station reported. He was transported to a nearby hospital where the rest of the javelin was surgically removed by doctors.

(That sawing procedure probably kept him from bleeding to death - but cant imagine it being a pleasant experience........)

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Reminder to all those running backwards sprints......

NY Post:

A freshman sprinter on the University of Georgia track team was hospitalized after he was accidentally impaled by a javelin, the school said Wednesday.

Elija Goodwin suffered a punctured and collapsed left lung when he backed into a javelin implanted in the ground while running backward sprints.

Medical workers sawed off a piece of the javelin that was sticking out of Goodwin’s back, the station reported. He was transported to a nearby hospital where the rest of the javelin was surgically removed by doctors.

(That sawing procedure probably kept him from bleeding to death - but cant imagine it being a pleasant experience........)

My old man used to be a college coach and he saw someone take one to the leg once. Nailed him right to the ground. He always tells the story like nobody took a breathe in the whole stadium for 5 minutes.

I feel like I now hear it happened every couple, 3 years. Dangerous damn ****

10 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Hit me with your favorite tequila cocktails to make for Las Vegas this weekend.

The folks in TAST have gotten me to decide on this bottle, but mission says to drink it straight lol

100016_0_1_3.jpg

I've always been a tequila to jumpstart the night, or finish the night. But my advice would be to get a **** ton of stuff to mix in it and see what feels right. I hear pineapple juice is a good move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norm said:

My old man used to be a college coach and he saw someone take one to the leg once. Nailed him right to the ground. He always tells the story like nobody took a breathe in the whole stadium for 5 minutes.

I feel like I now hear it happened every couple, 3 years. Dangerous damn ****

There's a picture I've seen somewhere out there of an official at a track meet that was taken like miliseconds before he got hit with a javelin. it's like 2 inches from his kidney at the time of the photo. He ended up doing fine after treatment. I saw a few people get hit with a shotput in my days. One in the head, one in the spine. Also saw a guy hit himself in the forehead with a discus. Not really his fault though.

• Like 1