This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Who is ready for me to come up with excuses to disguise the fact that I cannot admit I suck at fantasy football this year because the least important position in reality is arguably the most important position in fantasy and I cannot swallow my pride enough to put an emphasis on the wide receiver position? 

I mean seriously, how in the **** does fantasy football widely hamper the QB position and defense when those are the two most important aspects to regular season wins? 

How do you get 1 point per catch, a point per ten yards and 6 points per touchdown as a receiver when a QB takes 25 passing yards and doesn't get even a half or a quarter point per completion? 

The ridiculous nature of fantasy football blows my damn mind. 

I knew I was screwed last year when Nelson Agholor got me 8.9 points for an 8 catch, 33 yards receiving and 16 yards rushing performance in week one and Aaron Rodgers only got me 30.94 points for 286 passing yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and 15 yards rushing. 

In whose convoluted mind is Agholor's week 1 performance worth nearly a third of Aaron's? 

If you could fit the brain of the person who invented fantasy football scoring on the edge of a razor, it would look like a pea in the middle of a four lane highway. 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you could fit the brain of the person who invented fantasy football scoring on the edge of a razor, it would look like a pea in the middle of a four lane highway. 

that's beautiful prose.
we started playing FF in Madison in the early 80's, so you're going to have to dig deep to find the original peabrain

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is ready for me to come up with excuses to disguise the fact that I cannot admit I suck at fantasy football this year because the least important position in reality is arguably the most important position in fantasy and I cannot swallow my pride enough to put an emphasis on the wide receiver position? 

I mean seriously, how in the **** does fantasy football widely hamper the QB position and defense when those are the two most important aspects to regular season wins? 

How do you get 1 point per catch, a point per ten yards and 6 points per touchdown as a receiver when a QB takes 25 passing yards and doesn't get even a half or a quarter point per completion? 

I knew I was screwed last year when Nelson Agholor got me 8.9 points for an 8 catch, 33 yards receiving and 16 yards rushing performance in week one and Aaron Rodgers only got me 30.94 points for 286 passing yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and 15 yards rushing. 

In whose convoluted mind is Agholor's week 1 performance worth nearly a third of Aaron's? 

This is why I quit. The leagues I ran had QBs about twice as valuable as anyone else, especially the elites. People complained, and I got bored.

It was an inflated points league to help separate the real elites. Had +/- points for completions/incompletions even.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Is the idea since there aren't a ton of "good" QBs, it helps equal things out or something?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Is the idea since there aren't a ton of "good" QBs, it helps equal things out or something?

Whatever it is it’s BS.  Fantasy should emulate reality.  It’s a simple fix.  You increase the strength of DEFENSE and QB.  Have those two close in value and everything equals out.  

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Whatever it is it’s BS.  Fantasy should emulate reality.  It’s a simple fix.  You increase the strength of DEFENSE and QB.  Have those two close in value and everything equals out.  

I know the group around here does 2 QBs and I guess that makes QBs more valuable, at least in the draft, I guess they go early fast. But IDK if the scoring is any different...

You aren't wrong though, the strat has been for ages just wait and take that Matt Stafford type or what not. I guess I never really pondered it before because fantasy sucks.

lol

The best league I ever saw, you had to have the worst QB, you got more points the worse they did, but they had to start obviously, I don't remember the details but there was some "news' story on it once and I thought it was hilarious.

Edited by Norm