This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

I just watched the 2007 cut-up of the Seahawks blizzard playoff game.  It is crazy how I remember certain players based on the era, not exactly when we had them.  I remember Greg Jennings, Charles Woodson, James Jones, Tramon Williams, Nick Collins, and Brandon Jackson all playing with the Rodgers Packers.  This was the season before Rodgers took over, but I just don't associate these players with Brett Favre being QB.  Others that were Favre era guys, even though they would play with Rodgers the next year were Ryan Grant, Atari Bigby, Al Harris, Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher, Nick Barnett, KGB, and Kampman.  I suppose AJ Hawk and Donald Driver kind of straddle the line in my mind, when really, all of these guys should too.

11 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

The Chicago Bulls used that for years during the starting lineup introductions during the Jordan era.

That's how I knew it. I googled bulls intro song lol

I was kinda surprised he didn't recognize it based of that but not everyone watches the NBA

Edited by Norm

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just watched the 2007 cut-up of the Seahawks blizzard playoff game.  It is crazy how I remember certain players based on the era, not exactly when we had them.  I remember Greg Jennings, Charles Woodson, James Jones, Tramon Williams, Nick Collins, and Brandon Jackson all playing with the Rodgers Packers.  This was the season before Rodgers took over, but I just don't associate these players with Brett Favre being QB.  Others that were Favre era guys, even though they would play with Rodgers the next year were Ryan Grant, Atari Bigby, Al Harris, Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher, Nick Barnett, KGB, and Kampman.  I suppose AJ Hawk and Donald Driver kind of straddle the line in my mind, when really, all of these guys should too.

Donald Driver is easily one of the guys I most associate with Favre. 

Being in a relationship is solving problems together... Problems you wouldn't have if you were single.

Technically almost every mirror you buy at a store is in used condition.

We flash our teeth at each other as a sign of affection or happiness when nearly every single other animal uses it as a sign of aggression.

If you wait till marriage, then technically you have only ever had sex with family members. 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:17 PM, Shanedorf said:

Being in a relationship is solving problems together... Problems you wouldn't have if you were single.

Technically almost every mirror you buy at a store is in used condition.

We flash our teeth at each other as a sign of affection or happiness when nearly every single other animal uses it as a sign of aggression.

If you wait till marriage, then technically you have only ever had sex with family members. 

Thank you for compiling the worst of Sudden Clarity Clarence memes

https://imgur.com/gallery/g25xN

Edited by AlexGreen#20

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I wonder what Bacon's Law for mass shooting victims is now. Maybe 2 or 3 degrees of separation for Americans these days?

There's been 919 victims of mass shootings since 1982 if you believe Mother Jones.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

That's 34 people per year. 

Admittedly there's been an increase in recent years, but overall we're talking about an absolutely tiny sample size. 2019 has 46 so far. 2018 had 88, 2017 had 117. 2016 had 71 (58 from Las Vegas) 2015 had 46. 

+++

For reference:

Drunk Driving did 10,500 in 2016

Suicide did 45,000 in 2016.

+++

Obviously mass shootings are terrible, but there's 330 million people in this country. You're talking more in the range of 10-15 degrees of separation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Obviously mass shootings are terrible, but there's 330 million people in this country. You're talking more in the range of 10-15 degrees of separation. 

I mean...the 6 degrees of separation is debated for any two people in the world, so there's no way it's 10 or 15 in the US.

Also, victims include the living who went through it and loved ones. Not just those who took a bullet.

Edited by incognito_man

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I mean...the 6 degrees of separation is debated for any two people in the world, so there's no way it's 10 or 15 in the US.

Also, victims include the living who went through it and loved ones. Not just those who took a bullet.

I was under the impression that the 6 degrees of separation had been pretty much debunked, but I may be wrong on that. I'll differ to your expertise.

"mass shooting victims", your term, does not include loved ones. Come on, what the hell kinda statistical crap is that?

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I was under the impression that the 6 degrees of separation had been pretty much debunked, but I may be wrong on that. I'll differ to your expertise.

"mass shooting victims", your term, does not include loved ones. Come on, what the hell kinda statistical crap is that?

It's my term, so it includes what I view as all victims, which number in the thousands.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2014-56556-001?_ga=2.23416570.13802384.1564884007-779644542.1564884007

It's unfortunate you think it's "crap" that these folks aren't victims. I'm sure they disagree.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's my term, so it includes what I view as all victims, which number in the thousands.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2014-56556-001?_ga=2.23416570.13802384.1564884007-779644542.1564884007

It's unfortunate you think it's "crap" that these folks aren't victims. I'm sure they disagree.

Trauma exposure in the current study was broadly defined as the extent to which a person experienced or learned about a mass shooting.

In the abstract.

That's not a verifiable scientific study. It's compiled nonsense, and admits to being so in the language of academia. Crap like this is why psychology is the joke of the scientific community in the first place.

The meta‐analysis identified 11 qualifying studies that included 13 independent effect sizes from a total of 8,047 participants. The overall weighted mean effect size, based on a random effects model, was r = .19, p < .001, 95% CI [.13, .25]. Maximum likelihood meta‐regressions revealed no significant linear effects of participant gender, participant age, or time elapsed since the shooting on the relationship between exposure and PTSSs. Because so few studies satisfied the inclusion criteria, the present study also documents that this area of the literature is underresearched.

+++

Are family members victims in the sense that their life has gotten worse, yes, but in no other discussion in society, is someone who was shot's mother considered a shooting victim. It's also definitely not something you would consider a victim when you are talking about degrees of separation. Knowing someone who is shot is literally the first degree of separation. If the shooter knows the person he shots, is he also considered a victim of the shooting?