This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

I saw 311 as well. They were not good.  The opener, Zebrahead, was good however.  I hadn't heard of them before hand, and they really got me amped up to see the show.  Then 311 let me down.  But I will still always think that All Mixed Up is a good song, and Down, and Transistor are okay.  

48 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I saw 311 as well. They were not good.  The opener, Zebrahead, was good however.  I hadn't heard of them before hand, and they really got me amped up to see the show.  Then 311 let me down.  But I will still always think that All Mixed Up is a good song, and Down, and Transistor are okay.  

Every time I have the misfortune of hearing a 311 song I think it's going to morph into a cover of "Informer" by Snow.

A licky boom boom down.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This cannot be allowed to happen. 

Two ways I will accept it...

1.  Macauley Culkin is one of the robbers.  He may or may not be Kevin McAlister.

2.  Use the exact same cast and scenario, and they somehow leave near 40 year-old Macauley alone but he still is unable to function like a real adult.  Kind of like a Pee-Wee Herman type of character.

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Every time I have the misfortune of hearing a 311 song I think it's going to morph into a cover of "Informer" by Snow.

A licky boom boom down.

You know, I looked on youtube for a 311 cover of Informer, instead I found this:

In defense of Snow, unlike most rappers, he actually did do prison time.

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Snow isn't a rapper tho.  For all the Vanilla Ice backlash he unfairly caught, Snow was always highly regarded by his peers in the reggae community and made some really dope music.

this song still goes hard.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You know, I looked on youtube for a 311 cover of Informer, instead I found this:

Canadian Prison... is this for a bio pic or something and why is Jeff Daniels playing Snow?

Edited by Fox_NFLs_GG
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Which did you take issue with?

Most of them initially, until I started to really think deeply about their actual sound and not focus on their pop status or “contribution”, and I started to see your point....to a point, LOL.

I learned to stay away from all music opinions when I was around twenty and so many people were in love with Nine Inch Nails. I gave up at that point.  I guess I’ll just never understand why some music is loved and some is hated. Discussing it further is a gigantic waste of time. 

But, arguing over Kumerow’s value is definitely time well spent. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Norm said:

Lol

How are you 28? I thought one of the rules of being a mod was you still had to be a virgin. So either you're a 28 year old virgin or you're lying to the owners of this site. 

Underrated comment imo

33 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I learned to stay away from all music opinions when I was around twenty and so many people were in love with Nine Inch Nails. I gave up at that point.  I guess I’ll just never understand why some music is loved and some is hated. Discussing it further is a gigantic waste of time. 

But, arguing over Kumerow’s value is definitely time well spent. 

blocked :D

But seriously? You don't like Nine Inch Nails? That is like my favorite.  I do think the latest, Bad Witch, wasn't very good though.  But I really like just about everything else.

Edited by ThatJerkDave

7 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

at the risk of voiding any credibility I could ever hope for in future musical discussions...

Milli Vanilli had some jams.

They were good.  The problem was nobody would touch them after Rob and Fab were exposed.  I listened to "The Real Milli Vanilli" and "Rob and Fab" about 10 years ago when I was on a music downloading kick.  I don't recall anything bad about either group, I most likely have them burned to CD somewhere.  "Girl You Know It's True," "Baby Don't Forget My Number," and "Blame it on the Rain," were all very good pop songs that have since been buried because of the lip-sync controversy.  I will sing, "Girl You Know It's True," at karaoke some nights.