This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I still can't believe that nobody has mentioned the worst group ever though.  These dudes sold a lot of records.  And once I say it, there will probably be one guy that gets really mad and the rest will all agree.  :D 

20 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

They were good.  The problem was nobody would touch them after Rob and Fab were exposed.  I listened to "The Real Milli Vanilli" and "Rob and Fab" about 10 years ago when I was on a music downloading kick.  I don't recall anything bad about either group, I most likely have them burned to CD somewhere.  "Girl You Know It's True," "Baby Don't Forget My Number," and "Blame it on the Rain," were all very good pop songs that have since been buried because of the lip-sync controversy.  I will sing, "Girl You Know It's True," at karaoke some nights.

Milli Vanilli definitely had some jams.  "Girl, I'm Gonna Miss You" is still amazing.  What cracks me up the most is that the actual singers who Rob & Fab lip-synced over weren't exactly great singers themselves. It's not like they were these tremendous singers who were ugly and thus needed to be hidden.  haha

Just now, thrILL! said:

Milli Vanilli definitely had some jams.  "Girl, I'm Gonna Miss You" is still amazing.  What cracks me up the most is that the actual singers who Rob & Fab lip-synced over weren't exactly great singers themselves. It's not like they were these tremendous singers who were ugly and thus needed to be hidden.  haha

Like the lady from the Weather Girls that sang "I've got the power?" :D 

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Like the lady from the Weather Girls that sang "I've got the power?" :D 

LoL oh my that takes me back.  You're thinking of Penny Ford from Snap! who was also subbed out of the video in favor of someone hotter.  Martha Wash from the Weather Girls was who sang C&C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat".  Not the huge chested hottie that was in that video.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I still can't believe that nobody has mentioned the worst group ever though.  These dudes sold a lot of records.  And once I say it, there will probably be one guy that gets really mad and the rest will all agree.  :D 

I somehow sense you're gonna say Pink Floyd?

I'm not a fan of older music like I said so I can't comment much on them. I kinda enjoy Lucy and a couple other tunes but overall I'm not really a fan, I wasn't even when I was in my nerdy progressive rock phase.

Another candidate for your band could be the Rolling Stones.

I don't like any of these but I have a really hard time calling any of them the worst band ever when there are people like Will.I.am making fortunes selling mind numbing crap that shouldn't even qualify as music.

1 minute ago, Packer_ESP said:

I somehow sense you're gonna say Pink Floyd?

I'm not a fan of older music like I said so I can't comment much on them. I kinda enjoy Lucy and a couple other tunes but overall I'm not really a fan, I wasn't even when I was in my nerdy progressive rock phase.

Another candidate for your band could be the Rolling Stones.

I don't like any of these but I have a really hard time calling any of them the worst band ever when there are people like Will.I.am making fortunes selling mind numbing crap that shouldn't even qualify as music.

Not even close.  Like I said, almost everybody will agree, most have probably just put a mental block on them and forget that they exist.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

06-og.png?w=500&h=500

The objectively worst group that has had an appreciable amount of sales.

Entirely fair. I still to this day believe they were entirely meant to be a joke but got to big to stop.  They made a big deal out of making 5 albums and then making a big reveal. I 100% believe the reveal was meant to be "Haha we suck and I can't believe you people bought this carp." but somewhere around album 3 or 4 the juggalo family thing started getting big and they realized there was more money to be made/ genuinely thought it was a good thing for what otherwise would a bunch of misfits. They went from "Look at us were crazy clowns." to "Holy cow this is actually a thing and were kinda proud of it" rather quickly at the time.