This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Back in the days of flared trousers, a bee went up mine while I was golfing and stung me high on the inner thigh multiple times. I whipped off the trousers and it flew away. Laughably, no-one else who was around even noticed I had whipped off my trousers (pants to most Americans, I believe).........you can get pretty much in the zone when you golf.

I also got bitten by an adder (snake) when at scout camp, it blew my leg up to twice it's size, but never really hurt. Went back down after a few days.

Fascinating! My knowledge of Great Britain’s fauna is limited to animals that I assumed were made up, like stoats and conies and the occasional dormouse. Stunning to find out you run the risk of being bitten by a native venomous serpent agliding through the heathered hills of the English countryside.

I thought “The Black Adder” was simple hyperbole.

Apologies if you hail from some other part of the world that is populated with bees, adders, and blokes what say “trousers” for pants. 

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I also got bitten by an adder (snake) when at scout camp, it blew my leg up to twice it's size, but never really hurt. Went back down after a few days.

But most important.....did you continue on the moutain hike with your camp group?

"No Sir....I'll be alright. I may need to drag my leg a bit...and yes, its oozing puss and goo for some reason....but I'll not stop the climb!"

44 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Fascinating! My knowledge of Great Britain’s fauna is limited to animals that I assumed were made up, like stoats and conies and the occasional dormouse. Stunning to find out you run the risk of being bitten by a native venomous serpent agliding through the heathered hills of the English countryside.

I thought “The Black Adder” was simple hyperbole.

Apologies if you hail from some other part of the world that is populated with bees, adders, and blokes what say “trousers” for pants. 

You are insanely intriguing to me.

• Like 2

He reminds me of this old boy who used to come  to the bar I worked at. Full of wisdom,odd, but I always talked to him. When he died, he left me his entire estate. Now I'm a millionaire. 

Gotta try this again.

Edited by Norm

13 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

My entire fortune is invested in Canadian credit card debt. 

Great investment, tbh. Too polite not to pay their debts!

But yes, I get it.

Edited by Norm

4 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Conies. Hah ! Haven't heard them called that for a while. Yesterday was the start of the grouse shooting season in England, upper class toffs out  in shooting parties,  toting their exquisitely made (and ruinously expensive) Purdy shotguns, with a glass of Pimms to follow. Makes a change from foxhunting, what.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

But most important.....did you continue on the mountain hike with your camp group?

Not mountains but yes, we were following the source of a stream through long grass at the time. Parents got called in, and took me to a doctor (an Indian guy) who recognised snakebite straight away and pointed out the fang marks on my ankle. I never saw the snake (they aren't that big), never really felt the bite, it probably only bit me because I stepped on it, usually they just slip away. I still went back to the scout camp for the rest of the holiday, though I could only wear a slipper on  the bitten leg, it had blown up too much for shoes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu4qXqOqVDUCZFblna7SK

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Introducing my "Football Futures Green Bay Packers front office".....

GM - @Packerraymond - Knowledgeable and reasoned. What you look for in a GM. Not always right, but nobody hits on them all.
CAP Guy - @CWood21 - If there's a more "Russ Ball-like" guy on these Boards, somebody point him out.
HC - @AlexGreen#20 - Nuts & Bolts sure/steady with a "motivational edge" to him. Not all the players like him but they respect him.
OC/DC - I'll let AG20 do that hiring.
FAN IN THE STANDS - gotta be @Outpost31

I'm taking applications, so if anybody wants in on this, post your positional preference for consideration :) 

Edited by Leader

On 8/13/2019 at 9:31 AM, Leader said:

Twitter: Sports Illustrated names Madison, Wisconsin its best college town in America.

//////

Anybody who's been to Madison want to weigh in?

Hot take, coasting on its reputation. The administration has done a lot to soften the edge on it. 

I actually thought Iowa City's had a better pregame setup.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Introducing my "Football Futures Green Bay Packers front office".....

GM - @Packerraymond - Knowledgeable and reasoned. What you look for in a GM. Not always right, but nobody hits on them all.
CAP Guy - @CWood21 - If there's a more "Russ Ball-like" guy on these Boards, somebody point him out.
HC - @AlexGreen#20 - Nuts & Bolts sure/steady with a "motivational edge" to him. Not all the players like him but they respect him.
OC/DC - I'll let AG20 do that hiring.
FAN IN THE STANDS - gotta be @Outpost31

I'm taking applications, so if anybody wants in on this, post your positional preference for consideration :) 

I want full roster control ala Chucky/Carrol otherwise I'm leaving like Parcels. 

But in all seriousness, the football blueballs needs to end. This season can't keep dragging like this.