Jump to content
CWood21

This Aint Packers Talk v69

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If we're doing unity avatars this year, we definitely need to do ironic preseason players.

+++

I'll do Kumerow if we can get some more people on board.

the dude with the dragon avatar needs to be Allison.

@skibrett15 can be Lowry. 

Outpost can be Rodgers.

Chili can be Lane Taylor.

I feel like there's definitely someone who could do Jamaal Williams but I can't remember who.

There's a couple of Rashan Gary candidates. 

Actuall, Skibrett needs to be Tramon. 

Which of the Kumerow sycophants hates Trevor Davis?

usa_today_11054911.jpg

superbowl babyyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Is this me or there's another dragon dude?

I'm up for changing it, just curious why you thought about Allison.

Are you not the leader of the anti-Allison bandwagon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leader said:

CNN:  Solar energy in hundreds of Chinese cities is now cheaper than electricity supplied by the national grid, and it can even compete with coal-fired power in 75 of them, a new study has found.

 

Who's study?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are you not the leader of the anti-Allison bandwagon?

Nope, I'm not anti anyone really, just a very mild/boring person in that regard. Must be someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who's study?

It's not specified who did the study.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's not specified who did the study.

No study of China should ever be trusted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No study of China should ever be trusted

Dont disagree - but its not specified either way and China's never been one to......(what?)....advertise / publicized their advancements - so I dont think they're the source. Taking it at face value (as I am) I think this very encouraging. IMO its a foregone conclusion we need to head down this road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arwa Damon/CNN:  In the oceans, degrading plastic... binds with the man-made chemical pollutants. All that toxicity ends up in the digestive systems of marine life and travels up the food chain all the way to our dinner plates

///////////////////

I think it an absolute sin (not in the religious sense) what we're doing (and have been doing) to our seas - all of which has a cyclical element to it because it comes back to us in differing ways.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leader said:

Dont disagree - but its not specified either way and China's never been one to......(what?)....advertise / publicized their advancements - so I dont think they're the source. Taking it at face value (as I am) I think this very encouraging. IMO its a foregone conclusion we need to head down this road.

Wind and solar are not good options, as neither provide consistent output.  I agree that reliance on coal is not a good way to produce electricity.  We need to use nuclear power more.  Nuclear power has had a lot of negative propaganda put against it, but it is safer and more efficient than other methods.  

I guess I don't understand hydroelectric power.  I know the water turns the turbine and creates a lot of electricity.  Why haven't we made a man-made loop with a series of hydro dams feeding into each other, just constantly producing power.  It doesn't even have to be across a river.  There is a lot of empty land where such a facility could be constructed and not block natural waterways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Wind and solar are not good options, as neither provide consistent output.  I agree that reliance on coal is not a good way to produce electricity.  We need to use nuclear power more.  Nuclear power has had a lot of negative propaganda put against it, but it is safer and more efficient than other methods.  

I guess I don't understand hydroelectric power.  I know the water turns the turbine and creates a lot of electricity.  Why haven't we made a man-made loop with a series of hydro dams feeding into each other, just constantly producing power.  It doesn't even have to be across a river.  There is a lot of empty land where such a facility could be constructed and not block natural waterways.  

Nuclear is definitely the way to go if green energy is the desire. The negative spin has actually made coal preferable to some people which is just insane at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Nuclear is definitely the way to go if green energy is the desire. The negative spin has actually made coal preferable to some people which is just insane at this point.

Only positive attribute of coal is its cheap and it's only preferable to those cashing in on its economic value and stupid people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We" have been doing to our seas?   China, Russia, Korea, Japan etc etc make us look like Greenpeace.  Love that floating nuclear station Russia is in the process of adding to the Arctic.  Now that's progress!

Nat gas is the only way to go in the near future, and long term foreseeable future.  Burns cleaner than oil (which burns cleaner than the cleanest coal) and with giant reserves here in the USA and world wide.  Anything else is a fantasy...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leader said:

Only positive attribute of coal is its cheap and it's only preferable to those cashing in on its economic value and stupid people.

Well, being aggressively ignorant is glorified in some segments of the population so that isn't surprising unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

"We" have been doing to our seas?   China, Russia, Korea, Japan etc etc make us look like Greenpeace.  Love that floating nuclear station Russia is in the process of adding to the Arctic.  Now that's progress!

Nat gas is the only way to go in the near future, and long term foreseeable future.  Burns cleaner than oil (which burns cleaner than the cleanest coal) and with giant reserves here in the USA and world wide.  Anything else is a fantasy...

 

I read "we" as in everyone on the planet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×