This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

38 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

OH DO ME NEXT!

I get: Engagement rings, Mortgage loans and Shoes.

Do work fortune teller man.

I get cars, credit cards, and investment brokers ... when I open up this site in incognito mode without adblock after I remembered why I couldn't see these "ads" you were speaking of.

Caleb...You are 31 and live in a city, probably near a river in an apartment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I get cars, credit cards, and investment brokers ... when I open up this site in incognito mode without adblock after I remembered why I couldn't see these "ads" you were speaking of.

In addition to prostate ads, I’m also getting golf and underwear ads.  They’ve got my demographic nailed!

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

One of the tests we run in the lab is testing the flash point of asphalt.  To meet standard specifications for most states, the flash point has to be above 230.  It is usually between 280 and 330.  Yesterday I accidentally touched the side of the brass cup the asphalt sits in while we heat it.  It hurt. A lot.

My best burn ever happened at a seafood restaurant in New Orleans when I was about 15. You know how servers say, “Careful. The plate is hot.” This server should have said “Careful. The plate will brand you like a yearling steer!” The cast iron flat pan that my meal was served on must have come straight out of a 500 degree oven—as I reached in for a first taste of blackened snapper the underside of my forearm  rested on the pan’s handle.

The burnt skin sloughed off after a few days, leaving me with an interesting  burn scar that is still visible 45 years later. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Late 20s guy

We got a new wizard in the house.

7 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

You stopped being right after Caleb 😂. I'm sure Theresa Caputo doesnt always nail it either and she's got her own show.

8 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

My best burn ever happened at a seafood restaurant in New Orleans when I was about 15. You know how servers say, “Careful. The plate is hot.” This server should have said “Careful. The plate will brand you like a yearling steer!” The cast iron flat pan that my meal was served on must have come straight out of a 500 degree oven—as I reached in for a first taste of blackened snapper the underside of my forearm  rested on the pan’s handle.

The burnt skin sloughed off after a few days, leaving me with an interesting  burn scar that is still visible 45 years later. 

Got one for you.  Working as short order cook at a 24 hr truckstop.  Was 'toast guy' first day (reheated sausage and bacon in microwave and made toast) As the breakfast rush built up the tray I used for the bacon starts to fill with grease in the bottom.  Tipped the tray pulling it out once and the bacon grease spilled over and ran down my arm.  As it rolled down the inside of wrist the skin just rolled with it.  The grease was snapping and popping and about six inches of that thin skin went with it.  My quick thinking manager at the time got me to the back and started running cold water over it.  After she dried it off she sprayed it with.....Solarcaine (sunburn spray), big no-no. Passed out.  As luck would have it, that was the morning of Prom.  My date had to cut all my food for me, had to dance with my hand elevated or it would start to throb like a SOB.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

As it rolled down the inside of wrist the skin just rolled with it.  The grease was snapping and popping and about six inches of that thin skin went with it. 

Yai... it’s a wonder you didn’t need a skin graft. 

My fear of drowning is that I’d  spend a lot of conscious time thinking about what an idiot I am for having put myself in a drowning situation.

My fear of dying in a fire is that I’d survive. I can barely handle a third degree burn the size of a half dollar. 30% of my body? Shudder

10 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I doubt this one even leaves a mark on me.  It was quick exposure, and I just touched the metal, not the asphalt.  My hands have a lot of little burns where the asphalt has popped, kind of like bacon grease does.

My worst burn is from when I was 7 or 8.  My family was moving to Madison from Green Bay.  My mom, sister, and I were looking at houses.  One house had an annoying dog, so my sister and I were told to just stay in the car for that one.  Kids are being kids, we start messing with buttons in the car.  My sister pushes in the cigarette lighter, and it pops up when it is heated.  Neither of our parents smoke, so we have no idea what it is, my sister pulls out the lighter and drops it on the floor.  I picked it up, end-to-end so that my index finger was on the handle and my thumb was right on the element.  There is still a faint ring on the end of my thumb 30ish years later.  Somehow, I managed to deal with the pain long enough to put the lighter back in the charger before completely freaking out.  It hurt for days.

• Like 1

I burned myself as a 4 year old on the furnace in the basement, but my most recent burn was far funnier.

I was smoking a bowl with some friends outside and the flame from the lighter curved back around and got my thumb mid-hit...

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Got one for you.  Working as short order cook at a 24 hr truckstop.  Was 'toast guy' first day (reheated sausage and bacon in microwave and made toast) As the breakfast rush built up the tray I used for the bacon starts to fill with grease in the bottom.  Tipped the tray pulling it out once and the bacon grease spilled over and ran down my arm.  As it rolled down the inside of wrist the skin just rolled with it.  The grease was snapping and popping and about six inches of that thin skin went with it.  My quick thinking manager at the time got me to the back and started running cold water over it.  After she dried it off she sprayed it with.....Solarcaine (sunburn spray), big no-no. Passed out.  As luck would have it, that was the morning of Prom.  My date had to cut all my food for me, had to dance with my hand elevated or it would start to throb like a SOB.

Got a similar story - when I was in HS, I was a deep fry cook at KFC.  For the Original Recipe chicken, it's deep-fried in a pressure cooker at 450 degrees.  Before flipping the lid to open the fryer, you need to release the pressure for about 30 seconds before opening.  Well, we were in a heavy lunch rush and we needed chicken fast, so I flipped the lid open to soon and had 450 degree grease spray everywhere.  Had third degree burns on my arms, chest and legs.  Luckily, I shielded my face just in time.  Never felt so much pain in my entire life.