This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

6 hours ago, Leader said:

All of the baboons that run this city should have been behind bars a long time ago, but apparently some of them remain in office: 

Flint Water Crisis Worsens, City Spills 2 Million Gallons of Sewage Into Flint River. 

A couple points that should be fact checked before anyone takes my word as gospel:

1. Flint's water has been within acceptable federal regulations for like four years now. 

2. Flint isn't using the Flint River for their water source anymore. They're back on the Detroit Water System and have been for close to four years. I don't think dumping sewage into the Flint River is going to affect the drinking water at all.

3. Over the last four years, Flint has replaced something like 80% of the lead/galvanized lines leading into people's homes. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A couple points that should be fact checked before anyone takes my word as gospel:

1. Flint's water has been within acceptable federal regulations for like four years now. 

2. Flint isn't using the Flint River for their water source anymore. They're back on the Detroit Water System and have been for close to four years. I don't think dumping sewage into the Flint River is going to affect the drinking water at all.

3. Over the last four years, Flint has replaced something like 80% of the lead/galvanized lines leading into people's homes.

Good post. I hope its true. I cant say either.

Those people should still be put in jail. The consequences of their actions were known beforehand yet they chose to go forward with their "plans" - which were but a microcosm of the broader actions (inactions?) by our government regards a wide spectrum of environmental rollbacks - all motivated by bottom line thinking (and IMO the corruption associated with the removal of those safeguards / regulations).

10 hours ago, Leader said:

All of the baboons that run this city should have been behind bars a long time ago, but apparently some of them remain in office: 

Flint Water Crisis Worsens, City Spills 2 Million Gallons of Sewage Into Flint River. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I know live 30 minutes from Flint back in the nearby town where I grew up. The water problem in Flint is light years better but damage was still done. Flint has a ton of problems, mostly relating to a lack of job, industry, business. Flint is basically closed now, sadly. 

The water problem of 5 years ago if much better and if you are looking for some good that has come out of it. Michigan now has the highest water standard in the US. Here is a good article on the situation. 

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/does-flint-have-clean-water-yes-it-s-complicated 

Any car enthusiasts out there who can recommend a good full-sized sedan in the 2016-2019 range?  Looking to buy a new-used car soon in the $20,000 to $27,500 range.  Thanks in advance for your recommendations, experiences, or what you've read or know.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:51 AM, wgbeethree said:

One of my favorite things about this site is seeing people have absolutely insane and completely idiotic stances yet knowing they 100% actually believe them. 

Peanuts are emitting toxins as an evolutionary defense mechanism. They're tired of being eaten, and now they're fighting back.

20 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Any car enthusiasts out there who can recommend a good full-sized sedan in the 2016-2019 range?  Looking to buy a new-used car soon in the $20,000 to $27,500 range.  Thanks in advance for your recommendations, experiences, or what you've read or know.

5 series bmw.

I run a 335 and I'll be a bmw guy until I can't be a bmw guy.

i will probably end up at the Mason Lounge tomorrow night. They have jazz, and you can order a pizza next door and they'll walk it over.

I prefer Vintage (Whitney Way) to Great Dane, but neither blow me away. I actually think the breweries in Madison are subpar compared to the rest of the state. Rockhound is pretty bad overall IMO. Karben4 and Ale Asylum are both up on the east side or I'd hit them up more.

Le Tigre is quirky. I don't think i could be a regular there though.

Laurel Tavern has a damn nice burger and is more "working class" that I gravitate toward occasionally.

I haven't been in The Village Bar in forever...typing this reminds me I should again.

• Like 1