This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

15 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

My brother, a former mechanic who now runs a service department, just bought a diesel VW Sportwagon.  He's literally had first pick on every used car that has come into his dealership for the last three years so I'd assume that's a pretty good endorsement for them.

We loved our diesel Jetta Sportwagon. It was a 2013 TDI and it kicked ***, both on the mileage side and on the fun-to-drive side. When the emissions scandal happened, we opted to take the cash offer + bonus payout instead of installing the new software. But the car was definitely a winner, highly recommend it

10 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Wilde.

Okay, do tell.

I have a $50 voucher to go for a test ride there.

Not that I need a new vehicle, but I'm looking at Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiteds and Ram 1500 Limiteds.  

I'd love to hear what you got and how you got Wilde down.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I got an amazing deal on a certified pre-owned lexus RX450h from them ~5 years ago. Favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

Yeah buddy, that's the car I really want!  Kinda spendy for me, but I'm damn near ready to pull the trigger on one.

17 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Yeah buddy, that's the car I really want!  Kinda spendy for me, but I'm damn near ready to pull the trigger on one.

I had always thought it was too spendy for me as well, but I was shocked at the price they let it go for. I traded in a 4 door Tacoma with about 190k miles on it and they gave me a good bit more than I expected on that as well. Felt very good leaving the dealership that day. Paid in the low/mid 20s for it (before trade-in) and it had 50some thousand miles on it. It has about 150k on it now and still in fantastic condition.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Okay, do tell.

I have a $50 voucher to go for a test ride there.

Not that I need a new vehicle, but I'm looking at Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiteds and Ram 1500 Limiteds.  

I'd love to hear what you got and how you got Wilde down.

I got a bunch of quotes from dealerships on Facebook messenger from desperate sales people within a two hour drive based on my credit scores. Then went to the closest dealership that sold what I wanted.  Went in an hour before they closed on a Saturday. Test drove what I wanted. Sales dude CRUSHED it. Perfect.

Didn’t bring my co-signer. Said what the two credit scores were I’d be bringing to the table. Asked if they could get me in the car for the price Is been quoted lowest. Manager comes over, asks what the scores are, does the math with Finance. Says, it’s late, you got a deal. Shakes my hand. Perfect. Call in my co-signer, fill out credit applications. Chilling with Sales Bro, Finance guy comes over and tells me I need to prove my  previous auto loan was paid off. I tell him its being sold the next day. He says no problem, but they’ll need $1,000 to hold the car until Monday because it was the last day of their sale and something from the bank showing the debt of the other vehicle has been paid on Monday. No problem for me, I got the payment I wanted with only $1,000 down. We sit down to finalize, he confirms we got their best interest rate possible, but the price is 100$ more than the manager shook my hand on. I say no, we’re out of here, we aren’t anywhere close, I don’t want to waste your time because at that point it’s an hour past closing time. He says hold on, comes back 3 minutes later saying he’s got it down to only 60$ more than I agreed to with the manager. I tell him we’re not interested. He asks why. I said I’m positive I can’t afford those payments. He touched ONE key on his computer, turned the screen and shows me he’s got it down to 53$ more than the manager agreed to me with. I said no, it’s still more than I can afford. He says let me try one more thing. Comes back, it’s 6$ more than the manager shook my hand on. I say screw it, deal. We give them 1,000 to hold the car. Agree to finish paperwork Monday. Happy day.

Come back Monday with all my required documentation. Different finance guy say we can’t give you that deal anymore but we CAN let you drive off with this car for 210$ more than we said we would. I stated what was agreed upon Saturday and that they already took the deposit. He says okay let me get my manager. Different manager than previous visit. Different manager not only knows me, he’s my neighbor. I tell him what’s going on and he immediately began hooking me up with the deal the previous manager agreed to.

I hate car shopping.

Edited by ChaRisMa

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I got a bunch of quotes from dealerships on Facebook messenger from desperate sales people within a two hour drive based on my credit scores. Then went to the closest dealership that sold what I wanted.  Went in an hour before they closed on a Saturday. Test drove what I wanted. Sales dude CRUSHED it. Perfect. Didn’t bring my co-signer. Said what the two credit scores were I’d be bringing to the table. Asked if they could get me in the car for the price I wanted. Manager does the math with Finance. Says, it’s late, you got a deal. Shakes my hand. Perfect. Call in my co-signer, fill out credit applications. Chilling with Sales Bro, Finance guy comes over and tells me I need to prove my  previous auto loan was paid off. I tell him its being sold the next day. He says no problem, but they’ll need $1,000 to hold the car until Monday and something from the bank showing the debt has been paid on Monday. No problem. We sit down to finalize, he confirms we got their best interest rate possible, but the price is 100$ more than the manager shook my hand on. I say no, we’re out of here, we aren’t anywhere close, I don’t want to waste your time because at that point it’s an hour past closing time. He says hold on, comes back 3 minutes later saying he’s got it down to only 60$ more than I agreed to with the manager. I tell him we’re not interested. He asks why. I said I’m positive I can’t afford those payments. He touched ONE key on his computer, turned the screen and shows me he’s got it down to 53$ more than the manager agreed to me with. I said no, it’s still more than I can afford. He says let me try one more thing. Comes back, it’s 6$ more than the manager shook my hand on. I say screw it, deal. We give them 1,000 to hold the car. Agree to finish paperwork Monday. Happy day.

Come back Monday with all my required documentation. Different finance guy say we can’t give you that deal anymore but we CAN let you drive off with this car for 210$ more than we said we would. I stated what was agreed upon Saturday and that they already took the deposit. He says okay let me get my manager. Different manager than previous visit. Different manager not only knows me, he’s my neighbor. I tell him what’s going on and he immediately began hooking me up with the deal the previous manager agreed to.

I hate car shopping.

This is precisely why I think I'm going to buy my next car on Vroom or Carvanna.  No haggling, just ship me the damn car, LOL.