This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

well, at least his odds were better long term by always playing the same numbers!

The odds don’t care who plays what. If most people pick their own numbers then winners are more likely to have picked their own numbers. I only play quick pick because if I picked the same numbers every time I played and my numbers hit on a week I didn’t play it would re-wire my brain with a FML glitch. 

ESPN: A medical examiner in Texas has ruled that Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died from an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said in a report released Friday that Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone, along with alcohol, in his system.

"We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol," the statement said. "That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much.

"We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler's death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us."

14 hours ago, Leader said:

ESPN: A medical examiner in Texas has ruled that Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died from an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said in a report released Friday that Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone, along with alcohol, in his system.

"We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol," the statement said. "That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much.

"We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler's death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us."

1. Of course it was an OD. Young famous people in their 20s who work 1 day out of 5 don't die from anything other than drug overdoses and overdose induced behavior (and I'm including alcohol and DUI in this category)

2. Why try and ruin some random *** club house staffer's life on this? It was Skaggs that was hitting the dude up for the pills. And that's assuming it was a staffer that got them for him.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Of course it was an OD. Young famous people in their 20s who work 1 day out of 5 don't die from anything other than drug overdoses and overdose induced behavior (and I'm including alcohol and DUI in this category)

2. Why try and ruin some random *** club house staffer's life on this? It was Skaggs that was hitting the dude up for the pills. And that's assuming it was a staffer that got them for him.

Details of Skaggs getting the drugs is unclear at the moment, but given the inclusion of some detective, it appears some trail exists back to a LAA employee.

Question - whats the organization's liability in such a case?

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What do you want to talk about, how Charlie Strong is the worst coach in America?

Sure, lol.

What a **** show that was. 

In fairness, all these games right now kinda suck. I'm just bored as hell. Only thing mildly interesting is UNI playing ISU close. And ESPN acting like OMG LOOK AT LES MILES GO!! because they're beating Larry Bird State by 7.lol

Edited by Norm

Just now, Leader said:

Geee.....didnt realize how effective my post could be.

A couple days ago, in regards to Hurricane Dorian I commented: Go North. Go North. Go North......

And apparently its worked :)

Type Norm win the lottery 3 times please

Funny story about USF, over a decade ago now I guess it would be, they got annihilated in some bowl game and I'm working tech support on smart phones for a call center and this dude calls in and he has some issue but he needs his number changed too. He was the DC of USF and his number got put online so he was getting death threats and all sorts of that kind of bull****. Poor bastard. Looks like the guy is the DC of ISU now