This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Pace/Nagy 2020: I thought this team use to draft well, what happened? Now they’re cutting all there draft picks.

Aaron Nagler: Your GM traded up one spot to grab Trubisky with Mahomes still on the board. Sit down forever son.

I"m a huge fan of muscle cars.  Almost got a Dodge Demon, here is a write up concerning the Demon, which is hailed as the fastest production car out there.  

I"m seeing this...the Demon hasn't shown a top end speed because tires won't allow it.  But, 0 to 30 in one second.  0-60 in 2.3 seconds.  Quarter mile at 9.65 seconds.  And at that speed, it isn't legal to race.  Top end speed hasn't been disclosed as the tires won't allow for a true top end.  However, estimates are around 190 mph.

So 304 mph with some change?  Label me skeptical.  Those aren't "production" tires and it likely run the quarter mile under 9.99 seconds, which makes it no legal to race unless you have a competition license and extra safety equipment...which takes it out of "production" car territory.

However...OMG, 304 mph. 

And now...I want to purchase a Demon again...or at least a Hellcat.

Output is rated at 840 horsepower and 770 pound-feet of twist. That’s a 133-horsepower and 120-pound-foot increase over the Hellcat and makes the Demon the world’s most powerful factory-production V-8 car. Charging from 0 to 30 mph takes just one second, while the 60-mph mark is achieved in a mind-boggling 2.3 seconds, making the Demon quicker than supercars like the Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1, and Porsche 918 Spyder. Actually, it’s rather challenging to find a production supercar that’s at least as quick as the Demon. On the other hand, the 2.3-second benchmark is likely achieved with the radial tires and in Drag Mode, which makes it less relevant when compared to other street-legal vehicles.

Speaking of drag racing, the Challenger SRT Demon is also the fastest quarter-mile production car in the world with a 9.65-second run at 140 mph. Actually, it’s so fast that the National Hot Rod Association issued a ban for it. Specifically, the Demon is subject to NHRA’s regulations that say that a car that’s quicker than 9.99 seconds on the drag strip (at more than 135 mph) requires extra safety equipment and a racing license. So it’s not exactly a ban and you can drag race it, but as soon as you go below the 9.99-second mark, the NHRA will kindly ask you to bring a competition licence and add extra safety equipment to the Demon.

One of the big question marks is top speed. Dodge has yet to reveal what the Demon will do maxed out, but we can make a few assumptions. First, the Demon’s Nitto NT05R drag radials are rated at 168 mph, which means owners shouldn’t push beyond that when exploring the upper limits of velocity in the Demon. But assuming you get the right tires, it should be able to push beyond that number. However, thanks to increased drag from the wide body stance, large intake, and wider tires, plus shorter gearing, the Demon will most likely fall behind its Hellcat counterpart in a top speed run. We think 190 mph is about right.

Samuel B. Jackson, only the second African American chosen as one of Notre Dame's leprechaun mascots, has issued a plea for unity after his mere presence on the sideline was criticized. Jackson’s debut on Monday night as Notre Dame’s primary football mascot sparked social media backlash.

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Samuel B. Jackson, only the second African American chosen as one of Notre Dame's leprechaun mascots, has issued a plea for unity after his mere presence on the sideline was criticized. Jackson’s debut on Monday night as Notre Dame’s primary football mascot sparked social media backlash.

Me when I see that toolbag Portnoy having something "intelligent" to say about it

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

That sucks. He looked hyped the whole game. 

Which... ya know... is his job. But still.

Kid responded perfectly. Almost makes me want to pull for ND. 

57 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

That sucks. He looked hyped the whole game. Which... ya know... is his job. But still.
Kid responded perfectly. Almost makes me want to pull for ND. 

I didnt know/hear about it till today. I dont follow college football.
Dont know all the facts yet, but thought it an interesting story.