This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Laws are intended to curb behavior and protect the innocent. Now, bestiality is one of your fringe sexual practices - to say the least - but as such will probably always have a fringe amount of participants (regardless of penalty).

I have no qualms about it being considered a felony and if placement on a registry of some sort (as opposed to jail time for the kinky rancher who abuses his sheep on the back 40.....) serves as deterrent - fine.

Not sure where this one comes from:

Lets just say, we must troll different art houses.

I’ll admit to have worded that in an intentionally provocative way but I can also imagine a depiction of, say a political figure involved with a donkey or elephant being a good faith attempt to make a political statement. A crude and hacky one albeit but protections on such things shouldn’t be qualified on that basis. On a different note, someone posted a crude depiction of a man having sex with a bear in the week 1 GDT and no one (myself included) seemed to have a problem with that.

This will likely earn me an undesired reputation here but I studied philosophy of law and biomedical ethics (within which the field of animal ethics is contained). I’ve had this debate probably more often than most lol. My stance is that behavior harmful to animals (including sexual behavior) should be covered under animal abuse statutes. Where harm to another (person or animal) isn’t an issue, this reads as a public morality law, which is a category of law that I am generally suspect of. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

This will likely earn me an undesired reputation here but I studied philosophy of law and biomedical ethics (within which the field of animal ethics is contained). I’ve had this debate probably more often than most lol. My stance is that behavior harmful to animals (including sexual behavior) should be covered under animal abuse statutes. Where harm to another (person or animal) isn’t an issue, this reads as a public morality law, which is a category of law that I am generally suspect of. 

It would be a shame to think an educated opinion would be unwelcome here. That’s the squid go pro for allowing uneducated opinions. 

Edited by Uffdaswede

39 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I’ll admit to have worded that in an intentionally provocative way but I can also imagine a depiction of, say a political figure involved with a donkey or elephant being a good faith attempt to make a political statement. A crude and hacky one albeit but protections on such things shouldn’t be qualified on that basis. On a different note, someone posted a crude depiction of a man having sex with a bear in the week 1 GDT and no one (myself included) seemed to have a problem with that.

Nuanced views are always most welcome in my book!

1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I'd wondered if your initial comment was sarcastically put - but it was too subtle for me to tell - and lacked any emoticon or comment (sarcasm) to clue me in - so I responded to you as it read in black and white.

Not sure of the political references in the above comment and wont go there as its not binding on things IMO. Bestiality probably crosses party lines. Dont know that....but suspect so.

I'm not a hard *** when it comes to such things and I'm certainly not a moralist. I recognize human behavior has all sorts of nooks and crannies and accept it as such. 

If a local government deems this behavior unsuitable and passes regulations against it - not a problem for me. As said previously, laws are intended to curb (or affect) behavior and (ask me) this is one behavior that could use some curbing. Probably wont actually work though as its been going on for time immemorial and such "participants" (of the human variety....) are borderline deviant and non-conformists anyway. 

I didnt see the bear pic you reference - but wouldnt have been upset if I had and consider that a Moderator thing anyway.

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd wondered if your initial comment was sarcastically put - but it was too subtle for me to tell - and lacked any emoticon or comment (sarcasm) to clue me in - so I responded to you as it read in black and white.

Not sure of the political references in the above comment and wont go there as its not binding on things IMO. Bestiality probably crosses party lines. Dont know that....but suspect so.

I'm not a hard *** when it comes to such things and I'm certainly not a moralist. I recognize human behavior has all sorts of nooks and crannies and accept it as such. 

If a local government deems this behavior unsuitable and passes regulations against it - not a problem for me. As said previously, laws are intended to curb (or affect) behavior and (ask me) this is one behavior that could use some curbing. Probably wont actually work though as its been going on for time immemorial and such "participants" (of the human variety....) are borderline deviant and non-conformists anyway. 

I didnt see the bear pic you reference - but wouldnt have been upset if I had and consider that a Moderator thing anyway.

I didn't see it either, but I imagine it was something like this...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've had a recurring fever and awful night sweats for about 2 weeks now. About 4 days ago, an upper respiratory issue took hold now too.

How long do I have, men of footballs future?

(No I didn't kiss Sam Darnold)

Who was the guy that could cure all illnesses ever for 10 grand, should probably see if you can find him and write him a check.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've had a recurring fever and awful night sweats for about 2 weeks now. About 4 days ago, an upper respiratory issue took hold now too.

(No I didn't kiss Sam Darnold)

Good news!  Medical advances have prolonged the life expectancy of those living with HIV.  You should be fine amigo!

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How long do I have, men of footballs future? (No I didn't kiss Sam Darnold)

Two weeks? I trust you've seen a doctor and can give us the name of whatever antibiotic you've been prescribed.

Sounds like the flu (fever / sweats) but two weeks of that doesnt work for the flu.

36 minutes ago, Norm said:

Who was the guy that could cure all illnesses ever for 10 grand, should probably see if you can find him and write him a check.

No for real. Someone tell me or PM who that guy was. It's bothering me now I can't remember his ID

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

sounds like tuberculosis. or maybe malaria. definitely 3rd world kinda stuff
Probably picked up something nasty a few pages back. Norm warned you
Also - never take medical advice from a message board

I'm gonna prescribe you 3 hours of Packer Therapy on Sunday at noon LFT; that usually does the trick. Repeat as needed

And just to be safe - probably best if get your affairs in order

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norm said:

I had no idea we had so many Dolphins experts in our midst.

Shove this in your blowhole:

1. Nearly 40 species of dolphins swim the waters of the world. Most live in shallow areas of tropical and temperate oceans, and five species live in rivers.

2. Dolphins are carnivores. Fish, squid and crustaceans are included in their list of prey. A 260-pound dolphin eats about 33 pounds of fish a day.

3. Known for their playful behavior, dolphins are highly intelligent. They are as smart as apes, and the evolution of their larger brains is surprisingly similar to humans.

4. Dolphins are part of the family of whales that includes orcas and pilot whales. Killer whales are actually dolphins.

5. Dolphins are very social, living in groups that hunt and even play together. Large pods of dolphins can have 1,000 members or more.

6. Depending on the species, gestation takes nine to 17 months. After birth, dolphins are surprisingly maternal. They have been observed nestling and cuddling their young.

7. A dolphin calf nurses for up to two years. Calves stay with the mothers anywhere from three to eight years.

8. Dolphins have acute eyesight both in and out of the water. They hear frequencies 10 times the upper limit of adult humans. Their sense of touch is well-developed, but they have no sense of smell.

9. Dolphins have few natural enemies. Humans are their main threat. Pollution, fishing and hunting mean some dolphin species have an uncertain future. In 2006, the Yangtze River dolphin was named functionally extinct.

10. Because dolphins are mammals, they need to come to the surface of the water to breathe. Unlike land mammals that breathe and eat through their mouths, dolphins have separate holes for each task. Dolphins eat through their mouths and breathe through their blowholes. This prevents the dolphin from sucking up water into the lungs when hunting, reducing the risk of drowning.

• Like 2