This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Traveling to New Orleans for a week-long business tomorrow.  Any advice on must see things to do and eat while I’m there?  Might check out a haunted tour just for kicks.

When the people who look like you stop hanging around the french quarter, it's time to go back to the hotel

• Like 2

On 10/20/2019 at 4:38 PM, Sasquatch said:

Traveling to New Orleans for a week-long business tomorrow.  Any advice on must see things to do and eat while I’m there?  Might check out a haunted tour just for kicks.

Last time in Nawlins was St Patricks last year.  Had a blast on Bourbon street, but we had to throw our shoes away before we left town.  Could not get that 'morning after' smell off of them.  A blessed mix of hurricane and horse pi**. Nothing like it in the world.

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I live in Central PA but, as I've mentioned before, I travel for work. North Jersey is one of the most segregated parts of the country. Bergen County is REALLY bad...

The South made segregation a formal legality. The North legislated it without using the terminology...

Edited by Joe

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I live in Central PA but, as I've mentioned before, I travel for work. North Jersey is one of the most segregated parts of the country. Bergen County is REALLY bad...

The South made segregation a formal legality. The North legislated it without using the terminology...

Tripe. Complete garbage and one sided. Shouldn't be in this forum.

12 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Tripe. Complete garbage and one sided. Shouldn't be in this forum.

Maybe if you traveled more often, you'd have a better understanding of how our country functions. It's not my favorite topic, but you have to be aware of it.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Maybe if you traveled more often, you'd have a better understanding of how our country functions. It's not my favorite topic, but you have to be aware of it.

It's obvious you haven't a clue regarding my travel.  Why do you make assumptions with no knowledge?   

Please read your sentence again.  I am quite certain you could use it as advice for yourself.   To pretend that article had any value above pure partisan fluff for the gullible means you aren't really understanding how things function. 

It doesn't belong on a football message board.

13 hours ago, hitnhope said:

It's obvious you haven't a clue regarding my travel.  Why do you make assumptions with no knowledge?   

Please read your sentence again.  I am quite certain you could use it as advice for yourself.   To pretend that article had any value above pure partisan fluff for the gullible means you aren't really understanding how things function. 

It doesn't belong on a football message board.

....have you ever been to Milwaukee? lol

59 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

....have you ever been to Milwaukee? lol

Lived there for a long time.   Not sure where you live if you think that was a decent story.

Have you ever read a story that ignores any fact,   pardons peoples roles in how there life proceeds,  ignores the real options available and pitches an agenda and concluded that it was a one sided piece of garbage column?   Ever hear of the concept of personal accountability?   Obviously the author, and others noted in this story see it as a foreign idea.

That article was some of the worst journalism ever put to print.   No balance whatsoever.

It also doesn't belong in a football forum.   It really belonged in the trash along with other rejected stories.

6 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Lived there for a long time.   Not sure where you live if you think that was a decent story.

Have you ever read a story that ignores any fact,   pardons peoples roles in how there life proceeds,  ignores the real options available and pitches an agenda and concluded that it was a one sided piece of garbage column?   Ever hear of the concept of personal accountability?   Obviously the author, and others noted in this story see it as a foreign idea.

That article was some of the worst journalism ever put to print.   No balance whatsoever.

It also doesn't belong in a football forum.   It really belonged in the trash along with other rejected stories.

giphy.gif

I lived there for a while as well in some of the areas mentioned so I'm going to have to disagree with your take. Politely, of course.

Edited by Fl0nkerton

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

giphy.gif

I lived there for a while as well in some of the areas mentioned so I'm going to have to disagree with your take.

I grew up in that area.   Very close to the Globe union plant.

It is depressed.  This article glosses over why.  It makes no mention of efforts to fix things, or potential actions.  

it mentions all the personal problems of the people in the article and excuses them.   It ignores their responsibility in the matter. 

It puts out things like voter suppression as factual rather then being honest about the subject.   The black vote was down from 2012 to 2016 because Obama wasn't running,  not because of voter suppression.

I'll stick with my take.  Don't much trust yours if you think this article was anything of substance.   It is a partisan fluff garbage article that makes people dumber for having read it, especially if they put ANY stock into its contents.   

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I grew up in that area.   Very close to the Globe union plant.

It is depressed.  This article glosses over why.  It makes no mention of efforts to fix things, or potential actions.  

it mentions all the personal problems of the people in the article and excuses them.   It ignores their responsibility in the matter. 

It puts out things like voter suppression as factual rather then being honest about the subject.   The black vote was down from 2012 to 2016 because Obama wasn't running,  not because of voter suppression.

I'll stick with my take.  Don't much trust yours if you think this article was anything of substance.   It is a partisan fluff garbage article that makes people dumber for having read it, especially if they put ANY stock into its contents.   

No need to be condescending, Just trying to have a dialogue. 

I mean it was shining a light on the segregation of Milwaukee mostly, I think. You disagree with that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

No need to be condescending, Just trying to have a dialogue. 

I mean it was shining a light on the segregation of Milwaukee mostly, I think. You disagree with that?

I don't think it was shining a light on segregation.   The red lining tactics back when were mentioned in a couple paragraphs.  it then went on to talk about a number of issues in a one sided and quite frankly poorly investigated and understood fashion.  

Articles like that solve nothing.   They hurt far more than they do anything to solve any problems.   Excusing people for their part in criminal activities and waving off any consequences is not helpful.   Did it investigate the quality of life of those from that neighborhood who stayed out of trouble?  How they fare long term vs. those who did stupid things like steal credit cards and use them?    Investigate the consequences of those who violate parole vs. those who don't?

It didn't get into the Jobs problem in any meaningful way, causes or fixes.   It didn't address anything other than possible shed a little light on the fact that living in the inner city can be tough.    I think almost everyone already understands that.

It was a series of comments with a political agenda that did nothing to help the situation.   It is the type of article that makes the divide between people  larger.