This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

I'm not from an English speaking country, but perhaps that Arch comes from "archive" and the name's been reduced from RetroArchive to RetroArch for branding purposes.

You know, I bet that's exactly what it is short for. Good call.

Good news.....

CNN: Cigarette smoking among US adults fell to its lowest recorded level in 2018: 13.7%, according to a report from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That represents a drop of roughly two-thirds since the CDC started collecting the data in 1965.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good news.....

CNN: Cigarette smoking among US adults fell to its lowest recorded level in 2018: 13.7%, according to a report from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That represents a drop of roughly two-thirds since the CDC started collecting the data in 1965.

Yes... but didn’t the CDC come out about how vaping is like out of control with young people (high schoolers and college students)? Like in a calendar year it doubled.

Also with marijuana getting legalized in more states... that’s causing the decrease too.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Yes... but didn’t the CDC come out about how vaping is like out of control with young people (high schoolers and college students)? Like in a calendar year it doubled. Also with marijuana getting legalized in more states... that’s causing the decrease too.

WelI, its not universal "all's well" info - just (what I consider to be.....) a good development regards cigarette smokers.

Dont know the vaping stats in terms of usage or demographics. I've never done it but I imagine some cigarette smokers "kicked the habit" (or told themselves they had) by switching over to vaping. 

Also dont know about the marijuana data other than to say when I quit smoking cigarettes I also stopped with the weed. The latter was nowhere near the cigarette usage but I wanted to break the behavioral patterns associated with smoking entirely. What others are doing.....no can say.

21 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If this was in the midwest, I would seriously consider going.  

I have business in Newport next week. Really thinking about sticking around and air b-n-b'ing it in Providence.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I have business in Newport next week. Really thinking about sticking around and air b-n-b'ing it in Providence.

I have watched a lot of those rough n rowdy fights on youtube.  I love it.  I love boxing, and this is some of the worst examples of boxing that you will see.  But it looks like a lot of fun.  Have a couple of drinks, watch some rednecks beat the hell out of each other for like $100, and have a good time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Yup. Probably: "The Crime of the century!" - his being found guilty on all seven counts.

Considering that Jones has claimed multiple times on air that he instructed Stone to contact Assange as a condition of his employment at Infowars and Jones has spent the last week trying to doxx jurors is also not a great look