This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

This isn't 1995, there are other ways to consume information but when you defend Roger Stone and chant "Lock her up" you are telling on yourself.

Where in the hell did I say I defend Stone and Lock her up?  Get off your high horse and quit assuming cuz it's telling. 

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Where in the hell did I say I defend Stone and Lock her up?  Get off your high horse and quit assuming cuz it's telling. 

Huh, lol? Not about you, it was in regards to @Golfman comments which started this whole discussion. 

Edited by TheBitzMan

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Dubz41, Problem being, who and what do you really believe anymore?   Putting anybody in the arrogance/hate and fear category because who they favor is at the very least ignorant.   I occasionally watch Fox and a little CNN and neither make me arrogant and I'm certainly not full of hate and fear.  Just an absolutely ridiculous way to represent either.  That may be your opinion but don't paint everybody with the same brush. 

Coach, you're out thinking yourself here.  It's not about who they favor, it's about HOW they go about their business. I didn't put any ONE in either, I just pointed out the style in which they operate.  I guess I should have used a colon or dash, sorry. 

8 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Coach, you're out thinking yourself here.  It's not about who they favor, it's about HOW they go about their business. I didn't put any ONE in either, I just pointed out the style in which they operate.  I guess I should have used a colon or dash, sorry. 

Fair enough .. 

I have been watching Zodiac Killer videos again.  I am starting to think that the codes are just nonsense.  The first one was solved very quickly.  And when it was solved, it (mostly) made sense.  The rest of the codes have been poked at for 50 years and only people who conveniently are selling something scratch out some gibberish, incoherent word salad solutions.

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have been watching Zodiac Killer videos again.  I am starting to think that the codes are just nonsense.  The first one was solved very quickly.  And when it was solved, it (mostly) made sense.  The rest of the codes have been poked at for 50 years and only people who conveniently are selling something scratch out some gibberish, incoherent word salad solutions.

yeah I suspect as much. Even the first one contains a nonsense passage under the accepted interpretation. A fair amount of communications attributed to the Zodiac  are more along the lines of attention grabs/fear-stoking/trolling than legitimate threats that were actually followed up on and it wouldn't surprise me if the later cyphers were too. If they are real, I'd expect them to be solved in the next few years, given the amount of computing power that's readily available these days.

2 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

yeah I suspect as much. Even the first one contains a nonsense passage under the accepted interpretation. A fair amount of communications attributed to the Zodiac  are more along the lines of attention grabs/fear-stoking/trolling than legitimate threats that were actually followed up on and it wouldn't surprise me if the later cyphers were too. If they are real, I'd expect them to be solved in the next few years, given the amount of computing power that's readily available these days.

I watched the show from the History channel.  They put up 5 episodes on youtube.  I don't know if there are more episodes.  I liked a lot of it, though they padded stuff out and made it unnecessarily dramatic in parts.  They identified two strong suspects that were in the area and a few other possible connected cases, that was very interesting.  But when looking for the extra stuff from the codes and letters, it seemed to all be a wild goose chase.  They found what they thought was where Zodiac said he buried some bombs.  They also figured out a bunch of clues where a murder victim was supposed to be buried.  In both places, they found the same exact thing when they dug into the ground, more dirt.  They had "a super computer that thinks just like the killer" working on the code.  It found less than the dirt.  Finally one of the guys also working on the encryption found a partial message, but it didn't make much sense, and was only viable for a few lines in the code.

I think whomever was writing the letters and codes was just messing with people.  At the end of one of the coded messages there is a distinct part that looks like the word "Zodiac" but with some symbols and maybe a k instead of a c.  I will put my name in my next code.  The guy also said "this is the zodiac" to address every letter written in English.  Whether or not the author committed some or all of the crimes, I don't know.  But I think the "clues" were all there to interfere with the investigations, and also helped to sell a lot of newspapers.