This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Here's a fairly simple and obvious take on this Peleton commercial.......

The woman wanted one  -  for whatever reason. It''s irrelevant. She wanted one
Her husband got her one - for obvious reasons.

Everybody was happy.

She experienced the drudgery, chore and necessary dedication to actually use it. 
Her dedication was rewarded when she achieved whatever personal goal(s) she had that led her to wanting one to begin with. 

Everybody is happy.

Done.

All's well with the world.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Everybody was happy.

She experienced the drudgery, chore and necessary dedication to actually use it. 
Her dedication was rewarded when she achieved whatever personal goal(s) she had that led her to wanting one to begin with. 

Everybody is happy.

Done.

On the news report I watched last night, your description above is more or less exactly what Peleton was hoping to convey.  Understandly, they're quite confused and concerned by the public's "misinterpretation" of their advertisement.

In related news, Peleton has announced they'll never air another commercial ever again, lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

On the news report I watched last night, your description above is more or less exactly what Peleton was hoping to convey.  Understandly, they're quite confused and concerned by the public's "misinterpretation" of their advertisement. In related news, Peleton has announced they'll never air another commercial ever again, lol.

Again - its the faux outrage machine of social media.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

In response to @AlexGreen#20 question about the economic impact (up or down) as a result of this ad:  Peloton stock is down 10%, and business analysts attribute the sudden drop to the commercial.  

As for me, there's now way in he11 I'd be influenced to buy or not buy this bike based upon that commercial. Then again, I'm looking at cost vs performance and quality, etc.  I'm somewhat dumbstruck by the folks who've decided to make this commercial an issue.

Commercial wouldn't impact my decision either, but I'm just too cheap regardless and would ride my regular bike outside or go for a run instead of spending 3k on a indoor bike.

36 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What I took from the Peleton commercial is a furthering of the belief that some people have entirely too much time on their hands to actively find things to be outraged about.

I kept putting off a reply here but kinda this. I GET what there was to be mad about, what blows my mind is how big it got nationally. It was on my freaking local 6 o clock news, which is what prompted all of this.

It is pretty interesting how much there is to break down inside that 30 seconds though, like AG did. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Everybody was happy.

Everybody is happy.

Done.

Not to go on and on, but iirc she never said she wanted one and it was a surprise was my understanding. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Not to go on and on, but iirc she never said she wanted one and it was a surprise was my understanding. 

It's a commercial. Not a novel. The "set up" of why she was happy - i.e. the reason she wanted one - didnt need to be provided in a 30 sec commercial. Some things can be taken at face value. Regardless, she was happy when it was received. No "You dont think I'm too fat do you?" questioning - which reinforces the simple assumption she wanted one. Done. Easy. No rancor. No "issues." Just a simple GIFT!

14 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Commercial wouldn't impact my decision either, but I'm just too cheap regardless and would ride my regular bike outside or go for a run instead of spending 3k on a indoor bike.

I've got a great treadmill. Couldnt tell you what it cost - but 2300-3000.00 it wasnt - and - just as depicted in this commercial have experienced the first thing in the morning "workout blues" of getting up to put miles in before work - plus the benefit of feeling and looking better as a consequence.

The commercial made all kinds of sense to me. It had a positive outlook and outcome. Imagine that. Who'da thunk it? All these other "factors" were nonexistent. I just dont happen to be in the market for the product.

Trail biking, 5ks and the gym round out my "keepin it lively" agenda. 

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's a commercial. Not a novel. The "set up" of why she was happy - i.e. the reason she wanted one - didnt need to be provided in a 30 sec commercial. Some things can be taken at face value. Regardless, she was happy when it was received. No "You dont think I'm too fat do you?" questioning - which reinforces the simple assumption she wanted one. Done. Easy. No rancor. No "issues." Just a simple GIFT!

I'm not arguing with you. I just swore the implication it wasn't something she asked for. 

I would never in a million years by the old lady some sort of exercise equipment unprompted. But maybe I'm just remembering it all wrong.

I'm the one who started this all with 'okay what the hell is the big deal.'

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not arguing with you. I just swore the implication it wasn't something she asked for. I would never in a million years by the old lady some sort of exercise equipment unprompted. But maybe I'm just remembering it all wrong. I'm the one who started this all with 'okay what the hell is the big deal.'

Exactly. Nobody who valued his marriage would....unless he was a self absorbed nitwit. 
Not a problem. You didnt start anything. It's been all over social media for days.
Luckily I'd seen the commercial before the nit-pickers started picking it apart.
That faux dissension is a problem in this society. We cant take the obvious for what it is - obvious. Common sense. Simple.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've got a great treadmill. Couldnt tell you what it cost - but 2300-3000.00 it wasnt - and - just as depicted in this commercial have experienced the first thing in the morning "workout blues" of getting up to put miles in before work - plus the benefit of feeling and looking better as a consequence.

The commercial made all kinds of sense to me. It had a positive outlook and outcome. Imagine that. Who'da thunk it? All these other "factors" were nonexistent. I just dont happen to be in the market for the product.

Trail biking, 5ks and the gym round out my "keepin it lively" agenda. 

I just prefer to run outside.

only indoor workouts I do Is pumping iron 

• Like 1