This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

No seriously, this is super ******* accurate. It's unreal how trivial and stupid the **** they put on there. I don't watch it but it's always on at the bar. 

The shoveling driveway thing is just so on point lol. Every damn day it seems like. 

It's ridiculous but there's nothing that doesn't offend people anymore. I got my girlfriend new Nikes, gym bag and a yoga mat last year because she goes to the gym after work every weekday and I noticed her equipment was older and wearing out. She probably should've dumped me for fat shaming her.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's ridiculous but there's nothing that doesn't offend people anymore. I got my girlfriend new Nikes, gym bag and a yoga mat last year because she goes to the gym after work every weekday and I noticed her equipment was older and wearing out. She probably should've dumped me for fat shaming her.

That really doesn't seem bad. 

My boss bought her l his wife a new exercise bike last year, she had one but it was old and he found a good deal and she went absolutely off on him when we brought it home. It was pretty ******* hilarious though

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Literally see my post above.

"Oh some people are running in the snow over there, go interview them and we'll lead with that." This is how you make news in places where no news happens. Lol.

Haha true. But I think this one was actually In Portland and they were on a date and later broke up IIRC, which makes it even better 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

So do I. By far. The treadmill is what it is....forced exercise fit in when broader opportunity cant be taken advantage of (read: crack of dawn). I do bunch of stuff at the gym. Machines, core classes and what they call body pump: free weights (I use a straight bar as opposed to dumbbells) in an aerobic setting. I'm not interested in mass anymore. Just tightness, definition and strength.

I’m still after mass/Strength. But not the fat bulk kind ( no offense to those that are it’s cool)

Purchased a home gym last week. May be one of my best purchases I’ve ever made. No more going to the gym and waiting on other people etc. figure I will pay it off in like a year and a half worth of gym memberships anyway 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m still after mass/Strength. But not the fat bulk kind ( no offense to those that are it’s cool).  Purchased a home gym last week. May be one of my best purchases I’ve ever made. No more going to the gym and waiting on other people etc. figure I will pay it off in like a year and a half worth of gym memberships anyway 

Oh I'm humping some good weight. I load the bar up pretty good and dont worry about keeping up with the pace driven by the music / trainer. I'm just not doing any major weight on squats or heavy bench work anymore. 

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

I'm guessing Peleton is loving every body talking about them for the last 3 days.  While I don't think "there is no such thing as bad publicity", this is so trivial that I think it can only help them.

Their stock is down 10% since the commercial aired, driven down by the easily offended.  I’m sure it’ll be back up next week.

Edited by Sasquatch

14 hours ago, Norm said:

I kept putting off a reply here but kinda this. I GET what there was to be mad about, what blows my mind is how big it got nationally. It was on my freaking local 6 o clock news, which is what prompted all of this.

It is pretty interesting how much there is to break down inside that 30 seconds though, like AG did. 

Try Internationally.

It has been discussed to death on numerous Radio and TV channels all week this side of the Pond too.

And let’s face it, we have bigger fish to fry too with the Brexit Election coming up next Thursday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Why?

They both had stupid *** made up baby making contest names that suck when you're an adult. Names that are only designed for the parent's (Facebook) friends to go "awwww cute!!"

The one dude wasn't just going to be a lawyer but a HEALTHCARE lawyer, okay, thanks for all the deets.

She needed tuition so she could "give back to low income minority families." Lol. What.

Then you have the fact they play basketball with footballs. I know it's WAY more effective but I think they should adjust it to be more footbally. I get why it's fine though. 

None of this was a big deal yet got me fired up.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

They both had stupid *** made up baby making contest names that suck when you're an adult. Names that are only designed for the parent's (Facebook) friends to go "awwww cute!!"

The one dude wasn't just going to be a lawyer but a HEALTHCARE lawyer, okay, thanks for all the deets.

She needed tuition so she could "give back to low income minority families." Lol. What.

Then you have the fact they play basketball with footballs. I know it's WAY more effective but I think they should adjust it to be more footbally. I get why it's fine though. 

It was a commercial for Dr. Pepper? Like - the soda Dr. Pepper? :)

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Well, they sure did signal their virtue.