This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Just now, incognito_man said:

College football is over for me as soon as UW loses a game. Then I don't care anymore about any of it ha

So for you it is Schrodinger's college football season? 

You know that even though the season is being played, at some point a random event will occur to end the season so it has superposition of an ongoing season and a season that has ended?

7 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

quantum physics in this forum............cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

Personally, I like Niels Bohr's take on the 'Copenhagen Interpretation', while the 'Many Worlds' interpretation seems like bunk.

I probably am more in the many words interpretation when it comes to Badger football.  Part of me knew the season was over with the loss to Illinois, but another part of me thought they could still be alive if they won out.

Got a lot of holiday downtime to burn, and my plan is to be as lazy as possible - like, horizontal on the couch lazy.  Planning to burn through four seasons of The Expanse, The Mandalorian, The Witcher, The Aeronauts.  That’s the first week.  Any other Netflix or Prime movies/series I need to be checking out?

And for the record, I saw Rise of the Skywalker last night and I was entertained, and sad that the Skywalker saga of the Star Wars franchise is over.  It’s been a marvelous 42 year ride!  I remember seeing the first movie in 1977 with my dad when I was just a little shaver - blew my mind back then.  

12 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Got a lot of holiday downtime to burn, and my plan is to be as lazy as possible - like, horizontal on the couch lazy.  Planning to burn through four seasons of The Expanse, The Mandalorian, The Witcher, The Aeronauts.  That’s the first week.  Any other Netflix or Prime movies/series I need to be checking out?

And for the record, I saw Rise of the Skywalker last night and I was entertained, and sad that the Skywalker saga of the Star Wars franchise is over.  It’s been a marvelous 42 year ride!  I remember seeing the first movie in 1977 with my dad when I was just a little shaver - blew my mind back then.  

The Terror is on AMC and it is a top 3 season of television all-time for me.  Can’t recommend the second season since I haven’t seen it and it’s not related to the first, but the first season definitely.  

40 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Terror is on AMC and it is a top 3 season of television all-time for me.  Can’t recommend the second season since I haven’t seen it and it’s not related to the first, but the first season definitely.  

I liked the first season of The Terror better than the second, but the second season was also historically interesting and entertaining.  

I'm not a Star Wars guy.  I saw the first three a lot as a kid.  I had a kids book of Empire Strikes Back, and I watched Return of the Jedi quite a few times.  I saw Episode 1 in the theater.  I saw either the second or third one on DVD. 

I have watched the new ones from Disney when they were available to stream.  To me they were just so-so films with really good music.  I kind of like the wannabe Darth Vader guy, and Mary Sue is pretty.  I don't really care about fake Han Solo, the black guy, or the asian girl.  When they killed giant Gollum, it was supposed to be this big moment, but it turned out pretty comical because I didn't think he was a threat the way I did with Darth Vader or the Emperor in the first movies, and he went out like a little *****.  I am also disappointed that Brienne of Tarth constantly gets her *** kicked by the black dude because he couldn't even cut it as a regular soldier.  I absolutely hated Admiral Gender Studies degree in the last one.  I also didn't get what was up with Luke Skywalker.  

That all said, I think the preview looks good for the final movie.  I will wait until I can rent it and watch at home, but I kind of want to see it.  I imagine that it will be a lot like the other movies where I watch it, and think, "that was fun." and go about my life.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm not a Star Wars guy.  I saw the first three a lot as a kid.  I had a kids book of Empire Strikes Back, and I watched Return of the Jedi quite a few times.  I saw Episode 1 in the theater.  I saw either the second or third one on DVD. 

I have watched the new ones from Disney when they were available to stream.  To me they were just so-so films with really good music.  I kind of like the wannabe Darth Vader guy, and Mary Sue is pretty.  I don't really care about fake Han Solo, the black guy, or the asian girl.  When they killed giant Gollum, it was supposed to be this big moment, but it turned out pretty comical because I didn't think he was a threat the way I did with Darth Vader or the Emperor in the first movies, and he went out like a little *****.  I am also disappointed that Brienne of Tarth constantly gets her *** kicked by the black dude because he couldn't even cut it as a regular soldier.  I absolutely hated Admiral Gender Studies degree in the last one.  I also didn't get what was up with Luke Skywalker.  

That all said, I think the preview looks good for the final movie.  I will wait until I can rent it and watch at home, but I kind of want to see it.  I imagine that it will be a lot like the other movies where I watch it, and think, "that was fun." and go about my life.  

I watched it last night at the theatre with two of my buddies that are much more hard-core Star Wars fan than me.  We’re talking strict followers of SW cannon.  Kind of hard to enjoy a movie when your buddies are comparing the movie to cannon, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.