This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

If you’re in a place that hasn’t been hit with COVID19 yet and you need hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes, now would be the time to get it. We had our first case reported last week and by Friday every target or walmart that I tried in the city was completely sold out. If you can’t find any, try gas stations or convenience stores. As far as food and other supplies, you could tell shelves were a little barer than usual but they still had plenty of stock available. 

4 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

As far as food and other supplies, you could tell shelves were a little barer than usual but they still had plenty of stock available. 

Approximately 80 % of the active ingredients in our medicines are manufactured in China, so its a fair guess that there will be some spot shortages -  especially if you are taking generics. Both the pharma companies and the mfgs have stockpiles for these type of events, but I'd advocate grabbing a 60 - 90 day supply now before the rest of the world does the same. Supply chains are definitely strained on the pharma side

13 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Approximately 80 % of the active ingredients in our medicines are manufactured in China, so its a fair guess that there will be some spot shortages -  especially if you are taking generics. Both the pharma companies and the mfgs have stockpiles for these type of events, but I'd advocate grabbing a 60 - 90 day supply now before the rest of the world does the same. Supply chains are definitely strained on the pharma side

Time to bring more mfg back here again then depend on China to supply so many essential goods for us.   To depend on China producing enough certain items to "save" us is bordering on dangerous.  Self reliance isn't the worst thing in the world any more.

56 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

If you’re in a place that hasn’t been hit with COVID19 yet and you need hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes, now would be the time to get it. We had our first case reported last week and by Friday every target or walmart that I tried in the city was completely sold out. If you can’t find any, try gas stations or convenience stores. As far as food and other supplies, you could tell shelves were a little barer than usual but they still had plenty of stock available. 

I will take my 98% chance over spending 100 dollars on emergency supplies.

Will be getting myself some more milk though.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 5:48 AM, Leader said:

Judge Judy's next season will be her last. She sold old episodes to CBS for 100 Million and will be paid another 47 million for her last season. She is going to be on a new show called Judy Justice   :)

Saw a news show sayin g she was heavily campaign for either bernie or biden and if they were elected, they would nominate her as supreme court justiceO.o

43 minutes ago, Ripline said:

Saw a news show sayin g she was heavily campaign for either bernie or biden and if they were elected, they would nominate her as supreme court justiceO.o

I’d say there is no way this is possibly true but I’ve learned better than that

Edited by Cakeshoppe

1 hour ago, Ripline said:

She's been in (and has been making appearances) for Bloomberg from the beginning.
She's 77y/o. Nobody's going to be nominating someone that old to SCOTUS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

She's been in (and has been making appearances) for Bloomberg from the beginning.
She's 77y/o. Nobody's going to be nominating someone that old to SCOTUS.

If you’re willing to nominate a small claims arbitrator whose last experience at the real bench was as a family court judge in 1996, I’m not sure age really matters. 

Edited by Cakeshoppe

1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

If you’re willing to nominate a small claims arbitrator whose last experience at the real bench was as a family court judge in 1996, I’m not sure age really matters. 

I'm not sure who you're referring to, but yes - age matters.
People who are going to be around awhile are the ones that get nominated.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm not sure who you're referring to, but yes - age matters.
People who are going to be around awhile are the ones that get nominated.

No idea how the USA operates but my brother is a magistrate and has to stand down at 70 years old, although due to a shortage here the government is currently looking to up the age cap by a couple of years.

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

No idea how the USA operates but my brother is a magistrate and has to stand down at 70 years old, although due to a shortage here the government is currently looking to up the age cap by a couple of years.

Here you can stay till you die.