This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

20 hours ago, Leader said:

Were the people reporting it actually attacked - and therefore were missing eyes or tongues - or they'd just witnessed others attacked this way and had somehow escaped to tell the tale?  :)

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/12/28/dyatlov-pass-incident/

This is the main incident that could have been attributed to a Yeti.  There is a picture of it on the student's cameras.  And they tore some holes in their tent to watch the woods at night.  Interesting and unnerving read.

There are some documentaries around that attack, I watched one this weekend.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/12/28/dyatlov-pass-incident/

This is the main incident that could have been attributed to a Yeti.  There is a picture of it on the student's cameras.  And they tore some holes in their tent to watch the woods at night.  Interesting and unnerving read.

There are some documentaries around that attack, I watched one this weekend.  

I saw the documentary about this incident and it’s definitely chilling.  Highly doubtful it was an Avalanche- there would be nothing left of the tent, and they don’t tear out tongues.  Could’ve been KGB, but that’s very unlikely behavior considering these were just students on an innocuous backcountry experience.  The crushing of their bodies suggests something or some creature very large, so possibly a bear, but the chilling photo captured by one of the victims clearly shows a bi-pedal upright being that looks more human like.  Just a crazy story that unfortunately will most likely never be solved.

So with Wisconsin "shutting down" (I work in mfg and no one is closing, which is good) can anyone with the time and knowledge to read the governor's order answer a simple question for me: If I'm by myself or with one other person, can I still golf or fish? Because I'm going to lol just need to come up with my excuse now if that's for some stupid reason not allowed.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So with Wisconsin "shutting down" (I work in mfg and no one is closing, which is good) can anyone with the time and knowledge to read the governor's order answer a simple question for me: If I'm by myself or with one other person, can I still golf or fish? Because I'm going to lol just need to come up with my excuse now if that's for some stupid reason not allowed.

In other states that have locked down, you’ve generally still been allowed to go outside and get exercise as long as you are by yourself and not congregating with other people. It’s also worth noting that enforcement is almost entirely nonexistent on the individual side. Usually what enforcement there is is enforcing that businesses close down or “soft enforcement” through closing down parking lots, etc. 

I’ve only actually read the orders in CA but they’ve been pretty much the same in substance as other states from what it looks like

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

I got a fat commission check at work today and I can't even go drink any of it away anywhere. 

Come on over Norm, Bar Shanedorf is always open.
I'll cash the check for you AND nobody will take your barstool when you step out for a smoke

1491593582153.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Come on over Norm, Bar Shanedorf is always open.
I'll cash the check for you AND nobody will take your barstool when you step out for a smoke

1491593582153.jpeg

Honestly swim up bars are fantastic.

Until someone pukes in the pool.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Golf - will depend on the business / course. If they're ordered to shut down....they'll shut down - which varies by state and city governments. Fishing - find a stream, take a pole and you've got it covered.

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Fishing - find a stream, take a pole and you've got it covered.

Is there no close season for freshwater fish in America ?

In England you cannot fish rivers/streams etc from 15 March to  15 June (to give fish time to breed without pressure).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Is there no close season for freshwater fish in America? In England you cannot fish rivers/streams etc from 15 March to  15 June (to give fish time to breed without pressure).

Not that I'm aware of or ever encountered.

Besides.....it's Spring and Summer's right around the corner....in other words "fishing season" - especially in the Frozen North :)

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I saw the documentary about this incident and it’s definitely chilling.  Highly doubtful it was an Avalanche- there would be nothing left of the tent, and they don’t tear out tongues.  Could’ve been KGB, but that’s very unlikely behavior considering these were just students on an innocuous backcountry experience.  The crushing of their bodies suggests something or some creature very large, so possibly a bear, but the chilling photo captured by one of the victims clearly shows a bi-pedal upright being that looks more human like.  Just a crazy story that unfortunately will most likely never be solved.

It's my favorite unsolved mystery. I was obsessed with this years back ha 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

It was Chewbacca. They found him and captured him in the early 1970's and in order for him to lie low, they cleaned him up and cast him in Star Wars to hide his identity...