This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

8 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I saw the documentary about this incident and it’s definitely chilling.  Highly doubtful it was an Avalanche- there would be nothing left of the tent, and they don’t tear out tongues.  Could’ve been KGB, but that’s very unlikely behavior considering these were just students on an innocuous backcountry experience.  The crushing of their bodies suggests something or some creature very large, so possibly a bear, but the chilling photo captured by one of the victims clearly shows a bi-pedal upright being that looks more human like.  Just a crazy story that unfortunately will most likely never be solved.

KGB joins a crazy church and now he is ripping out people's tongues and eyes?  Damn, guy is further off the reservation than we thought.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

So with Wisconsin "shutting down" (I work in mfg and no one is closing, which is good) can anyone with the time and knowledge to read the governor's order answer a simple question for me: If I'm by myself or with one other person, can I still golf or fish? Because I'm going to lol just need to come up with my excuse now if that's for some stupid reason not allowed.

Hey Ray,

Fishing is open.  And the DNR has repeatedly said to "Go Fishing!".  What is up for debate is whether or not trailering a boat a couple hundred miles is considered "essential".  I'd argue it is not.

But...if you want to take a walk and make a few casts from piers, or launch a boat close to home, I think you are just fine to do so.

I took a few hours yesterday and walked to a little spot that I always wanted to try.  Got a 16 inch rainbow trout.  Gorgeous fish and a lot of fun!

I'm not sure about golf.  I think the courses around me are now closed.  But you may want to make a few calls there.

• Like 1

Wendigo is a construct of tales from Algonquin speaking American Indian tribes. Ojibwe is one of those tribes and most Native Americans in Northwest Wisconsin are Ojibwe   I’ve  tramped the woods of NW Wisconsin for better than 50 years without any sightings or any other physical evidence.  While I never dismiss ancient tales categorically, evidence is necessary to any type of fantastic claim. 

As a very famous scientist once said ,” Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

On the subject of golf I still have 6 foot snow banks and 10” of snow on the ground. Still a dream here up nort. 

3 hours ago, Norse65 said:

Wendigo is a construct of tales from Algonquin speaking American Indian tribes. Ojibwe is one of those tribes and most Native Americans in Northwest Wisconsin are Ojibwe   I’ve  tramped the woods of NW Wisconsin for better than 50 years without any sightings or any other physical evidence.  While I never dismiss ancient tales categorically, evidence is necessary to any type of fantastic claim. 

As a very famous scientist once said ,” Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

On the subject of golf I still have 6 foot snow banks and 10” of snow on the ground. Still a dream here up nort. 

Doesn't matter … China virus has closed up the courses anyway.  Many of us Central and Southern Wis golfers are ready to roll and can't.  That may be even worse than your situation.   

3 hours ago, Norse65 said:

That's because you're so loud, heel toe.

In the last 24 hours, New York state tested over 18,000 people for coronavirus. A whopping 35% of them still tested positive.
Now 37,258 have tested positive in New York, nearly half of all cases in America. NY has done between 25 and 30% of all tests in America.

20 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Doesn't matter … China virus has closed up the courses anyway.  Many of us Central and Southern Wis golfers are ready to roll and can't.  That may be even worse than your situation.   

Aren't you cute using 'China virus'.

Covid 19 (i know, science baffles you) is why I can't go golfing yet.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

The G7 couldnt sign an agreement on how to address COVID-19 because a certain country mandated the virus be referred to as the "Wuhan Virus"

Now, thats being cute.

Well, given that Trump has referred to it as the China Virus, I'm assuming BoJo the BoZo referred to it as Wuhan Virus?

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

The G7 couldnt sign an agreement on how to address COVID-19 because a certain country mandated the virus be referred to as the "Wuhan Virus"

Now, thats being cute.

In fairness, you could do more to combat Covid 19 by simply staying home than a G7 agreement would do