This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Guys the rules have been stated how many damn times now? I don't what your opinions on the virus whatsoever. Different forum if you want to do that.

You can post articles, numbers whatever, I don't care what you think about it, nor does anyone else.

Forgot about the other place. Sorry.

57 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Global Cooperation, short of the moving of medical supplies, is exactly what isn't needed. People need to stay in their damn houses.

Medical supplies, potential cures / treatments, data etc. That's what's meant by "global cooperation" - not some global time sharing program :)

Heard an interesting thing earlier regarding our food supply:

80% of all the arable land in the Northern Hemisphere gets planted in the next two months. That has to occur w/o a hitch.

In normal times, 30% of all calories consumed are consumed outside the home. Planning now that the restaurants (and such) will stay closed, mandates that the logistics of getting / insuring those calories get into the home is critical.

Me? I'm increasing the size of my garden :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

The G7 couldnt sign an agreement on how to address COVID-19 because a certain country mandated the virus be referred to as the "Wuhan Virus"

Now, thats being cute.

If it’s such a trivial thing, why can’t these other countries sign the agreement anyways? Don’t act like this is all on one country.

53 minutes ago, Leader said:

80% of all the arable land in the Northern Hemisphere gets planted in the next two months. That has to occur w/o a hitch.

In normal times, 30% of all calories consumed are consumed outside the home. Planning now that the restaurants (and such) will stay closed, mandates that the logistics of getting / insuring those calories get into the home is critical.

I'm still eating outside my home a lot. Gotta support the local bars and restaurants so they're around when this is over. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

If you murder someone but the person you murder is the most worthless person in Earth, how much do they reduce your sentence?

Can’t answer your question, but I am curious who you’re thinking of deep-sixing!  My money’s on the guy who keeps stealing your bar-stool.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

One of my colleagues in North Central Iowa told me that they're already beginning to plant out there. What do you plant in your garden? I had a community garden when I lived in TN and had a roma tomato plant that was over 7 feet tall one year.