Jump to content
CWood21

This Aint Packers Talk v69

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

One of my colleagues in North Central Iowa told me that they're already beginning to plant out there. What do you plant in your garden? I had a community garden when I lived in TN and had a roma tomato plant that was over 7 feet tall one year.

I've six different types of tomato plants, four different types of peppers, three yellow squash, two green beans, one eggplant. I stay away from the "grow in the ground" stuff like carrots, potatoes and such cause they take too long and the return gets gobbled up too quickly. Then - just for the helluvit - I've got about 20 (or more) massive sunflower plants grown from seeds - not for consumption, just for looks.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you won't be sentenced for suicide, Norm.

Nice. Top comment for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leader said:

I've six different types of tomato plants, four different types of peppers, three yellow squash, two green beans, one eggplant. I stay away from the "grow in the ground" stuff like carrots, potatoes and such cause they take too long and the return gets gobbled up too quickly. Then - just for the helluvit - I've got about 20 (or more) massive sunflower plants grown from seeds - not for consumption, just for looks.   

Sounds like my old garden plot. We got bumper crops of hot peppers, which fit in quite well with the local BBQ flavor. We didn't do ground stuff though because our lot had heavy iron levels due to the fact that it had been a high end mobile home lot(senior citizens) and then it became a dump that was cleaned up at a latter time. We did raised beds on top of black tarp and woodchips with cinderblocks outlining the beds. We planted herbs in the holes of the cinder blocks. It was a lot of fun; miss it, but not the fire ants...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Can’t answer your question, but I am curious who you’re thinking of deep-sixing!  My money’s on the guy who keeps stealing your bar-stool.

That guy is going to jail soon for DUIs (for real) so I'll let him slide.

Nah guy they hired to help me at work a while back. Been talking about cutting his hours or letting him go for months because he's the worst human being alive. But now they won't let him go because he'll run straight to unemployment and they're paid up and don't want to pay in, or however that works. Now it's cut my hours the last three ******* weeks, which has never happened in 3 years and I'm losing like 800 bucks in a month because I'm not here 40, and usually it was over. It's driving me ******* insane, I know the answer. I just have to legitimately threaten to quit but I don't feel like I should have to do that. 

It's bad enough he's a sloth who doesn't listen and wears the same clothes every single day and smells like a dead cat, but now it hits me that until we're busy again in August I'm going to lose like a grand a month if nothing changes and I'm just in here stewing about it.

Also now realizing that the commission check I got the other day (from a sale I had no part of) was to cover that BS so maybe I shouldn't complain. 

/rant

Edited by Norm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Norm said:

That guy is going to jail soon for DUIs (for real) so I'll let him slide.

Nah guy they hired to help me at work a while back. Been talking about cutting his hours or letting him go for months because he's the worst human being alive. But now they won't let him go because he'll run straight to unemployment and they're paid up and don't want to pay in, or however that works. Now it's cut my hours the last three ******* weeks, which has never happened in 3 years and I'm losing like 800 bucks in a month because I'm not here 40, and usually it was over. It's driving me ******* insane, I know the answer. I just have to legitimately threaten to quit but I don't feel like I should have to do that. 

It's bad enough he's a sloth who doesn't listen and wears the same clothes every single day and smells like a dead cat, but now it hits me that until we're busy again in August I'm going to lose like a grand a month if nothing changes and I'm just in here stewing about it.

Also now realizing that the commission check I got the other day (from a sale I had no part of) was to cover that BS so maybe I shouldn't complain. 

/rant

Man, I legitimately feel for you brother.  That totally sucks.  I honestly don’t have any helpful suggestions for you to make the situation better, but I’m pulling for you and hoping your situation changes soon.  Here’s to better days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Joe said:

Sounds like my old garden plot. We got bumper crops of hot peppers, which fit in quite well with the local BBQ flavor. We didn't do ground stuff though because our lot had heavy iron levels due to the fact that it had been a high end mobile home lot(senior citizens) and then it became a dump that was cleaned up at a latter time. We did raised beds on top of black tarp and woodchips with cinderblocks outlining the beds. We planted herbs in the holes of the cinder blocks. It was a lot of fun; miss it, but not the fire ants...

I've "evolved" from an actual garden patch dug into the ground. Too many issues and problems and far more work than where I am now: container gardening. I do my planting in a bunch of LARGE terra cotta pots strung together that "stand" on their saucer bottom turned upside down - so they dont sit in water. The plants can be easily "racked" by differing height if necessary and if the plant grows as vines (green beans) - I have chicken wire strung between the pots holding the plants. Keeps it clean, simple, functional, easy to maintain.....and not one ant :)

Edited by Leader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.....this officially sucks.

About 15 years ago a cat adopted me.  Literally.  She got into my garage, then up into my attic and ended up in my house.  Being a single guy, she stayed with me.  It was my first "real" pet that didn't live with my parents.

She was fully grown when she entered my house.  I have no idea just how old she was, or is.  Best guess is that she's 17 or 18.  About 2 years ago, she ate a flower that I brought into the house for my wife.  A lilly.  And they are toxic.  After about $5,000 of treatment, she was okay.  Tough financial pill to swallow, but I did it.

Now...she's lost a pound or so.  Doesn't seem too bad, except she was tiny to begin with.  Just under 6 pounds.  Now she's just under 5 pounds.  Skeleton cat.  Skin and bones.  About 4 months ago she had a stroke, yet somehow recovered from it to continue on with her normal life, which is sleeping, eating and coming around for occasional pets.  But, she is now mostly blind.

Recently she's stopped grooming, so I started brushing her.  Now she's pooping outside of the box.  Runny.  Very gross, but I clean them up.  But this morning she went on my wife's grandmother's oriental rug.  So I got out the rug cleaner and cleaned the whole rug.

So....today I'm tasked with calling our Vet.  Hopefully I can get her in tomorrow to be put to sleep.  I've read just about everything on the subject and it is time.

And I hate this.  Absolutely hate this.  She's never been a warm compassionate kind of cat.  But she is my cat.  She came into my life when my life was kind of a wreck and my life 100% has gotten better and better with her in it.    I know that when you take on the responsibility of a pet, you know that one day you will come to this time.  It's just so hard.  I'm literally a broken down mess right now.

If you read this, thanks.  It's actually therapeutic to write this down.  Apologies for rambling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The McAfee and Hawk show is pretty great garbage entertainment if that's your cup of tea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HighCalebR said:

The McAfee and Hawk show is pretty great garbage entertainment if that's your cup of tea

Who would not like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So.....this officially sucks.

About 15 years ago a cat adopted me.  Literally.  She got into my garage, then up into my attic and ended up in my house.  Being a single guy, she stayed with me.  It was my first "real" pet that didn't live with my parents.

She was fully grown when she entered my house.  I have no idea just how old she was, or is.  Best guess is that she's 17 or 18.  About 2 years ago, she ate a flower that I brought into the house for my wife.  A lilly.  And they are toxic.  After about $5,000 of treatment, she was okay.  Tough financial pill to swallow, but I did it.

Now...she's lost a pound or so.  Doesn't seem too bad, except she was tiny to begin with.  Just under 6 pounds.  Now she's just under 5 pounds.  Skeleton cat.  Skin and bones.  About 4 months ago she had a stroke, yet somehow recovered from it to continue on with her normal life, which is sleeping, eating and coming around for occasional pets.  But, she is now mostly blind.

Recently she's stopped grooming, so I started brushing her.  Now she's pooping outside of the box.  Runny.  Very gross, but I clean them up.  But this morning she went on my wife's grandmother's oriental rug.  So I got out the rug cleaner and cleaned the whole rug.

So....today I'm tasked with calling our Vet.  Hopefully I can get her in tomorrow to be put to sleep.  I've read just about everything on the subject and it is time.

And I hate this.  Absolutely hate this.  She's never been a warm compassionate kind of cat.  But she is my cat.  She came into my life when my life was kind of a wreck and my life 100% has gotten better and better with her in it.    I know that when you take on the responsibility of a pet, you know that one day you will come to this time.  It's just so hard.  I'm literally a broken down mess right now.

If you read this, thanks.  It's actually therapeutic to write this down.  Apologies for rambling.

This **** always sucks. You think as you get older it won't be hard anymore, it always is. It's nuts....

My parents have the last dog I had after I moved into an apt and couldn't take him, they love the little **** and with nobody else at home basically asked to keep him. I still have random moments in my life where I think he's dead somehow and it freaks me out and I see the guy like once every couple months....

Sorry bud. The couple we put down I couldn't even be there for. Just couldn't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norm said:

Who would not like that? 

I can think of at least one      

                   NOUN
  1.  the person who commands a group, organization, or country.
    That would probably be against such tripe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I can think of at least one      

                   NOUN
  1.  the person who commands a group, organization, or country.
    That would probably be against such tripe

lol I was going to say Boomers. Or that guy that really really really hated Hawk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random AF but my little brother is a nice guy but talking to him on the phone, he does this one thing and it drives me and everyone else insane. When he's done talking HE JUST ******* HANGS UP. Like just now I'm we're talking and he was telling about work **** and then all the sudden, nothing. So I hit him up on Steam I'm like oh I lost you I think "oh no I just had nothing else to say"

 

SAY ******* BYE YOU WEIRDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Random AF but my little brother is a nice guy but talking to him on the phone, he does this one thing and it drives me and everyone else insane. When he's done talking HE JUST ******* HANGS UP. Like just now I'm we're talking and he was telling about work **** and then all the sudden, nothing. So I hit him up on Steam I'm like oh I lost you I think "oh no I just had nothing else to say"

 

SAY ******* BYE YOU WEIRDO

Im on your brothers side. Concise. I dont do that, dont know if i could do it. But if it was culturally acceptable thatd be cool with me. Especially with close friends and family. No more to say. Im out. 

Scenario time. Youre in your room, your brother comes to your door to tell you some ****. Hes done talking. You expect him to say bye or can he just walk away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×