This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

17 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

@vegas492 my condolences on the loss of your family member (yes, pets are absolutely family!)  I’ve lost two dogs in recent years to old age, and in spite of thousands of dollars in surgeries to remove cancer and whatnot, the inevitable came and it’s soul-crushing.  Peace to you and your family.

Thanks man.  It means a lot.

My wife and I enjoyed a beverage or two last night and told funny stories about our cat, Tiger.  It was a good time.  

While this cat was pretty independent and didn't really "bond" with our other two cats, the other two do seem a little out of sorts right now.  It is just a strange dynamic in the house right now.  But...as time goes on, I'm sure it will get better.

Sure would be nice if we could see some sunshine, been pretty gloomy here around Milwaukee lately.

• Like 1

IHME Wisconsin Projections

Yikes. This is the first Wisconsin projection I've seen. Cases expected to peak around May 22. Interesting that the downward curve is as gradual as the upward. Obviously things could change very quickly, but this is the first projection I've seen.

https://spectrumnews1.com/wi/madison/news/2020/03/29/analysis-projects-wisconsin-coronavirus-cases-to-peak-in-may

Edited by cannondale

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yikes. This is the first Wisconsin projection I've seen. Cases expected to peak around May 22. Interesting that the downward curve is as gradual as the upward. Obviously things could change very quickly, but this is the first projection I've seen.

https://spectrumnews1.com/wi/madison/news/2020/03/29/analysis-projects-wisconsin-coronavirus-cases-to-peak-in-may

Saw on TMJ4 this morning (Milwaukee NBC affiliate) that they've revised that graph to show April 26th as the peak. The relative slow nature of the curve is what you want to see they said, state is doing a good job. 

I'm getting married in July, so for selfish reasons, that is great news for me. Both bachlore/ette parties cancelled and bridal shower cancelled already. Everyone was on my *** about popping the question, looks like I should've waited a year lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Saw on TMJ4 this morning (Milwaukee NBC affiliate) that they've revised that graph to show April 26th as the peak. The relative slow nature of the curve is what you want to see they said, state is doing a good job. 

I'm getting married in July, so for selfish reasons, that is great news for me. Both bachlore/ette parties cancelled and bridal shower cancelled already. Everyone was on my *** about popping the question, looks like I should've waited a year lol. 

At least she didn't say no

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

This actually updated to April 26th today with a much sharper peak:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections?fbclid=IwAR347ctjoabifE8eH-hrxp0_1TrWDHtSjtjlQvCnyV-tS0N9i2Sw80WWkrI

For all these years I've helped all of you with my great mod skills and amazing Packer posts, looking for any tips from you as I could use some help.

Right now the world sucks, I was a very routine driven person who went to work, went to the gym, was very active. Now all the gyms are closed, I work from home and barely leave the house, as we're supposed to. This drastic change in lifestyle has introduced me to a new friend that I've never had before in my life, constant anxiety. Couldn't tell you what it's about or how it came to be, as the virus itself is not a source of worry to me, but over the last week I've gotten less and less sleep and dealt with attacks which are literally the worst thing ever. Then once you have the traumatic experience of an attack, your anxiety manifests itself as anxiety about not wanting to have anxiety, which is the largest middle finger I've ever been given from life lol.

Anyone got any tips to get it in control that don't involve me getting prescriptions and having to pop pills? Crazy to think a week ago I'd be where I'm at now, definitely the slipperiest slope I've ever encountered health wise. You go from 0-60 in the snap of a finger and you can't even figure out why.

@Packerraymond  One day at a time. Easy advice to give, but surprisingly hard to follow properly. As soon as you start to fret about stuff beyond that, you need to throw a mental 'STOP' sign at yourself. Stop counting the "X days until........." and just do today.

Normally this isn't a good way to live (the old adage is that young people live in the moment, middle aged people live for the future and old people live in the past), but now is far from normal For now staying in the moment, more like a child, is probably the best way to move forward for someone who is stressing. This is easier for more solitary people than, for example, families. It's easier still for those (like me) who have retired and have slid out of the regimented, and ordered, life of work.

The only other advice I have is to find a project to do, one that stretches your thinking and takes a while, maybe something that you have put off for years. That will help keep you in the 'now'.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

For all these years I've helped all of you with my great mod skills and amazing Packer posts, looking for any tips from you as I could use some help.

Right now the world sucks, I was a very routine driven person who went to work, went to the gym, was very active. Now all the gyms are closed, I work from home and barely leave the house, as we're supposed to. This drastic change in lifestyle has introduced me to a new friend that I've never had before in my life, constant anxiety. Couldn't tell you what it's about or how it came to be, as the virus itself is not a source of worry to me, but over the last week I've gotten less and less sleep and dealt with attacks which are literally the worst thing ever. Then once you have the traumatic experience of an attack, your anxiety manifests itself as anxiety about not wanting to have anxiety, which is the largest middle finger I've ever been given from life lol.

Anyone got any tips to get it in control that don't involve me getting prescriptions and having to pop pills? Crazy to think a week ago I'd be where I'm at now, definitely the slipperiest slope I've ever encountered health wise. You go from 0-60 in the snap of a finger and you can't even figure out why.

I have been dealing with this since I was 16, I will be 38 next Friday.  I have been on and off medication since then.  I am currently on medication, and it is working well. I also keep a journal of every day with short entries about how I feel, what the weather is like, and what I am doing that day.  It helps because when you are dealing with anxiety, it is not rational.  You think that you will always feel that way and never haven't felt that way.  Keeping a journal and then going back and looking at it, I can see that even though I am having a bad day today, I have felt great for the last 10 days in a row.  There are also multiple apps that can help with meditation, which really can calm you down.  I used headspace for about 6 months a few years back.  I really liked it.

If you are just getting this because of cabin fever, I would suggest making a schedule.  You can still go for a jog, do that at the same time every day.  I know you can't do the same workouts that you were used to, but you can do push-ups, sit-ups, stretches, and just lift some everyday objects to stay active.

• Like 1

I think finding an exercise routine routine that works for me is going to be my key. 

It just all coincided that the whole state shut down, the brake caliper on on of the wheels on my truck siezed to the rotor and because I couldn't get to the store I stopped drinking this probiotics shake I have every day for breakfast because I like the eat high protein low carb and thus screwed up my guts to where I was nauseous routinely throughout the day and thus didn't want to jog/workout at home. I've fixed the truck and got back on my eating routine and am 90% of the way back there, just got anxiety attacks along the way that is the new hurdle.

Ive read how good working out is for anxiety, and that's probably why it was never ever an issue for me before. I just am hoping getting back into that with a little daily breathing/meditation session will help me down the right track.

I truly sympathize with anyone who struggles with this as I've had plenty of bodily injuries being both an athlete and a boy with 3 brothers who live out in the country with a lot of land to find dangerous crap to do lol. This week was tougher than any physical injury I've sustained.

• Like 1