This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

38 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I’ve been struggling with this myself - feelings of guilt that I’m not getting enough work-related stuff done.  It was making me nervous and anxious.  I was relieved to see that my boss followed up on this article by telling all of us to “do only what we need to do (work wise) and forget the rest.”  That helped.

Man, that is a dang good boss to have!

I'm in sales and deemed "essential", so I'm working from home.  And...I"m thrilled to learn that I got two deals done with a possibility of another one coming in shortly.

Really got me excited.  I'm waiting for the ink to dry before I tell my owner, he's going to be thrilled.  Any new business right now is a great thing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Man, that is a dang good boss to have!

I'm in sales and deemed "essential", so I'm working from home.  And...I"m thrilled to learn that I got two deals done with a possibility of another one coming in shortly.

Really got me excited.  I'm waiting for the ink to dry before I tell my owner, he's going to be thrilled.  Any new business right now is a great thing.

I’m very fortunate - I have a dream job and a very supportive CEO.  I literally should have no worries, and that’s why I’m worried - the thought of losing my job because I’m maybe not being as productive as I should be.  It’s human nature to worry about losing things we love, or things on Maslow’s Heirarchy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It’s like watching 7 hours of Jerry Springer.

I hate that I can't shut it off. I guess there's way more to it that I would have ever imagined, which I guess is the entire point of why it blew up

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

ESPN right now, maybe the best college football game ever play: USC vs. Texas Rose Bowl! 

Do you remember the USC-Fresno State game that season? Reggie Bush had like 342342436354 yards and 54 TDs.  It was fun to watch.

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Do you remember the USC-Fresno State game that season? Reggie Bush had like 342342436354 yards and 54 TDs.  It was fun to watch.

I remember where I was when I watched that. I'll never forget that one cut he had on the sideline where it was super human yet he lost like no speed. Probably the best single game performance I've ever seen in football. It was wild. 

33 minutes ago, Norm said:

I hate that I can't shut it off. I guess there's way more to it that I would have ever imagined, which I guess is the entire point of why it blew up

It’s a train-wreck you just can’t turn away from.  At the end of the show I just wanted everyone involved to just rot in jail, or worse.  Disgust usurped any empathy I may have had.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Norm said:

I remember where I was when I watched that. I'll never forget that one cut he had on the sideline where it was super human yet he lost like no speed. Probably the best single game performance I've ever seen in football. It was wild. 

I remember being at a bar in Columbia.  The game lasted real close to closing time.  Every guy in the place was transfixed on that game.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I remember being at a bar in Columbia.  The game lasted real close to closing time.  Every guy in the place was transfixed on that game.  

I just moved into a new house and I didn't have everything in yet and my TV was just on the floor and at one point I was so entranced I just went and sat right in front of it like a 4 year old lol

Edited by Norm

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Anyone listening to the Howard Stern Show from "the bunker?" It's quite funny though we aren't getting enough of Ronnie Puppet...

I'm listening to an auction in our building with nobody at it but staff. Lol...