This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Nah, he's drinking a beer and stepping out for a smoke
Although he's only a couple of wrist flexions away from self-flagellation... but this is a family board.

@Normhas a lady friend, he does not need to go there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

absolutely not for you @Norm, your level of physical specimen needs a completely different routine

left hand/wrist grasp + flexion combined with right hand key grip + right wrist radial deviation -- beer bottle opening

left arm subtle lift and left wrist ulnar deviation followed by elbow flexion and shoulder elevation -- beer bottle acknowledging bartender, then a swig

short walk to the exterior door -- going for a smoke

right thumb IP flexion combined with left hand "cup closure followed by a quick inhalation -- lighting your cigarette

sustained sitting on higher surfaced circular sitting device -- sitting on your bar stool

feel free to put your thoughts on what those mean

In South Dakota?  That's Auto-Asphyxiation

Long shot here, any one have an old Al Harris, Mark Tauscher, Chad Clifton or Brian Bulaga Jersey? Preferably replicas. My mother in law wants to make me a quilt so I’m trying to get enough older players to throw one together.  Please get ahold of me if you or someone you know might have one 

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:20 PM, incognito_man said:

5/180 polling locations will be open in Milwaukee tomorrow. How can anyone be ok with this...

Why do Milwaukeeans allow Barrett to get away with that?    Every other community in Wisconsin besides GB and Milwaukee were fine.   I would suggest that the city government wanted to create a problem, and were successful.

Why was Madison able to have 62 polling outlets open while Milwaukee created 5?  

Yesterday was the easiest in person voting experience in many years for most cities due to the expanded early voting.    Put the blame where it belongs, on Milwaukee city government.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Why do Milwaukeeans allow Barrett to get away with that?    Every other community in Wisconsin besides GB and Milwaukee were fine.   I would suggest that the city government wanted to create a problem, and were successful.

Why was Madison able to have 62 polling outlets open while Milwaukee created 5?  

Yesterday was the easiest in person voting experience in many years for most cities due to the expanded early voting.    Put the blame where it belongs, on Milwaukee city government.

Wisconsin yesterday....

Madison has 66 of 92 polling places open.
Milwaukee has five of 180.

Madison's population: 255,000
Milwaukee's population: 595,000

One of these is perhaps America's most segregated city with a large African American population the GOP wants to discourage from voting as much as possible. The other is Madison.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Wisconsin yesterday....

One of these is perhaps America's most segregated city with a large African American population the GOP wants to discourage from voting as much as possible. The other is Madison.

The city sets up the polling.   Last I checked the GOP has no presence in Milwaukee city/county government.   Controlled by the City of Milwaukee election commission.

Like I said originally,  Milwaukee wanted this to be a problem.  They succeeded.  You can make your own guess as to why Milwaukee wanted this to fail.

So again, misplaced blame.   If Dems have a problem with this (and they should), they ought to fix their own house.   Blaming the GOP is deflecting responsibility from where responsibility lies.   But Milwaukee has been doing that for a long time now.   

Edited by hitnhope

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Wisconsin yesterday....

Because if there's any area that Republicans want turning out heavily, it's the Republican stronghold that is Dane County . . . Wait a minute?

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Literally everyone at works job is like pretend you're working but mine right now then a bunch of stupid **** is happening on top of it that's not my fault but I'm taking the brunt of all of it 

I'm blaming Rudy Gobert still.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because if there's any area that Republicans want turning out heavily, it's the Republican stronghold that is Dane County . . . Wait a minute?

I don't get the Madison comparison either, but the situation in Milwaukee was just ridiculous. I've no clue how to devolved to that point. It sucks being the only state not to postpone elections due to COVID. There are reasons why. We all know them. Unfortunately Milwaukee wasn't able to handle those reasons better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't get the Madison comparison either, but the situation in Milwaukee was just ridiculous. I've no clue how to devolved to that point. It sucks being the only state not to postpone elections due to COVID. There are reasons why. We all know them. Unfortunately Milwaukee wasn't able to handle those reasons better.

Not @ing you, I just following the thread of convo.

I went online to the site I had been directed by almost any media outlet covering COVID and the election. The only thing I needed to do was upload a picture of my DL. Three days later I had my absentee ballot and I put it in the mail that day. It wasn't that hard. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Not @ing you, I just following the thread of convo.

I went online to the site I had been directed by almost any media outlet covering COVID and the election. The only thing I needed to do was upload a picture of my DL. Three days later I had my absentee ballot and I put it in the mail that day. It wasn't that hard. 

For most, it probably was still simple. But if even one person requested an absentee ballot and didn't get one in time, it's one too many (and there was definitely more than one person this happened to). Just bungled horribly by our elected officials. Every other state, regardless of party leadership, was able to figure out how to move elections due to COVID. 

We already have depressing voter turnout numbers as a country/state and this was clearly an opportunity seized by some to depress those numbers even more. Just sad all around.

• Like 1