This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Nice^^.  The USA and UK used to lead the free world, now we just try to justify that we're doing ok.   Both countries were late admitting what was happening and have tried to play 'catch up' ever since.  If anyone REALLY wanted to be intellectually honest.......both of our countries lack the leadership to unite the citizenry to fight this together. 

Only if you’re a brainwashed fool. Plenty of countries have worse fatality rates as a percentage of the population than the US. Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, etc. and that’s with NYC wildly swinging the numbers. Many US states (which are often about the size of other countries) have done as well or better than European countries. Are we supposed to look at Eastern Europe or the 3rd-world countries where there is barely any testing or tourism as some sort of legitimate benchmark? Or lying dictatorships like China or Iran? 

and it’s folly to compare the numbers anyways. The different countries are using all sorts of different testing and classification standards to come up with their numbers that get fed into the comparison table so a lot of it is apples and oranges. The websites that track this stuff admit this, but people are too lazy to read the parts of the site that describe how they get their numbers, so just blindly trust the table as 100% accurate comparison. 

not to mention the massive differences between countries in demographics, geography, density, cultural practices, amount-of-tourism, etc, that can all sway numbers completely independently from any government actions. It’s way easier to isolate an island or a country that is effectively an island like South Korea than it is to isolate massive land borders.

Politicians just have a vested interest in slandering the administration with hypotheticals so that their own party can get back in power. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

Oh, you definitely experienced it because it’s in your own head. Hilarious that you accuse others of cherry-picking and mental gymnastics. And that you continue to ignore any possible loss of life due to extended shutdowns and economic depression, unemployment, and bankrupt retirement accounts. Maybe if you were more intellectually honest, you would set foot outside your echo chamber instead of mindlessly slandering other people’s motives.

Intellectually honest 🤣🤣 that’s rich! Brotha, intelligence and honesty has NOT been on your side for a long long time. The last few years have been full of dishonesty and stupidity that is embarrassing us on a world stage and is now literally killing us. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Intellectually honest 🤣🤣 that’s rich! Brotha, intelligence and honesty has NOT been on your side for a long long time. The last few years have been full of dishonesty and stupidity that is embarrassing us on a world stage and is now literally killing us. 

Keep projecting, dude...

7 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Only if you’re a brainwashed fool. Plenty of countries have worse fatality rates as a percentage of the population than the US. Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, etc. and that’s with NYC wildly swinging the numbers. Many US states (which are often about the size of other countries) have done as well or better than European countries. Are we supposed to look at Eastern Europe or the 3rd-world countries where there is barely any testing or tourism as some sort of legitimate benchmark? Or lying dictatorships like China or Iran? 

and it’s folly to compare the numbers anyways. The different countries are using all sorts of different testing and classification standards to come up with their numbers that get fed into the comparison table so a lot of it is apples and oranges. The websites that track this stuff admit this, but people are too lazy to read the parts of the site that describe how they get their numbers, so just blindly trust the table as 100% accurate comparison. 

not to mention the massive differences between countries in demographics, geography, density, cultural practices, amount-of-tourism, etc, that can all sway numbers completely independently from any government actions. It’s way easier to isolate an island or a country that is effectively an island like South Korea than it is to isolate massive land borders.

Politicians just have a vested interest in slandering the administration with hypotheticals so that their own party can get back in power. 

Wow, nice over reaction, did I hit a nerve?  I was comparing us to us.  What we used to be.  I believe you might fit the 'brainwashed fool' you threw out there.

When I said leadership I was talking about Washington DC, it's very telling that you immediately went super defensive, started assuming all kinds of things like a brainwashed fool. 

"Politicians just have a vested interest in slandering the administration with hypotheticals so that their own party can get back in power. " Is this why our current POTUS went after former POTUS W. Bush after W sent out an inspiring message that America has faced these difficulties before and we can get through this as we all come together?  You remember right?  W Bush was President around 9/11 and the country came together?  What did our current POTUS do after W's message? He went after him for purely selfish reasons.

Look in the mirror and try to say 'intellectually honest'.  You might see a 'brain washed fool' looking back at you.

Keep projecting dude......

K.  Here's a post away from this topic....

Just gorgeous on Friday and Saturday.  I was able to detail my boat!  Vacuumed the interior, steamcleaned the carpet.  Armor All'd the interior, buffed out every smudge on the interior glass.

Took a solvent to the glass exterior, removed sludge, water stains...etc.  Washed her down good.  Got a good ceramic wax on her.  Used another water mark remover, then waxed again.

And...to make matters even better?  I got to use my new gas pressure washer!  God I love that thing.

Boat is looking gorgeous.  Took it out on Saturday, little crazy on the lake, but I wanted to get he carpet dry.  All worked great.  Even wiped it down afterwards.

Too bad it will soon be full of walleye blood again.

And...my COVID yard is going crazy.  Like Hulk-green.  Coming in thick, too.

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Wow. To be honest, over the last 3 years I have avoided arguments with the other side. By doing this, I really never experienced how deranged people are. Playing mental gymnastics and cherry picking numbers, being lied to on tape repeatedly and not batting an eye, being willing to sacrifice the lives of Americans because they’re sick of quarantining and that’s just to name a few things that I’ve been reading on here the past week or so. This is incredibly disturbing. 

But about those numbers you felt the need to bring up and are so concerned about?

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Is this why our current POTUS went after former POTUS W. Bush after W sent out an inspiring message that America has faced these difficulties before and we can get through this as we all come together?  You remember right?  W Bush was President around 9/11 and the country came together?  What did our current POTUS do after W's message? He went after him for purely selfish reasons.

Look in the mirror and try to say 'intellectually honest'.  You might see a 'brain washed fool' looking back at you.

Keep projecting dude......

That was back before radical leftists completely took over the Democratic Party. They are the source of the division these last 4 years and they have slandered him since before day 1. The President was right to point out Bush’s silence on the divisive and politically-motivated impeachment witch-hunt. Bush, for all his virtues, never had the courage to stand up to the mendacious disinformation spewing out of leftist media & politicians. It’s like one kid is continually beating up on another but the 3rd party only ever jumps in to separate the two when the kid that’s getting beat up tries to defend himself. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Are you saying you’re not concerned about 90k people dying? I really hope not. 

If we had been beyond reproach in our actions taken and had 50k deaths, you would be saying the same thing about 50k. 

For all the talk about how the US preparation has been a failure, the numbers you're supposedly advocating based on, tell a different story. 

Obviously our preparation wasn't beyond reproach. We had more deaths than we should have, but to claim that our actions taken were disastrous just really isn't true.

• Like 1