This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Just now, CWood21 said:

You act like you're surprised that's going to happen...

This quickly? No matter how big of a pessimist I can be, that wasn't expected. Nobody saw them blowing a 5.5 game lead in 10 days. Not even the biggest doubters did. Especially not with how the offense just all of a sudden decided it can't score runs.

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

This quickly? No matter how big of a pessimist I can be, that wasn't expected. Nobody saw them blowing a 5.5 game lead in 10 days. Not even the biggest doubters did. Especially not with how the offense just all of a sudden decided it can't score runs.

They finally test Eric Thames enough for him to get a positive test?

But let's be real, this is more about the Cubs playing up to standard than the Brewers flopping.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But let's be real, this is more about the Cubs playing up to standard than the Brewers flopping.

Not really. It's a mix of both. Cubs are 13-3 (.812) over their last 16 while the Brewers are 5-11 (.312) over the same stretch. It's a mix of one team's biggest high happening at the same exact time as the other's biggest low.

Unless you think the Cubs are a 131 win team and the Brewers are a 50 win team, one is playing above their heads while the other has been below. Just a perfect combination for the Cubs right now.

Edited by bkobow05

53 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Not really. It's a mix of both. Cubs are 13-3 (.812) over their last 16 while the Brewers are 5-11 (.312) over the same stretch. It's a mix of one team's biggest high happening at the same exact time as the other's biggest low.

Unless you think the Cubs are a 131 win team and the Brewers are a 50 win team, one is playing above their heads while the other has been below. Just a perfect combination for the Cubs right now.

Probably.  The Cubs were always a sleeping giant that was underperforming for the first year.  Just wish the Cardinals would choose a direction and go with it...

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Probably.  The Cubs were always a sleeping giant that was underperforming for the first year.  Just wish the Cardinals would choose a direction and go with it...

That and we're not truly out of it yet. Still have 7 more games against them so we still control our own destiny this year. We're definitely overachieving (well not so much lately lol) but we're not done yet. If it happens, excellent. If not, it shows massive promise for 2018 and beyond.

4 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I think most people were expecting a huge second half collapse. It clearly wasn't sustainable.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

How do I upload an avatar?  All I want is a basic Packer G but I'm not sure how to do this.  Can anybody help a little old lady?  :$

Go to your profile.

Click on the little photo icon over the blank space, this allows you to upload or link a picture.

Find the picture you want.  I used an image search on google, then select the one I wanted and clicked, "view image."  That will get you the url for the picture only.  You may have to clean up the address on some of them.

In the profile select the "add photo from url" or something like that, and paste the address in the space provided.

http://www.findthatlogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/green-bay-packers-logo-nfl.gif

That should work.

10 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Go to your profile.

Click on the little photo icon over the blank space, this allows you to upload or link a picture.

Find the picture you want.  I used an image search on google, then select the one I wanted and clicked, "view image."  That will get you the url for the picture only.  You may have to clean up the address on some of them.

In the profile select the "add photo from url" or something like that, and paste the address in the space provided.

http://www.findthatlogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/green-bay-packers-logo-nfl.gif

That should work.

Thanks David (I like your name - its the same as my hubby's)!  That worked great .  :D