This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

17 hours ago, Leader said:

Yes - but I'm not certain how much longer I will be as I'm finding the year 2 storylines pretty muddled. What do you think?

I have heard that the season is supposed to get much better, guess that remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, Bignutz said:

I have heard that the season is supposed to get much better, guess that remains to be seen.

I had high hopes for it coming into season 1. I like HBO cause I think they put out good productions - but even in season 1 the story lines - while interesting, were difficult to get a clean handle on - and the indiscriminate and repetitive violence eventually became a put off.

This season - seems like a bunch of Hatfield & McCoy stuff - only there are ALOT of different groups and everybody's just killing everybody else. I'm recording it all - so if I feel enthused I can go back and binge watch it all again - perhaps filling in the potholes I'm hitting now. 

On 5/8/2018 at 12:05 AM, Bignutz said:

Anyone watching Westworld?

I finished the first season about a month ago and tried watching the first episode of s2 after bar close Saturday night annnnnnnnnnd I passed out. #nospoilers

1 hour ago, ugLymayNe said:

I finished the first season about a month ago and tried watching the first episode of s2 after bar close Saturday night annnnnnnnnnd I passed out. #nospoilers

Haha, I fell asleep for the last 20 min of the first episode too. Late night. Heavy dinner. Drinks. Oops.

Loved season one, season two is ok but I feel like right now there’s a ton of different story lines going on at once.

Not as good as last season as of yet, but I have a feeling once those story lines start converging it’s going to be a lot of fun.

So 1st world problems here.

For my entire life ive watched Packers games from my room at my parents, 2 iMacs opened to the stat cast and this forum.

Now I own my own house, and have to do everything via a laptop on my couch. Just not the same.

I have watched nationaly broadcast games at friends houses with the laptop around, but if wasnt as satisfying.

Edited by Siman08/OH

5 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

For my entire life ive watched Packers games from my room at my parents, 2 iMacs opened to the stat cast and this forum.

Now I own my own house, and have to do everything via a laptop on my couch. Just not the same.

I have watched nationaly broadcast games at friends houses with the laptop around, but if wasnt as satisfying.

Put your laptop on the coffee table you should have in front of your couch.

Get a second loose monitor and place it next to your laptop. Get an HDMI cord. Pay the Jobs tax to get the adapter to your imac, and hook them up. Now you can have your stats and the forum up with dual monitors. 

Piece of cake.  

On 5/9/2018 at 9:13 PM, Blink said:

Loved season one, season two is ok but I feel like right now there’s a ton of different story lines going on at once.

Not as good as last season as of yet, but I have a feeling once those story lines start converging it’s going to be a lot of fun.

Ditto. Feel the same way about it. Thought this 4th episode of Season 2 was the best so far. 

Fwiw, I've become such a Thrones junkie that when I started watching all these other shows, it was meant to be just ways of passing the time till season 8 of GOT gets here. But I'm finding multi-season shows like Westworld, Outlander, Vikings, etc., are great in their own right. Granted, I'm perhaps late to the party, as I only recently discovered streaming apps (e.g., "Terranimal"), which I'm shocked aren't illegal yet.  Btw, I'm currently watching a 2018 show called "The Terror", which though a bit slow, has a great cast of actors. Recommended. Anyways...

Edited by DWhitehurst

1 hour ago, Siman08/OH said:

This last season I watched the national games on my tv with this open on the laptop.  If the Packers weren't on, I streamed it in a different tab guessed what happened while using this forum and had all the game scores up on espn or nfl.com.

@HighCalebR

Not much to tell. It's all lunatics who think they see all these hints in some leaked horse photo and insane crap. May 23rd there will be an official trailer release. Prevailing theory is that it's ww2 but prevailing theory wasn't that it was ww1 last time

But watching the Insanity is fun.. There's so many people that think they see all these clues in the stupid horse painting lol

I'm secretly hoping for Vietnam just for something different

Couple guys involved in working on it blew their loads over how it's gonna change everything and nobody is ready for this blah blah and that got people going pretty good

Edited by NormSizedMidget