This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

12 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Picked up this little morsel on Friday night...power was out...nothing to do but sit and sample it.  Amazing.  On the level of Angel's Envy.  Little more forward flavor, little more pepper and spice, but still very, very good.

willett__30419.1512932885.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

Looks great!

Okay so I'm planning on going to Green Bay for a game this year... first live NFL experience. I've narrowed it down to 3 games.

Vikings
Bills
Cardinals

Pros and cons for Vikings - honestly the only con is that it's way more per ticket, so cost, and I guess the best team by far so we have a better chance of losing which would suck. Division rival, week 2 so hopefully limited injuries, great weather

Pros and cons for Bills - Still in September, so likely low injuries. Cost of the tickets is lower. Good weather. I can't see us losing to Josh Allen. But then again it's the Bills. I'm from Toronto and I don't even care about them

Pros and cons for Cardinals - Josh Rosen, simple as that. I am the biggest Rosen nose humper and would love to see him... but what if he isn't playing? Then I'm going to a December game at Lambeau. Cold. Higher likelihood of favourite players injured. Tickets are really cheap though

People who have gone to lots of games, does it really matter what team you see? People who have gone to one, did it matter for you? 

What should I do while in Green Bay? I've never been to the midwest

3 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I haven't been back to Green Bay in a long time.  But I did hear that the Applebee's was not very good.  That was a few years ago, so they might have rebounded, but to be safe, check out their yelp review.  

On 5/21/2018 at 10:59 AM, vegas492 said:

Picked up this little morsel on Friday night...power was out...nothing to do but sit and sample it.  Amazing.  On the level of Angel's Envy.  Little more forward flavor, little more pepper and spice, but still very, very good.

willett__30419.1512932885.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

GN6ipdO.jpg

6 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

People who have gone to one, did it matter for you? 

The only game I’ve ever been to was years back. It was against the Titans and it was in December and was so damn cold. We blew the Titans out. Idk if it was the cold, that we were playing the Titans or that it was a blow out but I never got into the game like I usually would at home. I’d absolutely go in September over December. As for Vikings or Bills, hard to say. If the price difference is drastic, save the money I’d say, otherwise the Vikings would most likely be the better game. 

6 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Okay so I'm planning on going to Green Bay for a game this year... first live NFL experience. I've narrowed it down to 3 games.

Vikings
Bills
Cardinals

Pros and cons for Vikings - honestly the only con is that it's way more per ticket, so cost, and I guess the best team by far so we have a better chance of losing which would suck. Division rival, week 2 so hopefully limited injuries, great weather

Pros and cons for Bills - Still in September, so likely low injuries. Cost of the tickets is lower. Good weather. I can't see us losing to Josh Allen. But then again it's the Bills. I'm from Toronto and I don't even care about them

Pros and cons for Cardinals - Josh Rosen, simple as that. I am the biggest Rosen nose humper and would love to see him... but what if he isn't playing? Then I'm going to a December game at Lambeau. Cold. Higher likelihood of favourite players injured. Tickets are really cheap though

People who have gone to lots of games, does it really matter what team you see? People who have gone to one, did it matter for you? 

I have season tickets and I MUCH prefer late season games for a number of reasons. Cold is waaayyyy better than hot at a football game. The games (lately) tend to be more meaningful/dramatic later in the season. We've tended to play better late in seasons. Afternoon/night games have better ambiance IMO (especially late season ones).

I dunno, the opponent doesn't really matter all that much to me. I did make a point to see NE when they visited, however (also was a late season game). I'd take late season over anything else TBH.