This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He is, IMO if you were to only incorporate consistent on-field performance he is the best ever. But typically GOAT conversations encompass career achievements as well.

Rodgers is competing against Brady, Montana, and Manning. Similar to how GOT is competing against The Wire, The Sopranos, etc. At this point I still think it's worse than BSG, BtVS, The X-Files, and a few others depending on how you rate certain aspects just in the SciFi/Fantasy genre.

If Rodgers gets another ring and MVP he'll be right there with Manning at least.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Hard to tell if I've seen it if I don't know what it is. 

xD  I thought you might have seen it in the intro thread.

I am a big fan of the old musicals and I really enjoy "Meet Me In St. Louis" - it shows how it was at the turn of the last century and how much simpler life was back then.

Just now, Pugger said:

xD  I thought you might have seen it in the intro thread.

I am a big fan of the old musicals and I really enjoy "Meet Me In St. Louis" - it shows how it was at the turn of the last century and how much simpler life was back then.

I watched it when I was trying to watch all of the 1,001 movies you must see before you die list.  I tried to get all the musicals on the list, or at least a good chunk of them, in the same week, so I watched it at the same time as Oklahoma, Singing in the Rain, My Fair Lady, A Star is Born, The Sound of Music, West Side Story, Mary Poppins, Guys and Dolls, Moulin Rouge and Grease.  The only ones I didn't hate were My Fair Lady because of Audrey Hepburn and A Star is Born because of James Mason (who I think is one of the most underrated actors of his time).  The only musical I've ever actually liked (other than Disney movies) has been The Blues Brothers.  I hate musicals.  I remember reading Meet Me in St. Louis, but didn't remember that was you.  For the record, I didn't judge you for that choice. 

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I watched it when I was trying to watch all of the 1,001 movies you must see before you die list.  I tried to get all the musicals on the list, or at least a good chunk of them, in the same week, so I watched it at the same time as Oklahoma, Singing in the Rain, My Fair Lady, A Star is Born, The Sound of Music, West Side Story, Mary Poppins, Guys and Dolls, Moulin Rouge and Grease.  The only ones I didn't hate were My Fair Lady because of Audrey Hepburn and A Star is Born because of James Mason (who I think is one of the most underrated actors of his time).  The only musical I've ever actually liked (other than Disney movies) has been The Blues Brothers.  I hate musicals.  I remember reading Meet Me in St. Louis, but didn't remember that was you.  For the record, I didn't judge you for that choice. 

You watched all the ****ty musicals lol

21 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Maybe it is a gender thing?   I don't know many guys who like musicals.  ;)

Just now, Pugger said:

Maybe it is a gender thing?   I don't know many guys who like musicals.  ;)

Sexist!  Disney movies are musicals, and I love the older ones.  The Blues Brothers is a musical, and I loved it because the songs are catchy and fun to sing.  I don't enjoy most musicals because the characters are boring and the stories are boring.  The Wizard of Oz is one of 31 movies that I have rated a 10/10.  Les Miserables is a story that I love and I would have thoroughly loved that movie if Hugh Jackman hadn't screwed up and insisted on Russell Crowe being Javert.  Seriously, when Gary Oldman auditions for and wants the role of Javert in a musical and he has the acting talent and the singing talent (the dude sang a duet with David Bowie) and you pick a washed up actor who sounds horrible singing...  So it's not the musicals that I dislike, it's the characters and stories of most of them that I dislike. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Sexist!  Disney movies are musicals, and I love the older ones.  The Blues Brothers is a musical, and I loved it because the songs are catchy and fun to sing.  I don't enjoy most musicals because the characters are boring and the stories are boring.  The Wizard of Oz is one of 31 movies that I have rated a 10/10.  Les Miserables is a story that I love and I would have thoroughly loved that movie if Hugh Jackman hadn't screwed up and insisted on Russell Crowe being Javert.  Seriously, when Gary Oldman auditions for and wants the role of Javert in a musical and he has the acting talent and the singing talent (the dude sang a duet with David Bowie) and you pick a washed up actor who sounds horrible singing...  So it's not the musicals that I dislike, it's the characters and stories of most of them that I dislike. 

Congratulations on getting my first upvote.

Russel Crowe as Javert cancelled out Russell Crowe as Maximus in Gladiator while ranking top actors of all time. What a **** performance. In contention with Jamie Foxx in the Annie remake for the worst performance by an actor in a major motion picture musical. 

Where's the tequilla, I need to wipe both of these memories from my brain.

23 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Sexist?  o.O

I too love the Disney movies.  Which one is your fav?

Just now, Pugger said:

Sexist?  o.O

I too love the Disney movies.  Which one is your fav?

Yes.  Man can like musicals too, Pugger.  I just don't.  And my favorite Disney movie is definitely Beauty and the Beast.  Then Robin Hood.  Don't really like anything they've made after about 1995 ish though as far as animated movies.