This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

On 5/27/2018 at 3:35 PM, HyponGrey said:

Barkley didn't join Steve and Amari? 

giphy.gif

Barkley retired 4 yrs before Nash joined the Suns and 2 yrs before Amar’e was drafted by them.  Barkley hadn’t played with the Suns since 4 yrs before he retired (he left to chase rings with Houston but they were old and past their window).  

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

giphy.gif

Barkley retired 4 yrs before Nash joined the Suns and 2 yrs before Amar’e was drafted by them.  Barkley hadn’t played with the Suns since 4 yrs before he retired (he left to chase rings with Houston but they were old and past their window).  

I didn't even spell Amar'e right, so no, I'm not.

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Cell phones should have breathalyzer locks. You blow more than ... and the only thing you can do is arrange an uber.

Someone get to work on that. I only want 10%. 

Make the font large, the branding not too jarring & easy to comprehend.

I'll take 5%.

2 hours ago, Csraverage said:

Man, this developer is screwed financially.

Not necessarily.......

Since this is a start up, he'll mandate your %'s be turned into investment $$'s - take your money, hopefully produce a product - and since you all will own 100% of it - you can run it.  If he doesnt produce the product....oh well, you know what they say about investments..... :)

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not necessarily.......

Since this is a start up, he'll mandate your %'s be turned into investment $$'s - take your money, hopefully produce a product - and since you all will own 100% of it - you can run it.  If he doesnt produce the product....oh well, you know what they say about investments..... :)

Ohh no, ye olde operate at risk.

I love how this has grown legs lol.

Some time back someone commented about how adaptable humans are - which is very true. Well, I submit we'd better accelerate that process in some areas.

"No one could save a pilot whale that swallowed 17 pounds of plastic bags off Thailand. The mammals death became the latest high profile example of marine life forced to live in oceans littered with human trash"  - The Washington Post

I saw a video the other day shot by a scuba diver with a camera on an extension pole shooting back at him self as he swam underwater somewhere around Bali. At first glance, the viewer would think the scuba diver was swimming thru a large school of jellyfish - or some other floating marine life - but it was nothing but garbage - and back behind the swimmer you could see the surface was covered by floating debris. 

As consequence of our actions, we're killing off marine life - but also endangering / killing off humans as we're now ingesting marine life who's bodies are carrying the micro-toxins from plastic and other forms of garbage.

We know this. This is happening. This is being witnessed. Yet we're not adapting.

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Some time back someone commented about how adaptable humans are - which is very true. 

Did someone ever adequately argue that humans are adaptable ...  I mean, beyond suffering through a can of Coke because the Pepsi truck took a wrong turn?  

taking my dad to a packers game for fathers day. Got tickets to the home opener vs the bears, I plan on arriving sometime Saturday morning, and we will be leaving sometime Tuesday. I'd like to try and do the stadium tour if possible, and the HOF. any other suggestions for things to do in the area?

I have a hotel booked in Appleton. Does anyone no if there are any shuttles from Appleton to the game? If not best case scenario for parking?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawkfan191 said:

taking my dad to a packers game for fathers day. Got tickets to the home opener vs the bears, I plan on arriving sometime Saturday morning, and we will be leaving sometime Tuesday. I'd like to try and do the stadium tour if possible, and the HOF. any other suggestions for things to do in the area?

I have a hotel booked in Appleton. Does anyone no if there are any shuttles from Appleton to the game? If not best case scenario for parking?

I cant say for sure as I've never been there / done that - but I feel confident there are shuttles - in fact, the first contact point to ask is the hotel you're staying at. I'd imagine its a service offered to their guests - either directly (i.e. pickup occurs at the hotel) or indirectly (tickets for the vendor can be purchased thru the hotel).

Or you can start with Google:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Appleton-Hotels-With-Shuttle-zfp371795.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g30330-i1428-k10823410-Transportation_to_Packer_games_from_Appleton-Appleton_Wisconsin.html

Edited by Leader

3 hours ago, Hawkfan191 said:

It's been way too long since I've been to Lambeau so this might be outdated but...

I would stay in Appleton Saturday night. They have a better night life than GB, IMO but not much else you'd be interested in. Wonder around the "Paper Valley" area. Have a few drinks and eat some good food. Youll find something that strikes your fancy. There a bit of everything. 

Do the game on Sunday obviously. I always found the parking to the east to be WAY easier to get in and out of than any other direction. Get there early and enjoy the tailgating. It'll probably be the most interesting/entertaining part of the trip.

Do the GB stuff Monday. Maybe Krolls for lunch.