This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No the uncanny part is the weirdly consistent start time, not the duration.

If I were to type the word: Replicant
What would your first impression be? Does reading it evoke any memories?
Would you happen to have a small, carved, wooden statue of a farm animal?

10 hours ago, Leader said:

If I were to type the word: Replicant
What would your first impression be? Does reading it evoke any memories?
Would you happen to have a small, carved, wooden statue of a farm animal?

It's all an elaborate computer simulation

I had one of those only men think about this thoughts this morning...

What wins in a fight, a goose or a turkey? 

I watched a youtube video, and they mostly chase each other away, neither engages.   A really big turkey is a lot heavier than a really big goose, but I wonder about similar sized birds. 

Also, a swan would destroy both of them.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I watched a youtube video, and they mostly chase each other away, neither engages.   A really big turkey is a lot heavier than a really big goose, but I wonder about similar sized birds. 

The geese carry that hitta. Turkeys cant even fly good. Geese have formations, turkeys are unorganized. Now turkeys have the size and geese are from Canada, so they might have more manners, but they can be reeeeal *****. I go goose all day.

I've been up close and personal with both turkeys and Canadian geese while I do some walking around my office.

A turkey would annihilate a goose.  Turkeys have a talon.  Sharp a$$ thing.  They scratch up the ground with it, use it to crack nuts and stuff on the ground.  Even seen a few fighting pull that thing out.

A turkey has that rock hard beak.  Another weapon.

Geese have those weak a$$ webbed feet.  Duck like smooth bill.

Geese talk a big game, but man, those turkeys are nothing to mess with!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've been up close and personal with both turkeys and Canadian geese while I do some walking around my office.

A turkey would annihilate a goose.  Turkeys have a talon.  Sharp a$$ thing.  They scratch up the ground with it, use it to crack nuts and stuff on the ground.  Even seen a few fighting pull that thing out.

A turkey has that rock hard beak.  Another weapon.

Geese have those weak a$$ webbed feet.  Duck like smooth bill.

Geese talk a big game, but man, those turkeys are nothing to mess with!

Live next to a pond in an urban setting and have a lot of geese around.  Both my dogs are around 80 pounds and they give the geese plenty of room.  They're big and when they fight with their wings outspread they can be daunting. BUT, the turkey would kick their a$$. Before the cell phone age, my brother dropped his keys at a carpool parking lot out in the boonies.  A big Tom came out of the bushes next to the lot and had him trapped in his car for over an hour.  They are a damn mean animal to survive without being able to fly very far at any time.

3 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Live next to a pond in an urban setting and have a lot of geese around.  Both my dogs are around 80 pounds and they give the geese plenty of room.  They're big and when they fight with their wings outspread they can be daunting. BUT, the turkey would kick their a$$. Before the cell phone age, my brother dropped his keys at a carpool parking lot out in the boonies.  A big Tom came out of the bushes next to the lot and had him trapped in his car for over an hour.  They are a damn mean animal to survive without being able to fly very far at any time.

Prior to working in this building, I had never seen a turkey fly or sit in a tree.  Here?  There are three trees that they love to sleep in.  It is crazy.  If I get here prior to 6:30, there will be 10 of them in a tree.  Come in the building and they all fly down.  It is quite a site to see.  When they come out in packs here, the geese give way to them and end up taking cover by swimming in the pond.

The reason I asked is because geese are just damn fearless.  Wild turkeys are mean as hell too.  I have both near my office.  But I was talking 1-on-1.  I think turkey because it is bigger.  But a small turkey and a large goose are about the same size.

There are also Bald Eagles and Cranes.  Those would probably waste a goose or turkey pretty well, if they wanted to.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The reason I asked is because geese are just damn fearless.  Wild turkeys are mean as hell too.  I have both near my office.  But I was talking 1-on-1.  I think turkey because it is bigger.  But a small turkey and a large goose are about the same size.

There are also Bald Eagles and Cranes.  Those would probably waste a goose or turkey pretty well, if they wanted to.

I mean speaking objectively, bald eagles can and do waste geese for food. Golden eagle would defeat both, and also hunt cranes.  Golden Eagles have been known to hunt and kill fully-grown deer and pronghorn. Adding raptors into the equation is probably unfair though. Try a cassowary. Pelicans are also not to be trifled with.

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Stumbled on the below in my YT feed. Oh, Canada! (NSFW or anywhere else, really)

Letterkenny Canada Gooses