This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Chernobyl> GOT season 8

FIFY.  After the show went by the books chronologically the writing really dumbed down.  Chernobyl has been very good so far.

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

FIFY.  After the show went by the books chronologically the writing really dumbed down.  Chernobyl has been very good so far.

Sorry thought the season 8 part was implied.  I may end up liking Chernobyl more in the end though Tbh. I thought GOT was very good overall, but overrated by some.

Edited by Arthur Penske

On 5/20/2019 at 3:22 PM, Dubz41 said:

Chernobyl has been very good so far.

Episode 3 raised a question in my mind.

Rather than treat those exposed to extreme radiation....primarily by trying to isolate them (which didnt go too well.....) with no actual method or means of healing them or ultimately providing palliative care.....I wonder if they ever considered euthanasia. 

I mean - these guys basically dissolved into masses of discolored goo....that was a hazard to every living thing around them.

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Episode 3 raised a question in my mind.

Rather than treat those exposed to extreme radiation....primarily by trying to isolate them (which didnt go too well.....) with no actual method or means of healing them or ultimately providing palliative care.....I wonder if they ever considered euthanasia. 

I mean - these guys basically dissolved into masses of discolored goo....that was a hazard to every living thing around them.

I spent way too long reading a Reddit thread about this last night. I watched all three last night after seeing you guys talk about it. Good recommendation!

SPOILERS BELOW

Big part of it was, supposedly, the overdramatized "they have no chance" part. More people recovered than it made it seem. A guy who wrote a book that I think this is partially even based off claims two of the 3 suicide mission guys actually lived long lives. 

There was a bunch more of the ethics of it that I'm too lazy too paraphrase. But it's out there on the subreddit if anyone wants to try and find it (there's two subs for the show)

Edited by Norm
  • Like 3

You ever been pretty sure that you're still drunk but it's 9am and you're at work?

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am halfway through the new Rammstein album.  It ******* rules.  

They still make music?

• Like 1