This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. I've loved Jay for a long damn time now, even when he was a Bear. His demeanor is amazing. Literally zero ****s given at all times. I'd kill for a weekend as his wingman or vice versa. Bet he'd be amazing to drink with. 

Working in the Denver service industry and being a bit of a sh!tshow myself I've heard a story or ten about him being a sh!tshow. Personally I don't think I could hang with him when he was at his worst/best. He used to go HARD from some of the stories I've heard. If you know anything about the Denver nightlife you can extrapolate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Working in the Denver service industry and being a bit of a sh!tshow myself I've heard a story or ten about him being a sh!tshow. Personally I don't think I could hang with him when he was at his worst/best. He used to go HARD from some of the stories I've heard. If you know anything about the Denver nightlife you can extrapolate.

Lol I hear ya. I'm from Milwaukee where we breed drunk *** like it's our job. I think I'd be up for the challenge. If I can handle my buddy, I can handle anyone. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Ashamed. We are too stupid to do the simplest, most inconvenient thing to save lives. 

Am I just in a bright area of the country or is everybody wearing masks???

Also, 90% of this women's tweets are bad political stumping. She tweets like a damn bot. 

23 hours ago, cannondale said:
Don't know if I should feel offended or ashamed. 

Why would you be "offended"?

Not saying this about you or anything, but it's amazing how desperate people have become to be offended. It's become a national obsession to be offended as much as possible- horrible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Also, 90% of this women's tweets are bad political stumping. She tweets like a damn bot. 

are you saying people should not be wearing masks when in public places....grocery store, Target/Walmart type places?

Just now, squire12 said:

are you saying people should not be wearing masks when in public places....grocery store, Target/Walmart type places?

Of course people should be wearing masks in public. In Pennsylvania, masks are required in public. They're not letting people into those grocery/retail places without masks.

I don't think it's the same in Wisconsin, but the online panic about people refusing to wear masks is dumb as hell. Not because not wearing isn't problematic, but because for the most part it seems like everybody is.

It's the same thing as with the protesters. 40 people being jackasses in an entire state, and people are acting like it's the end of the world and Trump is personally leading the Republican army as they storm the capital. 

It seems like there was a time when we all were of the opinion that we should ignore groups of people in insignificant numbers bleating out their stupid ideas. Now we've collectively decided to amplify their stupid messages for clicks. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Of course people should be wearing masks in public. In Pennsylvania, masks are required in public. They're not letting people into those grocery/retail places without masks.

I don't think it's the same in Wisconsin, but the online panic about people refusing to wear masks is dumb as hell. Not because not wearing isn't problematic, but because for the most part it seems like everybody is.

It's the same thing as with the protesters. 40 people being jackasses in an entire state, and people are acting like it's the end of the world and Trump is personally leading the Republican army as they storm the capital. 

It seems like there was a time when we all were of the opinion that we should ignore groups of people in insignificant numbers bleating out their stupid ideas. Now we've collectively decided to amplify their stupid messages for clicks. 

Went to the grocery store this afternoon.   All employees that I saw had a mask on.   about 60-70% of the customers had a mask on.     Some stores are requiring them to be able to enter the store, but not all of them.  

I can certainly see the frustration from workers in various industries when people are walking around without a mask on while doing their shopping.  

Edited by squire12

Around here, it's a really spotty thing. Some neighborhoods everyone is wearing a mask and stores won't let you inside without one. Other neighborhoods and out in the country I get weird looks (not like dogging you looks, but more of surprise or quizzical looks) coming into a store with a mask. Both my county and the next county over have directives that masks should be worn in public

There's a really interesting (to me) history behind this idea. On one level, it's kind of the basic idea behind all protest. On another there's a kind of very specific implementation that can be traced back through the "patriot" movement through it's origins with neo-nazi ties*, all the way back to George Lincoln Rockwell and the American Nazi Party. Even in relatively small numbers, it's been consistently true that if you can be outlandish or offensive enough, media organizations will always think you are newsworthy. Trouble is, there is a legitimate public interest in documenting and examining the movements, it's just that it's difficult to do correctly when the movement is specifically designed to highjack journalistic norms for their own means

*With few exceptions, this isn't to say that these protesters have any affinity for neo-nazis, just that their movement evolved out of the neo-nazi/CI extreme right that pioneered these tactics. Seems like the left in this country has never really nailed the execution in the same way the extreme right has.

Ask the glass repair guys if business booms more following “fascists” assembling to loudly request to be allowed to go back to earning a living or after Antifa hits the streets.

Edited by Uffdaswede

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I pretty much go to two grocery stores and normally there’s only like one person who doesn’t. I live four hours away from New York City in Syracuse, so maybe we wear masks at a higher rate being from NY. 

I didn’t like the way she worded the tweet also, I just got done listening to a podcast about it and was a bit upset. We need to realize that the virus is everywhere and is transmitted by respiratory means. The virus also affects people differently and you may be asymptotic and not know you have it. Wearing masks decreases the likelihood of transmitting it. 

Edited by Rainmaker90