This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I cannot believe this friggin' state. The Wisconsin Supreme Court, while voting REMOTELY, decide it's cool to open the economy with no restrictions in place whatsoever and they even had the gall to deny a stay. Just friggin' embarrassed to be a Wisconsinite right now.

Worst part...Bars opened almost immediately. My buddy sent me a Snapchat, while at the bar, and it was almost wall-to-wall packed...at 9 PM...on a Wednesday. I hate this state. I hate this country. Just pure idiocy on so many levels.

They didn't have a choice if they were going to follow the law IIRC. Doesn't the state constitution limit the duration the executive branch can enforce emergency powers for, before it has to go through the legislature for an extension?

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I cannot believe this friggin' state. The Wisconsin Supreme Court, while voting REMOTELY, decide it's cool to open the economy with no restrictions in place whatsoever and they even had the gall to deny a stay. Just friggin' embarrassed to be a Wisconsinite right now.

Worst part...Bars opened almost immediately. My buddy sent me a Snapchat, while at the bar, and it was almost wall-to-wall packed...at 9 PM...on a Wednesday. I hate this state. I hate this country. Just pure idiocy on so many levels.

see below

Edited by coachbuns

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's 2 AM, like 8 hours after the ruling, and I've already gotten three separate "you're welcome to stay home" texts from ignoramuses that I now used to call my friends. It's like, bruhs, you already KNOW I tested positive for Covid-19 so you know this isn't coming from a place of my own selfish concern. I really, truly, hate people. Instead of a pandemic, I'd rather an asteroid just take us all out. We deserve it. People are just absurdly dumb and, for some stupid reason, it baffles me every day. I don't know why I expect any different anymore.

Didn't know you tested positive ... sorry to hear.  However, you did survive ... any severe problems from it?  People get cancer, strokes, heart attacks, etc. every day.  This isn't going away, this will be here for a long time and there may never be a vaccine.  Don't want to hear anything about losing a loved one as my wife died in an accident 10 years ago.  You got sick, you made it ... appreciate it and life goes on. 

8 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Come on dude. The virus is just going to continue to spread at a accelerated rate if we re-open too early.  

Sorry dude ... the one glove fits all theory doesn't apply.  My area has very few cases and no deaths.  Common sense applies and just when do you think is the correct/right time to re-open?  2 months, 6 months, a year ... how long?  As my 2nd post stated, didn't know BeeKay tested positive and glad there was a recovery.  That being said, the stay at home order was mandated to keep the hospitals and staff from being overwhelmed from the virus ... period.  That goal has been met ... It was NOT meant to keep people from getting the virus.  Yes, people will get continue to get the virus but the vast majority won't even know they had it.  Keeping people at home, businesses closed, people unemployed, kids having no school or sports, no socialization, domestic violence, drug abuse, suicide and more is becoming more of an issue than the virus itself.  Protect the elderly and sick - use common sense - this virus too will pass.       

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry dude ... the one glove fits all theory doesn't apply.  My area has very few cases and no deaths.  Common sense applies and just when do you think is the correct/right time to re-open?  2 months, 6 months, a year ... how long?  As my 2nd post stated, didn't know BeeKay tested positive and glad there was a recovery.  That being said, the stay at home order was mandated to keep the hospitals and staff from being overwhelmed from the virus ... period.  That goal has been met ... It was NOT meant to keep people from getting the virus.  Yes, people will get continue to get the virus but the vast majority won't even know they had it.  Keeping people at home, businesses closed, people unemployed, kids having no school or sports, no socialization, domestic violence, drug abuse, suicide and more is becoming more of an issue than the virus itself.  Protect the elderly and sick - use common sense - this virus too will pass.       

There is absolutely NO PROOF of any of the bolded.

IF common sense is used, then we might be okay, but as Beekay noted morons packed the bar already.  Just idiocy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Rates in areas that didn’t stay at home are up a ton .  85,000 plus people have died from this. Why don’t people understand this? 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

......the stay at home order was mandated to keep the hospitals and staff from being overwhelmed from the virus ... period.  That goal has been met ... It was NOT meant to keep people from getting the virus.......

Actually, the intent of the stay at home orders WAS to prevent people from getting the virus - so as to:

1. Save lives.
2. Prevent the healthcare system / infrastructure from being overrun.

As to this: "suicide (and more) is becoming more of an issue than the virus itself"
I've not seen any numbers on suicides recently, but U.S. COVID19 cases has exceeded 1.4M with over 85K deaths. It's just a hunch on my part, but I dont think the suicides are keeping pace.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

IF common sense is used, then we might be okay, but as Beekay noted morons packed the bar already.  Just idiocy.

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually, the intent of the stay at home orders WAS to prevent people from getting the virus - so as to:

1. Save lives.

As to this: "suicide (and more) is becoming more of an issue than the virus itself"
I've not seen any numbers on suicides recently, but U.S. COVID19 cases has exceeded 1.4M with over 85K deaths. It's just a hunch on my part, but I dont think the suicides are keeping pace.

To be fair...suicides have not reached that mark.  Not hardly.

But...there is an enormous uptick in mental health issues right now.  I work in the health insurance field....and folks are using TeleMedicine a whole lot more lately, and many of their concerns are mental health.  Pretty easy to connect the dots from mental health struggles leading to suicide.

So yah, mental health is an issue right now.  Even in my household, my wife is struggling with working remotely and not being able to get out and do what she likes to do, such as shopping, walking and going to the gym.  It is a struggle for her.  And now...she can do more of it, but she's concerned about getting the virus, or worse, unknowingly giving it to someone else (because we have not been tested).  Just a tough situation to be in.

Guess I feel like Evers was in a "can't win" situation.  Open the economy, get people back to work, get them paid.  Or....keep people more isolated to keep infections down, which should mean fewer deaths.  Either way, it is a tough position to be in.

We'll see. Some states have already opened (and some didn't close at all) and their numbers are still going down. There's A LOT of political gamesmanship going on in Blue states versus Red states, in the middle of a general election year. I live in Ohio and we've started to open businesses again (no bars yet) but things are getting at least a little closer to normal. At some point, you have to turn to the people and tell them to use common sense when out in public, and in the meantime just keep testing as many people as practically possible. Shutting down the economy for more than a few months was never a realistic option...it has already caused devastating consequences. This national unemployment rate is straight out of control. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Bar opened last night here. Went for an hour at 4. Nobody even stole my stool

@Leader

Did you drink a Puppers?....I mean the logo in your avi looks like the Puppers logo from Letterkenny...

44 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We'll see. Some states have already opened (and some didn't close at all) and their numbers are still going down. There's A LOT of political gamesmanship going on in Blue states versus Red states, in the middle of a general election year. I live in Ohio and we've started to open businesses again (no bars yet) but things are getting at least a little closer to normal. At some point, you have to turn to the people and tell them to use common sense when out in public, and in the meantime just keep testing as many people as practically possible. Shutting down the economy for more than a few months was never a realistic option...it has already caused devastating consequences. This national unemployment rate is straight out of control. 

The both sides-isms is so old. Let’s call a spade a spade here . There is a side that is risking lives, and that doesn’t want to help it’s unemployed / essential workers. 

The same side that has called this a hoax and have lied time after time about this virus. The same side who ignored the warnings in January . 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

1. Save lives.

Sorry your hunch is probably wrong … Suicide is just part of the story my friend … add up all the other factors and you can bet it's a heck of a lot more than covid deaths.    Yes, 85k deaths is very sad and you can thank China for that.  That being said, the death rate per capita for the U.S. is .00238 which is one should look at.   The stay at home order was solely done to prevent the healthcare system/infrastructure from being overrun … period.   Sure it saved lives no doubt in many areas and many areas it hasn't affected folks at all.   This isn't going away and according now to the WHO, Sweden has shown by protecting the older folks and such but keeping schools and businesses open was a reasonable way to go.  We all have thoughts and opinions … carry on.

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

The totality of all those things as a whole were my thoughts not just not the one or two you picked out of the statement.   Of course there are idiots out there … that hasn't changed since time began.  That's where YOU use common sense.