This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

15 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Though I don't live in the state anymore, if find it incredibly ironic that the WSC voted to overthrow the Governor's decree FROM THE COMFORT OF THEIR HOMES!

C'mon, admit it...that's effing ironic.

Why? The order wasn't rescinded until after their verdict.

2 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

the trouble with rural areas is that they are lower risk of infection, but much higher risk of dire situation if infection does hit. Around here, a lot of rural areas have like single digit ICU beds for the whole county. If a retirement home in one of those counties gets hit, they’re horse****ed

Agreed ... protect those folks at all cost.  There's always a lot of what ifs in life.

9 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

the trouble with rural areas is that they are lower risk of infection, but much higher risk of dire situation if infection does hit. Around here, a lot of rural areas have like single digit ICU beds for the whole county. If a retirement home in one of those counties gets hit, they’re horse****ed

If a retirement community gets hit anywhere, it's a disaster. That's the nature of a highly infectious virus. 

Those are the place where restrictions should remain incredibly tight

IMO the real problem isn't that "things are reopening" it's that "not enough progress was made in terms of developing contact tracing, testing, etc. infrastructure" during the time that was bought through the months of limited movement.  

You can't stay closed literally forever, but you need to have a handle on things like South Korea before you can start playing baseball again like South Korea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The CDC lied to the American people about the effectiveness of wearing masks. 

The CDC can't even figure out the disease portion of this thing. Asking them to view the nation holistically and make the large over arching decision is ridiculous.

The CDC's input should be considered when making the decision. The CDC should not be making the decision.

Straight to conspiracies? Could it be new evidence charged their view??? This is a virus we don’t know much about. 

The lies that have been told to millions of people about this by elected officials and ‘ news station’ and totally not propaganda machines should be a crime. It has cost the lives of many people. Enough of this madness. Use your ******* brains , you have been lied to. And it’s on video. 

13 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Straight to conspiracies? Could it be new evidence charged their view??? This is a virus we don’t know much about. 

What conspiracy theory?

There was never a point in this scenario where the evidence pointed to masks not being helpful. AT BEST, you might be able to field a poorly reasoned argument where there was a brief period where we didn't know if masks would be helpful. 

The CDC likely made that announcement to give hospitals and local governments time to purchase them up, but that's still a lie told to the American people.

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What conspiracy theory? There was never a point in this scenario where the evidence pointed to masks not being helpful. AT BEST, you might be able to field a poorly reasoned argument where there was a brief period where we didn't know if masks would be helpful. The CDC likely made that announcement to give hospitals and local governments time to purchase them up, but that's still a lie told to the American people.

I think the term "lie" is being misapplied. I dont believe it was the CDC's intention to mislead people. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think the term "lie" is being misapplied. I dont believe it was the CDC's intention to mislead people. 

That requires assuming that the CDC is dumber than a 2 minute Google search on the history of other Corona viruses.

If we're making that assumption, they shouldn't be making decisions about reopening either.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That requires assuming that the CDC is dumber than a 2 minute Google search on the history of other Corona viruses. If we're making that assumption, they shouldn't be making decisions about reopening either.

The CDC *isnt* making any decisions about reopening.

Just now, Leader said:

The CDC *isnt* making any decisions about reopening.

Which is the entire point of the discussion. Rainmaker or whoever it was was saying that people should return to work when the CDC says that it's safe. 

I can't speak for others, but the reputation of the CDC might never fully recover in my eyes.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can't speak for others, but the reputation of the CDC might never fully recover in my eyes.

Disagree entirely. The CDC has a long history of appropriate actions and decisions. It's been that way before - it can (and will) be that way again.

This Admin has repeatedly discounted, discredited and ignored the advice of scientists. This CDC fared no better and its been run into the ground budget and personnel-wise.

That will change.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Disagree entirely. The CDC has a long history of appropriate actions and decisions. It's been that way before - it can (and will) be that way again.

This Admin has repeatedly discounted, discredited and ignored the advice of scientists. This CDC fared no better and its been run into the ground budget and personnel-wise.

That will change.

Yes, they performed wonderfully in the last public health crisis. Their work on [checks notes] AIDs sure was inspiring. Wait.

None of what you've said has a damn thing to do with them straight up lying and giving out bad advice.

The days of being able to trust any governmental agency is long gone. Watching the FBI shoot itself repeatedly in the **** and our court systems devolving into a political clown show should provide all the evidence required.

Edited by AlexGreen#20