This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

59 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's almost like I said governments are weighing the medical/science side against other considerations right in the post you quoted lol

Except you are only allowing that possibility for the local government and not the national government. And you are still leaning very heavily on the “medical” side, and pretending like there is a “scientific” consensus.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I know. I said as much in my post. 

The point remains that, from a medical/science standpoint, there is no overreach occuring. It is all medically justifiable.

Shutting the country down for 18 months would be medically justifiable. That isn't the standard.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Except you are only allowing that possibility for the local government and not the national government. And you are still leaning very heavily on the “medical” side, and pretending like there is a “scientific” consensus.

I am not "allowing" only for anything. I am not leaning on anything. There is a "scientific" consensus regarding the need for mitigation.

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Shutting the country down for 18 months would be medically justifiable. That isn't the standard.

What does "shutting down" even mean. It's not possible to debate against something so vague.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Amongst the chaos of Wisconsin stupidity, this was not answered.

It must be answered.

@Outpost31 help me out here.

We're not like the Vikings.  Our thread titles are simple and to the point.  TIRT, TAPT. 

TIVT.
TILT.
TIBT.

Those all work perfectly fine. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

We're not like the Vikings.  Our thread titles are simple and to the point.  TIRT, TAPT. 

TIVT.
TILT.
TIBT.

Those all work perfectly fine. 

That was the most mod-like response I’ve ever seen from you.  You’re definitely in a double-secret moderator training program.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2020 at 5:22 AM, beekay414 said:

Amongst the chaos of Wisconsin stupidity, this was not answered.

It must be answered.

@Outpost31 help me out here.

I like the idea but can't help but think that it would invite trolls.

21 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

An example of why it is not wise to always blindly trust "Science(tm)". Or at least the "Science(tm)" that the media has cherrypicked to let past their filters. 

1259154540630364162https://mobile.twitter.com/dperetti/status/1259154540630364162

read the whole tweet thread

Can't read thread, but duh - you never "blindly" trust science. That's an oxymoron. The scientific process is designed to do the opposite of "blind trust". 

That being said, the only thing that refutes science, is better science.

• Like 2