This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

13 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Are you saying you’re not concerned about 90k people dying? I really hope not. 

Do you really believe that 90,000 people have died from COVID in the U.S.? Regardless of who's doing the political spinning (which you and I won't agree on so let's not bother), NO ONE can really trust these numbers right now. The counters have come right out and admitted that if you had a minor case of COVID a month ago, recovered, and then died from a brain aneurysm yesterday, they are counting you as a "COVID death." So out of that 90,000, how many have died due to the virus? Three-quarters? Half? One-quarter?

It's the same thing with "new" COVID cases. How many of those new cases are simply due to increased testing at that particular time? Hell, I've seen reports about new cases "spiking" within a few days in recently reopened states, yet this completely ignores the science that COVID incubates for up to 14 days. So a state opens on Sunday, there are 1,000 new cases on Tuesday and the narrative is "Reopening Too Early Leads To Explosion of New COVID Cases." Again, what numbers are we supposed to trust here? 

Edited by packfanfb

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was going to say.....I thought we were supposed to leave the politics out of this one LOL.

I’m only speaking for what I posted, but fact and fiction shouldn’t be political. No matter what team you are on, the truth should matter. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If we had been beyond reproach in our actions taken and had 50k deaths, you would be saying the same thing about 50k. 

For all the talk about how the US preparation has been a failure, the numbers you're supposedly advocating based on, tell a different story. 

Obviously our preparation wasn't beyond reproach. We had more deaths than we should have, but to claim that our actions taken were disastrous just really isn't true.

And I think that’s a disgusting thing to say. This shouldn’t be politicized . These are lives we are talking about. Had we been prepared, there would have been way less deaths than we currently have. Everyone should be outraged.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was going to say.....I thought we were supposed to leave the politics out of this one LOL.

Yea it should be, but the same group keeps bringing up these topics. This is like the 3rd discussion/thread that has sprung up. If others are going to start it, I’m not going to leave them to it.

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m only speaking for what I posted, but fact and fiction shouldn’t be political. No matter what team you are on, the truth should matter. 

And I think that’s a disgusting thing to say. This shouldn’t be politicized . These are lives we are talking about. Had we been prepared, there would have been way less deaths than we currently have. Everyone should be outraged.

I think it’s disgusting that you and your ilk try to exploit a global catastrophe to try and score political points with untested hypotheticals and hindsight-bias.

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Serious question, how can anyone compare the US numbers to the rest of the world and be happy with the response?

Yes, because when you posted the bold you definitely weren't making a political statement.

Get out of here with that holier than though nonsense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Serious question, how can anyone compare the US numbers to the rest of the world and be happy with the response?

Yes, because when you posted the bold you definitely weren't making a political statement.

Get out of here with that holier than though nonsense.

It really isn’t. You just know took it like  that because you know it’s true.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Don’t believe what you see, don’t believe what you hear, don’t believe scientists, don’t believe independent oversight;  this is some scary s***. 

We see a ton more than you do. You're entrenched in an echo chamber to suit your own confirmation bias. 

• Like 1