This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The South Carolina shooter got convicted

The Texas shooter got convicted.

The New York officer with the choke hold was fired but the Feds didn't press charges due to the ME citing that obesity, heart disease, and asthma as contributing factors.

This Minnesota officer is almost definitely going to catch a Murder 2 charge for this. And all 4 have been fired already

For all the complaints about the handling of these cases, what can you do to send a stronger message to police that they can't do this stuff other than sending offenders to jail?

I would say that's exactly what needs to be done. In fact, I would argue the officer standing there watching should be charged as an accessory.

The big sticking point right now is that there have been no arrests. There is enough evidence in the video that that cop could have been arrested. If anyone else would have done that we would be sitting in jail pending the investigation. They are rioting in front of his house. Putting his whole neighborhood at risk. They could have kept him safe and placated most of the demonstrators. But no arrests. The kneeling cop had eighteen prior incidents of excessive force. Not one action of discipline.

They literally just burned down the precinct.

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

The big sticking point right now is that there have been no arrests. There is enough evidence in the video that that cop could have been arrested. If anyone else would have done that we would be sitting in jail pending the investigation. They are rioting in front of his house. Putting his whole neighborhood at risk. They could have kept him safe and placated most of the demonstrators. But no arrests. The kneeling cop had eighteen prior incidents of excessive force. Not one action of discipline.

They literally just burned down the precinct.

18 prior's?!  If true ... the "higher ups" in Mpls police dept should also be fired.  By the way, those burning and looting aren't protesters; they are rioters.  Protesting is definitely understandable - what's occurring is criminal just like what started this whole situation.     

• Like 1

Wow, it is very stressful up here in the Twin Cities. I can't believe they haven't arrested the one cop who was kneeling on that guy's neck. There is enough proof to hold him right now (if it was anyone other than a cop? They would be in jail.) and that way his neighborhood wouldn't have protesters camped out there. That guy lives about 3 miles from me, basic suburban neighborhood that is going through hell right now.
I try not to get caught up in the emotions and look at it from all sides:
1- Floyd did not have to die. Non violent crime, no gun involved.
2- It was NOT a split-second life or death decision, that cop knelt on his neck for 9 solid minutes. Actually, there were three cops restraining one, handcuffed suspect.
3- He was not resisting for almost the whole 9 minute clip.

So that was the incident that sparked this whole shebang. There seems to be 3 groups involved. But there is a weird way the Chief of Police went about handling this, there was a non-confrontational attitude, seemed to work at first; not now. This is what I've noticed (my perspective only):

1- the demonstrators. 50-50 white-black. Well spoken, well behaved.
2- the rioters. Usually don't come out until dark 80-20 black-white. Poor and uneducated. When you got nothin' you got nothin to lose. Little to no resistance from the Police for two days.
3- the Looters. Vicious opportunists. Employing tactics other riots haven't. They are using a method called 'Flash Looting'. We have them on street cameras: SUV will pull up to a store, 4 guys get out, smash and grab, drive away. Little to no resistance from Police.

These assaults have stretched out across the whole metro area. I live about 12-15 miles from the Precinct that burned last night. A major retail artery along Robert Street is about a half mile from me. Last night about 9 pm I took a ride with my daughter over to Robert street because of the facebook postings she was seeing. Businesses boarded up, heavy police presence. Menards, Target, Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot were all barricaded. There were three businesses open in three miles of solid retail: JimmyJohns, Arbys and Taco Bell. That was it. The pictures we took are unsettling, like we are in a third world country.

56 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Wow, it is very stressful up here in the Twin Cities. I can't believe they haven't arrested the one cop who was kneeling on that guy's neck. There is enough proof to hold him right now (if it was anyone other than a cop? They would be in jail.) and that way his neighborhood wouldn't have protesters camped out there. That guy lives about 3 miles from me, basic suburban neighborhood that is going through hell right now.
I try not to get caught up in the emotions and look at it from all sides:
1- Floyd did not have to die. Non violent crime, no gun involved.
2- It was NOT a split-second life or death decision, that cop knelt on his neck for 9 solid minutes. Actually, there were three cops restraining one, handcuffed suspect.
3- He was not resisting for almost the whole 9 minute clip.

So that was the incident that sparked this whole shebang. There seems to be 3 groups involved. But there is a weird way the Chief of Police went about handling this, there was a non-confrontational attitude, seemed to work at first; not now. This is what I've noticed (my perspective only):

1- the demonstrators. 50-50 white-black. Well spoken, well behaved.
2- the rioters. Usually don't come out until dark 80-20 black-white. Poor and uneducated. When you got nothin' you got nothin to lose. Little to no resistance from the Police for two days.
3- the Looters. Vicious opportunists. Employing tactics other riots haven't. They are using a method called 'Flash Looting'. We have them on street cameras: SUV will pull up to a store, 4 guys get out, smash and grab, drive away. Little to no resistance from Police.

These assaults have stretched out across the whole metro area. I live about 12-15 miles from the Precinct that burned last night. A major retail artery along Robert Street is about a half mile from me. Last night about 9 pm I took a ride with my daughter over to Robert street because of the facebook postings she was seeing. Businesses boarded up, heavy police presence. Menards, Target, Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot were all barricaded. There were three businesses open in three miles of solid retail: JimmyJohns, Arbys and Taco Bell. That was it. The pictures we took are unsettling, like we are in a third world country.

Stay safe man, ridiculous what's going on there.

I'm all for protest and demonstration, all the riots and looting is going to do is make the environment worse for everyone. We had them in the Sherman Park area here in Milwaukee and all it really accomplished was getting the few businesses that were in that area to want to get the hell out.

Sadly it's a very small percentage of cops and a very small percentage of the protesting crowd that are the bad apples. Those that go about it the right way on both sides far outnumber the bad apples, but you'll never see or hear from them in the media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

all it really accomplished was getting the few businesses that were in that area to want to get the hell out.

Yep. 2 wrongs do not make a right. And the economic ramifications go beyond a shop being closed down and the owner losing their livelihood. 

it could be years or decades before any new business wants to move back there. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Sadly it's a very small percentage of cops and a very small percentage of the protesting crowd that are the bad apples.

Even if this is true, the problem is the bad apples aren't getting thrown in the bin.

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

Even if this is true, the problem is the bad apples aren't getting thrown in the bin.

Based on what? 

In almost every instance of these high profile shootings, the officer is minimally charged, in most cases convicted, and in almost every instance fired. 

Lord knows a bunch of these issues are still out there, but to say that nothing is being done is just inconsistent with the examples we're seeing. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Based on what? 

In almost every instance of these high profile shootings, the officer is minimally charged, in most cases convicted, and in almost every instance fired. 

Lord knows a bunch of these issues are still out there, but to say that nothing is being done is just inconsistent with the examples we're seeing. 

Not true. 

Edited by Rainmaker90