This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Why weren't the other 3 cops arrested as accomplices? Sorry, but they have a duty to protect everybody. That includes the poor guy who was being murdered by one of their own. The fact they did nothing, IMO, means they are accomplices to murder. 

This dirty bastard who knelled on this man's neck and killed him had 19 complaints filed against him, allegedly. That is no coincidence. He should have been removed from the police for long before this happened. 

Are you going to be able to make the charges stick? 

You might be able to argue that they aided in the manslaughter by holding him down while he was being cuffed, but that's not going to stick. You might be able to argue that they aided in the manslaughter by keeping people away from the offender, but again, that's probably not going to hold up either. You might be able to argue some vague definition of conspiracy, but how would you even argue that?

As much as we would like to see some justice be served here for the other officers, there really isn't a legal leg to stand on. Unfortunately there is no law requiring anyone to stop a crime from happening, even and especially police. We've already seen in these riots and with various school shootings, that not only is there not a law compelling police to act in the defense of others, but that many departments are actively looking for opportunities to not do so.

Their not acting in defense of a citizen is genuinely awful police work, and they were fired for that. But unfortunately, not technically illegal AFAIK. 

Subdivision 1.Aiding, abetting; liability.

A person is criminally liable for a crime committed by another if the person intentionally aids, advises, hires, counsels, or conspires with or otherwise procures the other to commit the crime.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You might be able to argue that they aided in the manslaughter by holding him down while he was being cuffed, but that's not going to stick. You might be able to argue that they aided in the manslaughter by keeping people away from the offender, but again, that's probably not going to hold up either. You might be able to argue some vague definition of conspiracy, but how would you even argue that?

As much as we would like to see some justice be served here for the other officers, there really isn't a legal leg to stand on. Unfortunately there is no law requiring anyone to stop a crime from happening, even and especially police. We've already seen in these riots and with various school shootings, that not only is there not a law compelling police to act in the defense of others, but that many departments are actively looking for opportunities to not do so.

Their not acting in defense of a citizen is genuinely awful police work, and they were fired for that. But unfortunately, not technically illegal AFAIK. 

A person is criminally liable for a crime committed by another if the person intentionally aids, advises, hires, counsels, or conspires with or otherwise procures the other to commit the crime.

I'm not a lawyer and you may be correct. To me, the fact they were holding him down, handcuffing him while the guy was knelling on his neck, choking him to death is, by definition aiding and abetting. 

Police get put in tough positions, but that cop was a thug! Like I said, he had something like 19 complaints against him. The other cops had to know his reputation. It's beyond reprehensible they stood by and help it happen. There were people near by begging them to stop, saying, "you're killing him, he can't breath!' 

I'm doing everything I can to make a case against the other three as well if I"m the DA. 

Edited by Golfman

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I am agreeing with you.

I’ve been on a jury that sprung a guy for killing his best friend accidentally. When they put you in that room to decide a person’s fate in a criminal case you get a copy of the charges and a complete and exact text of the Wisconsin statutes that pertain. In the jury room, if you are doing your duty, you don’t get to make up your own statutes and charges to match the facts as you understand them. Further, when the facts of the case don’t match up with ONE word—and words have to have meaning in a statute—and you are forced to find the defendant innocent, the people of the jury cannot make up a lesser charge that matches the facts. The jury is not the state. The jury represents the citizens, but the scope of their powers is narrow: guilty to crime as charged or innocent.

If this were “Law and Order”, Sam Waterston would charge the other three with “Depraved Indifference”. But Minnesota isn’t New York. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Everybody understands the hurt. You probably had 99% of America who looked at that tape and said, those cops need to be arrested and go to jail for murder. 

You don't go and destroy communities because you are hurt. I'll bet most of these people came from other places. They are paid to come in and destroy things. If this is about racial injustice, which I understand, why go and destroy businesses owned by black people. 

This is a time when we need another Dr. Martin Luther King, not a Colin Kaepernick who is out flaming and justifying the violence and destruction. 

Got any proof of the bolded? 

Colin Kaepernick, you mean the guy who peacefully protested over the exact situation that is happening now , and millions of people who still had MAJOR issues with ??? 

Black people cant win . They are screwed over in every area of life; criminal justice, education, housing etc. and have been for generations. When they peacefully protest they get attacked both verbally and physically. It’s disgusting , it’s embarrassing and it completely contradicts the tenants of this nation’s character that we claim to have. 

How come even in the peaceful protests, with no looting, black protesters get shot with rubber bullets and tear gas but the ‘ protesters’ in Michigan who tried to get into the state capital with weapons, who were in the face of cops had none of that happen to them? Anyone want to take that? Huh? Anyone care to explain why The President tweeted “ these are very good people , but they are angry...” but in this case he’s called for these people to be shot?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Colin Kaepernick, you mean the guy who peacefully protested over the exact situation that is happening now , and millions of people who still had MAJOR issues with ??? 

Black people cant win . They are screwed over in every area of life; criminal justice, education, housing etc. and have been for generations. When they peacefully protest they get attacked both verbally and physically. It’s disgusting , it’s embarrassing and it completely contradicts the tenants of this nation’s character that we claim to have. 

How come even in the peaceful protests, with no looting, black protesters get shot with rubber bullets and tear gas but the ‘ protesters’ in Michigan who tried to get into the state capital with weapons, who were in the face of cops had none of that happen to them? Anyone want to take that? Huh? Anyone care to explain why The President tweeted “ these are very good people , but they are angry...” but in this case he’s called for these people to be shot?  

LOL! Yeah, it's been documented with every situation like this that Soros organizations fund these thugs who come in and destroy. Baltimore and Ferguson the numbers were about 70% from outside the area. 

Kaepernick is a turd!

He added,  "The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears, because your violence has brought this resistance."

Edited by Golfman

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If you believe that it's only people living in that that's doing all this damage, looting and such to their OWN neighborhood they live in ... sorry, you have no clue.  Then you have Kaepernick willing to pay bail, etc. for anybody arrested doing the damage/looting/destruction is promoting the actions.  Al Sharpton coming to "help", yah right.  By the way, Trump didn't call for anybody to be shot ... he said if there's looting and destruction to a person's property be aware you may be shot by somebody protecting their property.  Nice try though ... your agenda is showing.

• Like 2

Just now, coachbuns said:

So Leader, you think it just locals?  You're smarter than this Leader.

No actually, I dont impose any regional limits to something of this sort. Didnt realize it mattered. 

It's a riot....or riots...by what measure is it limited regionally (?) or should it be?

I was responding to the "Soro's paid and organized" thought.

I'm out boys! Have a great day! It's about to degrade into a back and forth and nobody will change their mind or opinion one bit! 

What happened to George Floyd was murder, plain and simple! Peaceful protests are part of America and I applaud that. When you start burning buildings, looting and destroying places of business you are a thug and need to be arrested. The police now need to stop this in a very forceful way! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

No actually, I dont impose any regional limits to something of this sort. Didnt realize it mattered. 

It's a riot....or riots...by what measure is it limited regionally (?) or should it be?

I was responding to the "Soro's paid and organized" thought.

Never said that Leader, you implied it! Have a great day brother!