This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

59 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You think it is a prowler, or could it be kids playing capture the flag, or hide and go seek at night and you have the biggest and darkest yard?

A prowler? No. I'd suspect a prowler would be up to more nefarious deeds than this person seems to be. No. I think him just an odd wanderer.....probably part Peeping Tom.
He moves **** around the yard....so as to get noticed. Doesnt damage things.....just wants me to know he's been around.....which I think equates into odd behavior no?

Years back I had a bench under a big elm tree in the front. Didnt sit there myself much...it was purely just for looks.
Besides it I put a large pot with some kind of vine growing out of it. Looked good.

Well, one day I noticed cigarette butts at the foot of the bench and in the pot.....so somebody was sitting there at night.
Probably smoking away and talking on his cell phone or jerking off. Dont know / cant say.....but clearly someone had been sitting there.

There's a lot of odd people out there. No accounting for all of them....just have to deal with them.

On the subject of privacy invaded:

My daughter and son in law and their north of Green Bay neighborhood of about thirty rural houses (acre lots gathered around a bar, a butcher shop, a gas station and a cemetery) have been experiencing the ongoing irritation of having an older man with some form of dementia walking about and raiding their mailboxes. Once they figured out who was doing it the sheriff was called. Looong story short, after about four months the daily complaints have been pi$$ing off the deputies who can’t arrest a mentally ill person, and out of a certain kind of compassion won’t force the economic hardship of psych hospitalization on his wife. The deputies constantly just get the **** he’s stolen and deliver it again.

Even the local USPS could do nothing but call the irritated sheriff, rinse and repeat. Solution: the regional USPS inspector came up and is issuing locking mailboxes to everyone. I guess it’s pragmatic, but holy cow is that a long way around the actual issue. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I dont live near Tampa. I live in it.....and you're gonna have to put some meat on those bones in order for me to understand it.
Tampa people have some kind of reputation?

It's a Florida thing. I've got relatives that live there as well as colleagues. 

I mean...y'all have the "Florida man" memes so....

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

EY_8aSZXYAEYhRn?format=jpg&name=large

Living through this up here right now gives me unique hindsight. It would have been so much easier to pay a little more attention to KaperNick. What he was protesting against has come to full boil. Very sad the other morning on my way to work watching the billowing fire across the river very very sad. Lot of anxiety up here. Just shameful that the city is getting a leveled. 

It's 8:30 Saturday evening. The police and National Guard are making their move. Going to be an interesting night. Even the Press is not being given any quarter. Tear gas flying they split a group up in the middle conquer and divide.

8 hours ago, Leader said:

A prowler? No. I'd suspect a prowler would be up to more nefarious deeds than this person seems to be. No. I think him just an odd wanderer.....probably part Peeping Tom.
He moves **** around the yard....so as to get noticed. Doesnt damage things.....just wants me to know he's been around.....which I think equates into odd behavior no?

Years back I had a bench under a big elm tree in the front. Didnt sit there myself much...it was purely just for looks.
Besides it I put a large pot with some kind of vine growing out of it. Looked good.

Well, one day I noticed cigarette butts at the foot of the bench and in the pot.....so somebody was sitting there at night.
Probably smoking away and talking on his cell phone or jerking off. Dont know / cant say.....but clearly someone had been sitting there.

There's a lot of odd people out there. No accounting for all of them....just have to deal with them.

See, I would think that the smoking on the bench was probably some kids sneaking out at night.  But I would actually be worried about a guy moving stuff just so you notice.  It is testing what he can get away with.  I would definitely invest in some surveillance of my home at least.  I agree that covering 3 acres is not practical, but your actual home might be a good idea.  

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The point is that even when black people protest peacefully, people have a problem with it. 

Peaceful protests are a pillar of our country. When you burn down buildings and loot, that is where you cross a line. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Peaceful protests are a pillar of our country. When you burn down buildings and loot, that is where you cross a line. 

Follow me here.

When Kaepnick peacefully knelt, people still had a problem with it. 

When the NBA players wore the “ I can’t breathe shirts” people told them to stick to sports. 

They can’t win. That’s why there’s so much anger. They try to be peaceful, and people still don’t listen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The point is that even when black people protest peacefully, people have a problem with it. 

Let's be real, Kaepernick's branding on this wasn't great. There was a definite, "all cops are a problem" message that was just never going to resonate in Iowa City. 

There was also a timing issue to it where the biggest shooting cases in the public eye were Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. Neither had proven to be a murder. Investigations into Sterling and Castille I don't believe had been completed yet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Follow me here.

When Kaepnick peacefully knelt, people still had a problem with it. 

When the NBA players wore the “ I can’t breathe shirts” people told them to stick to sports. 

They can’t win. That’s why there’s so much anger. They try to be peaceful, and people still don’t listen. 

What is "Winning" in this instance? 

And again, anybody that thinks rioting and looting is about a cause is just too high on their own farts to see the picture.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is "Winning" in this instance? 

And again, anybody that thinks rioting and looting is about a cause is just too high on their own farts to see the picture.

Law enforcement reform and not only do the officers like the one in this charged, but get convicted .