Week 11 Games

Leader

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Might? It's officially over now. The dream of him getting an extension is no more. Would be funny if they got Andy Dalton in the offseason though

IDK how his contract is done, they have to do something before next season?

There was a regular poster here who kept saying the Bears wouldn’t make it back to the playoffs this year.  Can’t remember who it was, but I gotta give credit to him for being right again.  

He didn’t think the Vikings would be 8-3 this year either, so that’s surprising.  It’s actually good though.  If the Vikings ranked this year they might have gotten rid of Cousins.  Now it looks like Cousins is playing well enough to stick around until he sucks again.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There was a regular poster here who kept saying the Bears wouldn’t make it back to the playoffs this year.  Can’t remember who it was, but I gotta give credit to him for being right again.  

Was he the ONLY person here who said it? If so I think I know who it is lol

Edited by Norm

Well right now there really isn't a team in the NFL that seems to be clearly better than everyone else.  The top teams all look REALLY bad at times.  Bad news: Packers also look bad at times.  Good news: Packers have looked plenty good enough at times to beat anyone.  There's no reason to think they don't have a realistic shot at a Super Bowl this year with every team being flawed.  

The NFC is really going to be fun down the stretch.  The top two teams just might be in the north.  

Just now, KFP7 said:

Well right now there really isn't a team in the NFL that seems to be clearly better than everyone else.  The top teams all look REALLY bad at times.  Bad news: Packers also look bad at times.  Good news: Packers have looked plenty good enough at times to beat anyone.  There's no reason to think they don't have a realistic shot at a Super Bowl this year with every team being flawed.  

The NFC is really going to be fun down the stretch.  The top two teams just might be in the north.  

I disagree. The Vikings secondary is pretty bad.

1. Saints
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Cowboys
5. 49ers
6. Vikings

That's how I see it shaking out. Everyone is looking at the 49ers, and the Seahawks are right behind them. Russell Wilson is the likely MVP. 49ers have a pretty brutal schedule to close out the season. And Kirk Cousins still can't beat winning teams

• Like 1

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

I disagree. The Vikings secondary is pretty bad.

1. Saints
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Cowboys
5. 49ers
6. Vikings

That's how I see it shaking out. Everyone is looking at the 49ers, and the Seahawks are right behind them. Russell Wilson is the likely MVP. 49ers have a pretty brutal schedule to close out the season. And Kirk Cousins still can't beat winning teams

Yeah I'd swap the Packers and Seahawks but agree with the rest.  The Vikings beat the Cowboys on the road, though I'm not sure that counts.  We will see what they are really made of in two weeks against Seattle. 

No idea what happened to Rhodes.  2 years ago he was an island type corner, now he's a JAG.

5 hours ago, KFP7 said:

Yeah I'd swap the Packers and Seahawks but agree with the rest.  The Vikings beat the Cowboys on the road, though I'm not sure that counts.  We will see what they are really made of in two weeks against Seattle. 

No idea what happened to Rhodes.  2 years ago he was an island type corner, now he's a JAG.

Injuries have caught up with Rhodes. He was never really a strong technician, relied on his athleticism and length but it’s fallen off so much since 2017. Waynes has been okay. Overall, the secondary has been pretty bad but the defense has been hit with injuries the past few weeks with Waynes, Harris and Joseph. All should be ready against Seattle and should give the team a big boost. Joseph’s presence along the DL is clear, he does a ton for the pass rush which arguably has been the bigger issue the past two games. 

As for Cousins doubters, I don’t think you can expect much more from him since October. He’s played as well as anyone. Outside of a lousy first half against Denver (who has a top 5 defense don’t forget) and an inifficient game against at KC, he’s been worth the contract. Obviously, this has to carry over into the postseason, but the game at Seattle in a couple of weeks will be a huge test. 

36 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Injuries have caught up with Rhodes. He was never really a strong technician, relied on his athleticism and length but it’s fallen off so much since 2017. Waynes has been okay. Overall, the secondary has been pretty bad but the defense has been hit with injuries the past few weeks with Waynes, Harris and Joseph. All should be ready against Seattle and should give the team a big boost. Joseph’s presence along the DL is clear, he does a ton for the pass rush which arguably has been the bigger issue the past two games. 

As for Cousins doubters, I don’t think you can expect much more from him since October. He’s played as well as anyone. Outside of a lousy first half against Denver (who has a top 5 defense don’t forget) and an inifficient game against at KC, he’s been worth the contract. Obviously, this has to carry over into the postseason, but the game at Seattle in a couple of weeks will be a huge test. 

Worth the contract?  Yesterday's game was a gift for your team going against a qb starting in his 2nd nfl game. A missed 42 yard field goal and a horrible interception right before half was just enough for a sneak by win.  Credit them for a comeback but if playing a decent team and it was toast time.  Not impressed by the last 3 games, loss at KC, win at Dallas barely and this one against Denver.  Not a trend to be thrilled with.  

28 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Worth the contract?  Yesterday's game was a gift for your team going against a qb starting in his 2nd nfl game. A missed 42 yard field goal and a horrible interception right before half was just enough for a sneak by win.  Credit them for a comeback but if playing a decent team and it was toast time.  Not impressed by the last 3 games, loss at KC, win at Dallas barely and this one against Denver.  Not a trend to be thrilled with.  

Thielen has been out too during this stretch, so we should get him back against Seattle. Cousins didn’t go up against a second string QB directly, he went up against a top 5 defensive unit and managed to pull out a huge comeback. His biggest concern was that he doesn’t come up big when it matters, at least against Dallas and Denver, he did at the end of the day, even with a suspect defense and not having one of his top WRs, who was replaced by a rookie 7th round pick.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

He didn’t think the Vikings would be 8-3 this year either, so that’s surprising.  It’s actually good though.  If the Vikings ranked this year they might have gotten rid of Cousins.  Now it looks like Cousins is playing well enough to stick around until he sucks again.

8 hours ago, Norm said:

Was he the ONLY person here who said it? If so I think I know who it is lol

I don't know if I was the only one, but I was the most vocal. My prediction for the Bears was 6-10. You could tell Trubisky was no prime time QB. Last year all the breaks fell their way, this year, they are who we thought they were!