Week 11 Games

Leader

5 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

But more often than not, even when they are having down years they typically play the Packers tough regardless. 

Seems typical for a lot of division rivalry games honestly.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Worth the contract?  Yesterday's game was a gift for your team going against a qb starting in his 2nd nfl game. A missed 42 yard field goal and a horrible interception right before half was just enough for a sneak by win.  Credit them for a comeback but if playing a decent team and it was toast time.  Not impressed by the last 3 games, loss at KC, win at Dallas barely and this one against Denver.  Not a trend to be thrilled with

Leave out context and then spew ignorance on the subject; they WERE playing a decent team.  The Denver Broncos lost a few games by less than three points and their defense has proven themselves to be an elite defense in the NFL. Maybe no. 1 pass defense, but we were gifted a 20 point comeback win?  We played terrible the first half and flat out torched them in the second, primarily because of Cousins. Without what may have been his no. 1 receiver and Kline. Our offensive line’s inability to stay consistent also affected Cousins in that game yet he persevered. We weren’t gifted anything. I am as harsh on Cousins as anyone, but this year, I can’t say much. I’ve tried to, and he has come up big time mostly. I still won’t say he is worth his contract fully but for me to be blind to what he has done so far this season, is a mistake. What were you watching without bias? 

We are going to pretend like your team isn’t always gifted some nonsense bogus calls simply because your the Packers? Please. 

I also don’t believe anyone really cares if you’re impressed. I don’t see any Vikings fans asking you if you were. I also can’t see why he took the time out to try and discuss with you any type of football related point in a professional manner. You’re obviously not having it. This is the Green Bay forum though, so.. maybe I shouldn’t have expected too much. 

We lost to KC and Chicago. We gifted you a win earlier in the year. 

What trend do you have to be thrilled with? You played a similar close game to KC and came out in top.  That doesn’t prove you’re better.  
You also lost outer division games to the Chargers and the Eagles.  One of them at home... You guys are not THAT impressive.

I don’t understand how you’re able to play it off as if your club us something to behold... 

In the nicest way possible, I personally look forward to the game against GB later in the year more than I do any other game on the schedule. I feel more confident in that win than any other. 

Luckily for us, no top team so far looks to be head and shoulders better than anybody, and with a decent drop off after those caliber teams, it is going to be fun to watch this sort itself out.  

I wish you Good Luck on a healthy season. 

On 11/12/2019 at 10:37 AM, Leader said:

Favorites List 11.0

Pittsburgh over Cleveland (H)  -  (Should've known better than to think Pittsburgh had its act together)
Dallas over Detroit (H)  -  (A Stafford-less Detroit is a loser Detroit)
Indianapolis (H) over Jacksonville  -  (Going with the home team for now. If Foles comes back, this will change)
Miami (H) over Buffalo  -  (I'm done waiting on Buffalo to put a complete game together)
Minnesota (H) over Denver  -  (This one wont be pretty)
New Orleans over Tampa Bay (H)  -  (Something tells me NOLA doesnt play all that great at Tampa...but still...)
New York Jets over Washington (H)  -  (One of those "could go either way" games)
Carolina (H) over Atlanta  -  (Atlanta wont put two winning efforts together)
Baltimore (H) over Houston  -  (Interesting game...might change this one)
San Francisco (H) over Arizona  -  (AZ could make it interesting...but think San Fran bounces back)
Oakland (H) over Cincinnati  -  (Leader for the #1 pick hangs on to its lead)
Philadelphia (H) over New England  -  (Going with the upset here)
Los Angeles Rams (H) over Chicago  -  (Might change this one...cant get past this CHI team actually beating this LAR team)
Kansas City over Los Angeles Chargers (H)-(Switching gears to KC. Dont trust the KC D, but not sure LAC can get it done)
Bye Week - Green Bay, Tennessee, New York Giants & Seattle

Upset Specials

Detroit (H) over Dallas  -  (Wont happen, but this is the upsets section)
Denver over Minnesota (H)  -  (See above)
Tampa Bay (H) over New Orleans  -  (Tampa hands NOLA its 2nd straight defeat. Sure, why not?)
Atlanta over Carolina (H)  -  (Atlanta rises up to put a hurting on Carolina's playoff chances)
Arizona over San Francisco (H)  -  (They gave them a game last time...maybe this time they'll win it)
Philadelphia (H) over New England  -  (If Philly plays it right, they could win this)
Los Angeles Rams (H) over Chicago -  (This shouldnt feel like an upset, but for some reason it does)
Los Angeles Chargers (H) over Kansas City  -  (The Chargers put a serious charge into the Heartland).

Week 11 record:  10 + 4
YTD:  95 + 60

Edited by Leader

8 hours ago, Torchezim said:

Leave out context and then spew ignorance on the subject; they WERE playing a decent team.  The Denver Broncos lost a few games by less than three points and their defense has proven themselves to be an elite defense in the NFL. Maybe no. 1 pass defense, but we were gifted a 20 point comeback win?  We played terrible the first half and flat out torched them in the second, primarily because of Cousins. Without what may have been his no. 1 receiver and Kline. Our offensive line’s inability to stay consistent also affected Cousins in that game yet he persevered. We weren’t gifted anything. I am as harsh on Cousins as anyone, but this year, I can’t say much. I’ve tried to, and he has come up big time mostly. I still won’t say he is worth his contract fully but for me to be blind to what he has done so far this season, is a mistake. What were you watching without bias? 

We are going to pretend like your team isn’t always gifted some nonsense bogus calls simply because your the Packers? Please. 

I also don’t believe anyone really cares if you’re impressed. I don’t see any Vikings fans asking you if you were. I also can’t see why he took the time out to try and discuss with you any type of football related point in a professional manner. You’re obviously not having it. This is the Green Bay forum though, so.. maybe I shouldn’t have expected too much. 

What trend do you have to be thrilled with? You played a similar close game to KC and came out in top.  That doesn’t prove you’re better.  
You also lost outer division games to the Chargers and the Eagles.  One of them at home... You guys are not THAT impressive.

I don’t understand how you’re able to play it off as if your club us something to behold... 

In the nicest way possible, I personally look forward to the game against GB later in the year more than I do any other game on the schedule. I feel more confident in that win than any other. 

Luckily for us, no top team so far looks to be head and shoulders better than anybody, and with a decent drop off after those caliber teams, it is going to be fun to watch this sort itself out.  

There's a lot to unpack here. . . None of it is really good, but there's a lot here. 

+++

Just hitting the "non-Packer NFC North fan" stereotypes:

• "Taken out of context"
  • "Spew Ignorance"
  • Justifying a really unimpressive win.
  • Prop up a middling QB.
  • Disclaimer that he's not propping up a middling QB, because he's typically very harsh on said middling QB
  • Injury excuse
  • "Bias"
  • Claiming the Packers always get help from the refs. 
  • Doesn't care if Packer fans are impressed despite posting on a Packers message board in an attempt to make a really unimpressive win seem less unimpressive.
  • Claim a divisional loss to the Packers was a gift or somehow the fault of his team
  • Passive Agressive "expected too much"
  • Attempts to diminish other Packer wins. 
  • Accusation that we're pretending like the Packers are somehow an elite team.
  • "In the nicest way possible"
  • "Personally look forward"
  • Expressing a level of confidence in the upcoming game against us.
  • Writing "I wish you luck" when he means "**** you"

+++

Really it's only the bolded that mark this as a Viking fan post, the rest could easily be Bears or Lions fans. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Torchezim said:

Wow  ... must have hit a nerve.  One point for sure, this is a Packer forum.  

11 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Pennel is just the kind of guy this team could use on the DL 

Was really hoping we would sign him. He has made a noticeable difference for the Chiefs in the few games he has played. Definitely brings a physicality and toughness we need on the inside. 

Edited by Victor1124

54 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Wow  ... must have hit a nerve.  One point for sure, this is a Packer forum.  

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's a lot to unpack here. . . None of it is really good, but there's a lot here. 

+++

Just hitting the "non-Packer NFC North fan" stereotypes:

• "Taken out of context"
  • "Spew Ignorance"
  • Justifying a really unimpressive win.
  • Prop up a middling QB.
  • Disclaimer that he's not propping up a middling QB, because he's typically very harsh on said middling QB
  • Injury excuse
  • "Bias"
  • Claiming the Packers always get help from the refs. 
  • Doesn't care if Packer fans are impressed despite posting on a Packers message board in an attempt to make a really unimpressive win seem less unimpressive.
  • Claim a divisional loss to the Packers was a gift or somehow the fault of his team
  • Passive Agressive "expected too much"
  • Attempts to diminish other Packer wins. 
  • Accusation that we're pretending like the Packers are somehow an elite team.
  • "In the nicest way possible"
  • "Personally look forward"
  • Expressing a level of confidence in the upcoming game against us.
  • Writing "I wish you luck" when he means "**** you"

+++

Really it's only the bolded that mark this as a Viking fan post, the rest could easily be Bears or Lions fans. 

May I ask where any of my points were incorrect?

You didn’t really splinter a nerve, more so just reiterated things that were so untrue, they absolutely called for a response. 

In essence, Cousins has played well this year. I do agree that he hasn’t yet played up to the contract afforded to him, but the reasoning given was terrible. 

Edited by Torchezim

10 hours ago, Torchezim said:

- We beat those two teams! Interesting!

- Thanks for the gift! Is it similar to the two 'gifts' you were handed the past two weeks or do gifts only happen when the Packers win? 

- You do realize when we meet in week 16 we will likely be 12-2 and you'll be no better than 10-4, losing to Seattle in Seattle. Meaning, the division and first round bye are likely secured for Green Bay. Our only motivation will be to knock you out of the playoffs. Might not be in our best interest because we actually want Cousins extended and getting Mahomes money after his extension! 

- Just one caveat. I heard the loser of the Super Bowl is going to receive a trophy in the spirit of today's political correctness. They are naming it "The Bud Grant Trophy!" Unfortunately, the Vikings will not receive 4 of them retroactively, so your trophy case will still be empty! 

Edited by Golfman