Week 11 Games

Leader

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

- We beat those two teams! Interesting!

- Thanks for the gift! Is it similar to the two 'gifts' you were handed the past two weeks or do gifts only happen when the Packers win? 

- You do realize when we meet in week 16 we will likely be 12-2 and you'll be no better than 10-4, losing to Seattle in Seattle. Meaning, the division and first round bye are likely secured for Green Bay. Our only motivation will be to knock you out of the playoffs. Might not be in our best interest because we actually want Cousins extended and getting Mahomes money after his extension! 

- Just one caveat. I heard the loser of the Super Bowl is going to receive a trophy in the spirit of today's political correctness. They are naming it "The Bud Grant Trophy!" Unfortunately, the Vikings will not receive 4 of them retroactively, so your trophy case will still be empty! 

Yes. You played a similar game to KC and happened to come out on top. No one is taking that win away from you, but it wasn’t that impressive either so no need to pretend like it was. As for Chicago, you seem to be inferring that this was and is the same Vikings team currently. A lot has changed fortunately for us. Most notably, Cousins play. We will see how he fares down the stretch; I just can’t bring myself to really worry about Green Bay doing anything of significance come postseason. Maybe that feeling will change dramatically as the season progresses but as of right now, I stand by that sentiment. We will see what you guys can do against San Francisco, but I sincerely expect you to fold like wet paper when team chooses run the ball on you. Any playoff caliber team (even Chargers caliber of team), can just run the ball and have a terrific shot at beating Green Bay.  There is no hidden formula. Eagles did it. Or did they throw a lot?  I can’t recall.

Gifts? You can’t be gifted when you come back from 20 in the second half. That takes a tremendous amount of great play and focus. That doesn’t just happen.  And the Dallas game?  How was that a gift?  We were leading for the majority of it? 

Oh, man! The Ol’ “Let’s bring up Super Bowls because we are really talking out of our back side.” Why would a Vikings fan bring up Super Bowl wins or trophies?  I wouldn’t. I am aware of our record in that area.  It is the last resort of a dying franchise and stubborn fanbase. While every point I brought up was valid, you nor anyone here has successfully disputed or defended anything I said. You said, essentially, that I was a typical Vikings/NFC North fan.  In actuality, I was responding to a Packers fan’s (no surprise there) horrendous logic regarding why our team is unimpressive in his eyes. 

Why are we going to be 10-4? With the exception of Seattle, who are we losing to in your opinion?  Lol.

Just because you guys can’t beat Seattle doesn’t mean that we won’t defeat them, in Seattle. As it pertains to that game, I am not sure what will happen, but it is two of the best teams in the NFC going head to head at a crucial point in the season, so we will see how it pans out.  Also, how are you so sure you’re going 12-2? Lol.  It’s Week 12. You have to remain in the playoff hunt before you worry about knocking people out of contention. No one that wears purple and gold is, or should be at least, worried about Green Bay.

17 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Gifts? You can’t be gifted when you come back from 20 in the second half. That takes a tremendous amount of great play and focus. That doesn’t just happen.  And the Dallas game?  How was that a gift?  We were leading for the majority of it? 

Why are we going to be 10-4? With the exception of Seattle, who are we losing to in your opinion?  Lol.

So when you come back it 'takes a tremendous amount of great play and focus'! I see you left out blown coverages and missed opportunities by your opponent though! LOL. Also, when Dallas comes back, and sans a couple of stupid calls by their coach would have beaten you, 'you were ahead the whole game! Very funny that you don't notice the double standard in your own post. 

Little math quiz for you! What is 3+1? I know you're a Vikings fan, but you should get this one! Here is a hint! You are currently 8 - 3! You think you can figure the balance of it out? I'm having visions of a light bulb coming on over your head as you read this the third time! 

Edited by Golfman

24 minutes ago, Golfman said:

So when you come back it 'takes a tremendous amount of great play and focus'! I see you left out blown coverages and missed opportunities by your opponent though! LOL. Also, when Dallas comes back, and sans a couple of stupid calls by their coach would have beaten you, 'you were ahead the whole game! Very funny that you don't notice the double standard in your own post. 

Little math quiz for you! What is 3+1? I know you're a Vikings fan, but you should get this one! Here is a hint! You are currently 8 - 3! You think you can figure the balance of it out? I'm having visions of a light bulb coming on over your head as you read this the third time! 

Ok Packer fan. Nothing of substance yet again. Lol

I feel comfortable. 

13 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I feel comfortable. 

Put your clothes back on, your Mom might come downstairs any minute to do your laundry.

PS....the refs gifted you the Bronco game, or do you deny the stretched jersey on the last play?  Defensive holding in 31 of 32 NFL cities.

29 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I feel comfortable. 

Here's your substance....

Pack is unimpressive despite beating the Vikes & 2 teams that the Vikes lost too and the Vikes are super impressive because they came back after being down 20 to *checks notes* a 3-7 Broncos team at home lead by an unknown rookie QB starting his 2nd game. 

Forgive us for being bias in our own forum...

Edited by TheBitzMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Torchezim said:

Yes. You played a similar game to KC and happened to come out on top. No one is taking that win away from you, but it wasn’t that impressive either so no need to pretend like it was. As for Chicago, you seem to be inferring that this was and is the same Vikings team currently. A lot has changed fortunately for us. Most notably, Cousins play. We will see how he fares down the stretch; I just can’t bring myself to really worry about Green Bay doing anything of significance come postseason. Maybe that feeling will change dramatically as the season progresses but as of right now, I stand by that sentiment. We will see what you guys can do against San Francisco, but I sincerely expect you to fold like wet paper when team chooses run the ball on you. Any playoff caliber team (even Chargers caliber of team), can just run the ball and have a terrific shot at beating Green Bay.  There is no hidden formula. Eagles did it. Or did they throw a lot?  I can’t recall.

Oh, man! The Ol’ “Let’s bring up Super Bowls because we are really talking out of our back side.” Why would a Vikings fan bring up Super Bowl wins or trophies?  I wouldn’t. I am aware of our record in that area.  It is the last resort of a dying franchise and stubborn fanbase. While every point I brought up was valid, you nor anyone here has successfully disputed or defended anything I said. You said, essentially, that I was a typical Vikings/NFC North fan.  In actuality, I was responding to a Packers fan’s (no surprise there) horrendous logic regarding why our team is unimpressive in his eyes. 

Just because you guys can’t beat Seattle doesn’t mean that we won’t defeat them, in Seattle. As it pertains to that game, I am not sure what will happen, but it is two of the best teams in the NFC going head to head at a crucial point in the season, so we will see how it pans out.  Also, how are you so sure you’re going 12-2? Lol.  It’s Week 12. You have to remain in the playoff hunt before you worry about knocking people out of contention. No one that wears purple and gold is, or should be at least, worried about Green Bay.

Both teams are flawed honestly. Packers have major issues at DT, ILB and WR. Vikings are weak in the interior o line and at corner. Many fortunate things have to go right for either team to reach the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Howler

12 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Here's your substance....

Pack is unimpressive despite beating the Vikes & 2 teams that the Vikes lost too and the Vikes are super impressive because they came back after being down 20 to *checks notes* a 3-7 Broncos team at home lead by an unknown rookie QB starting his 2nd game. 

Forgive us for being bias in our own forum...

"Thumbs up" emoticon (if it existed) would be placed here: _______.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Packer fans and idiots are mutually exclusive entities  :)

I never try to reason with a Vikings fan. Vikings fans are like trolls: they'll bring you down to their level and punish you with their experience...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

I feel comfortable. 

I'll jump into this conversation, now that you've just proven two points:

1. You are NOT comfortable!  You and your Viking brethren need to seriously stop OBSESSING about the Packers, like seriously.  You folks have such an unhealthy obsession with the Packers, it has reached a scary, unhealthy imbalance in a postal kind of way.  

2. The more you whine about us, the saltier your tears get.

Bonus:  I personally think GB will not escape the glass 'bird house of death' with a win, and your Vikes have a favorable schedule coming into the home stretch.  It's going to be close finish.  Now return back to your forum and not WORRY so damn much about what Packer fans are saying in their forum - right, wrong, or indifferent.  At the end of the day, nobody really gives a **** but obsessed Vikings fans, and we drink your tears for breakfast.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Put your clothes back on, your Mom might come downstairs any minute to do your laundry.

PS....the refs gifted you the Bronco game, or do you deny the stretched jersey on the last play?  Defensive holding in 31 of 32 NFL cities.

Do you deny the push off on the last pass?

We can go round and round on penalty boundaries all day but no one is ever gifted anything as much as the Fudgepackers.